Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Did my first charge to 100% today. The dash gave me an indicated range of 210kms in normal driving mode and it was just 6 degrees outside.

Happy enough with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,223 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Never have the car in normal driving mode again, you n00b :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

unkel wrote: »
    Never have the car in normal driving mode again, you n00b :p

I'll remember that when I pick mine up this week :)

I'd pay money for someone who could program my car always to start in sport mode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

unkel wrote:
    Never have the car in normal driving mode again, you n00b

I forgot to sport mode last week and was accidentally driving around in normal mode for 10 minutes..... It was quite different / refined .... But obviously not to be repeated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I'd pay money for someone who could program my car always to start in sport mode :D

It's my little ritual when I get in the car.

Sit down
    Foot on brake
    Car on.
    D,
    Auto Hold,
    Change Mode,
    Seat Belt,

Foot off brake,
    Regen to Zero,

VESS,
    Indicate and pull off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

What would be the best price on the iqonic with the scrappage

liamog wrote: »
    It's my little ritual when I get in the car.

Sit down
    Foot on brake
    Car on.
    D,
    Auto Hold,
    Change Mode,
    Seat Belt,

Foot off brake,
    Regen to Zero,

VESS,
    Indicate and pull off.

I'm a bit less patient:

Sit down
    Foot on brake
    Car on
    Change Mode (much quicker to do any of these first as there is a delay after switching the car on before you can get it into Drive)
    D
    Pull off

:D

kala85 wrote: »
    What would be the best price on the iqonic with the scrappage

A couple of new 191 owners in here got one for €26k on the road (white solid paint)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

unkel wrote:
    I'd pay money for someone who could program my car always to start in sport mode

And to turn on auto hold by default too.

Bizarre you can't set it up that way ;(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

BigAl81 wrote: »
    And to turn on auto hold by default too.

Bizarre you can't set it up that way ;(

As well as this, and all of the above, I always turn the cruise control on. On my previous car, the cruise was always on and just needed the speed set to work. In the Ioniq, I forget to turn it on before setting it, so on it stays. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Anyone any idea of the actual value of a 171 Ioniq? I went to look at the Kona (i know tssk) and they only offered 18k for my Ioniq as trade in. 171 black with 35k km.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Private money they seem to be getting 22 to 25 from ads. But are they actually getting that. Its alot of money for a private sale but at the same time sought after so probably are .

Why not test the waters. But you'd then have a gap between selling and owning the new one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

This was something I was half thinking of too. Interested to hear of anyone who goes for this option.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

listermint wrote: »
    Private money they seem to be getting 22 to 25 from ads. But are they actually getting that. Its alot of money for a private sale but at the same time sought after so probably are .

Why not test the waters. But you'd then have a gap between selling and owning the new one
    Yes they seem to be asking that much but I wonder what they are actually achieving. I'm all about the convenience really so if I could have ticked a box and taken a Kona with small increase in monthly repayments then I probably would have. But I was expecting above 20, not 18 (which would mean I wouldn't clear the amount owing on my loan, let alone have any equity to use as deposit for the kona)

I will think about it, might put up a testing the waters add at say 24, if no calls then I'll keep the Ioniq for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yes they seem to be asking that much but I wonder what they are actually achieving. I'm all about the convenience really so if I could have ticked a box and taken a Kona with small increase in monthly repayments then I probably would have. But I was expecting above 20, not 18 (which would mean I wouldn't clear the amount owing on my loan, let alone have any equity to use as deposit for the kona)

I will think about it, might put up a testing the waters add at say 24, if no calls then I'll keep the Ioniq for this year.

Could press for a better trade deal . As in just say I want to have 20 that's the minimum in looking for. Approach a few dealers and see. Its a two way street

+1

There are 30 Hyundai dealers in Ireland. Approach them all with a concise email stating exactly what you want to get, give all details of your Ioniq and make sure they are convinced you are ready to do the deal there and then. Some will ignore you, some will get back. Some will play ball and there will be a small number of dealers left willing to do a seriously good deal that you can play off against each other. Play the game! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

+1

There are 30 Hyundai dealers in Ireland. Approach them all with a concise email stating exactly what you want to get, give all details of your Ioniq and make sure they are convinced you are ready to do the deal there and then. Some will ignore you, some will get back. Some will play ball and there will be a small number of dealers left willing to do a seriously good deal that you can play off against each other. Play the game! :cool:

The "I'm ready to a deal TODAY" thing is actually really important. I had a Nissan salesman say this just on Monday.

