Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

BigAl81 wrote: »
    I traded in a 2ltr petrol yesterday and have spent today whizzing around Wicklow in my Ionic and spent zero on fuel ;)

I'll save more than the car cost me over 5 years. If you do more miles than me, you'll save more!

Glad you're enjoying the noise and vibration free driving!

Just remember that you're not allowed to say how good the car is outside of this thread. The drivers of a certain other EV get all annoyed if you post anywhere else. Apparently it makes you a fanboy! Whoodathunkit? :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,053 ✭✭✭✭unkel

One of the aspects of the test drive that swung it for me was a longish trip through the Dublin mountains. The low centre of gravity and the softish suspension make for good progress if you use the full width of the road (where safe) :D
    liamog wrote: »
    We moved the LKAS up to the highest setting, much better then. The system is designed to annoy former BMW drivers, you have to use the indicators when changing lanes to stop it beeping at you.

Oh no, I like the LKAS. Use it all the time on the motorway. Just on those rare occasions when you drive a car with lane markings on a road not really wide enough for two lanes does it can get a touch annoying. My own fault really as I can off course switch it off with a touch of a button. Just got used to knowing I always have it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Will an Ioniq do a 145km commute year round? mix of 100km/h+ maybe 20km on 120km/h roads.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Will an Ioniq do a 145km commute year round? mix of 100km/h+ maybe 20km on 120km/h roads.

Yeah no worries, at this time of year we're getting about 190km normal and 170km on long motorway runs.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

unkel wrote: »
    Oh no, I like the LKAS. Use it all the time on the motorway. Just on those rare occasions when you drive a car with lane markings on a road not really wide enough for two lanes does it can get a touch annoying. My own fault really as I can off course switch it off with a touch of a button. Just got used to knowing I always have it on.

That makes sense, it's a great system for the roads around D15, most of the distributor roads here are 60km and well lined. When I used to drive her up the River Rd there was always a spot where you almost had to cross the line.

• Advertisement

Stick a partly filled bottle of water upside down into your steering wheel on a quiet motorway with the ACC on and you have auto pilot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

ewj1978 wrote:

Absolutely, all day and year long. I'm 90% motorway and 90% the wrong (high)side of the speed limit.....lowest I've ever seen my gom is 164.
    If that is your daily use case you could save a fortune on fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Yeah no worries, at this time of year we're getting about 190km normal and 170km on long motorway runs.

Do u run it to 190km on a single charge, fair play!? After getting turtle mode on the way back to Dublin from Wexford, I only run it down to 20%

jusmeig wrote: »
    Do u run it to 190km on a single charge, fair play!? After getting turtle mode on the way back to Dublin from Wexford, I only run it down to 20%

We've made it home a couple of times with --- on the range. Turtle comes on at 4% which is good for around 6km. I don't plan it that way, but if I'm at 10% and less than 10km from home I'll keep going. Our other EV gives me 90km winter range from 100%. So 20% of the Ioniq @38km is a completly different persperctive.

Turtle comes on at 4% which is good for around 6km

And that's playing it pretty safe. You should easily get over 2km per % range left in turtle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Frustratingly my local Hyundai dealer has no Ioniq demos.

I know the Ioniq is a superior car to the Leaf 40 - and as a geek I'd wait.

But for the normal non geek person - no demo means no sale. I mean where they've never driven an EV before in their lives.

A non geek may well sométimes buy a normal Corolla without driving it etc. But their first EV - nope not really happening

If I was Hyundai and didn't want to tie up money in excess demos for Ioniq - then I'd look at having a system where a demo is delivered to the customer under pre booking.

With Nissan i just rang the dealer - yes they have a car available.

Test drive this afternoon.

Now given that rapidgate will be a non issue for my sister in law - I wonder whose more likely to get the sale....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Old diesel wrote: »
    Frustratingly my local Hyundai dealer has no Ioniq demos.

I know the Ioniq is a superior car to the Leaf 40 - and as a geek I'd wait.

But for the normal non geek person - no demo means no sale. I mean where they've never driven an EV before in their lives.

A non geek may well sométimes buy a normal Corolla without driving it etc. But their first EV - nope not really happening

If I was Hyundai and didn't want to tie up money in excess demos for Ioniq - then I'd look at having a system where a demo is delivered to the customer under pre booking.

With Nissan i just rang the dealer - yes they have a car available.

Test drive this afternoon.

Now given that rapidgate will be a non issue for my sister in law - I wonder whose more likely to get the sale....

If your doing scrappage isn't the Ioniq a few k cheaper than Leaf

26k vs 30k

Ioniq will have better resale come trade in time too imo

Has a better warranty too I think 5 year unlimited

Try a different garage

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Try a different garage

+1

Doesn't really matter where you go for a test drive, you could still buy the car from your local dealer.

Best anyway if they drove both Leaf and Ioniq and compare the bottom line price they could get for with how they like the car, the specs and the other pros and cons you can explain to them, Old diesel. It won't be easy to explain CHAdeMO vs CCS and the way it is going to them, so best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

+1

Doesn't really matter where you go for a test drive, you could still buy the car from your local dealer.

This.

I live in Wexford,Took my test drive in Waterford and bought in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hi Ioniq owners,

Is there anyway to see what charge your currently pulling when plugged in?

I have the time remaining until full shown on the dash but that's all I can see.

Thanks!

There are only 2 ways afaik. Check the display on the charger or connect a bluetooth OBD2 connector and install Torque pro app on your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Does anyone know what the current lead time on a new Ioniq is? Is there such