His spin/spiel on it was that it's far easier to for him to squeeze a bit more from the manager if he can see the customer really is ready to deal today.

The fact you are in an EV already makes this easier.

Wheras my Sister in law had literally never even sat in an EV before Monday.

Old diesel wrote: »
    The "I'm ready to a deal TODAY" thing is actually really important. I had a Nissan salesman say this just on Monday.

His spin/spiel on it was that it's far easier to for him to squeeze a bit more from the manager if he can see the customer really is ready to deal today.

The fact you are in an EV already makes this easier.

Wheras my Sister in law had literally never even sat in an EV before Monday.

True but as Unkle says above there's 30 dealers. I want to find the one or two that are willing to deal and then go in to them in person to get the best deal. I know people don't deal by email/phone in car sales and they only give you the real bottom line when you're in the premises.

I've been in two minds since the paddy spec kona ev was announced to be honest. I subjectively love the look of the car, and the 7 second 0-60 is really appealing, as is the monster range and relatively cheap price.
    On the other hand, the repayments are likely to be not far off a model S which is what I probably really want, and the lack of adaptive cruise is really disappointing.

I think this is one I'm going to have to sleep on for a few days more. In a way I'm glad they gave a crap trade in value on the first place I contacted as it allows more time for me not to be my usual super impulsive self!! :pac:

I think what I will end up doing is wait until my next loan payment comes out for the Ioniq in a few days time and then contact the bank to see what is remaining (ie what I could pay to clear the loan) and go from there.

Old diesel wrote: »
    The "I'm ready to a deal TODAY" thing is actually really important.

It's the most important part of any negotiation about buying any goods / services. Use it to your advantage and you will save a lot of money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yes, it drove past me before (in my Ioniq)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yes, it drove past me before (in my Ioniq)

Did you race....

Garda Ioniq?

I posted it here before. Might have been over a year ago! Fair play to whoever in AGS made the decision to purchase that car. Much more suitable than the usual Hyundai i40 diesel for Dublin metropolitan police . Maintenance costs on Garda cars is enormous. Almost zero maintenance on an EV.

Ioniq has massive regen first before the friction brakes are applied, even if you stamp on the brakes. Isn't that right, liamog? :D

Did you race....
    Yes, but I ran out of battery

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Water John

My info on trade in, if it's of help. 161 Leaf 30, one offer showed he would buy back for €17K and would resell for close on €20K.
    Another was offering €16K.
    Third guy was, on a straight deal, knocking €1K off the Kona.
    By selling the Leaf myself there was a diff of €3/4K.

ELM will pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Well I picked up my Aurora Silver Ioniq last Saturday and after a nervy start of getting used to charging without the type 2 cable and home charger, I've managed to wrangle free electricity at work.
    Basically I arrive at work, drive out the back of our vast factory plug in the granny cable into a waterproof extension lead outside an old store and it is fairly full when I leave. Every day I am enjoying it more and more as I get used to the ins and outs of a truly wonderful piece of kit.
    https://imgur.com/a/NasXXcm
    Somebody might tell me how to share a photo of this.

Well wear, patmac!

I'd love to see the Aurora Silver in the flesh

I picked Aurora Silver myself 2 years ago, but I chickened out and went for the safer Platinum Silver :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

patmac wrote: »
    Well I picked up my Aurora Silver Ioniq last Saturday and after a nervy start of getting used to charging without the type 2 cable and home charger, I've managed to wrangle free electricity at work.
    Basically I arrive at work, drive out the back of our vast factory plug in the granny cable into a waterproof extension lead outside an old store and it is fairly full when I leave. Every day I am enjoying it more and more as I get used to the ins and outs of a truly wonderful piece of kit.

Every beginning is quite nervy, regardless if you are aware of what you have gotten yourself into or not :)
    Believe me, once you get to know the car is pure pleasure. You’d find yourself pushing it to the limits sooner or later and even if you bought an EV to drive efficiently and eco-friendly pud find yourself with a heavier and heavier right foot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭denismc

patmac wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/a/NasXXcm
    Somebody might tell me how to share a photo of this.

Well wear, thats a nice colour.
    You should ask your employer if they would install a proper charger, the cost to them is minimal as they can write it off against tax.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement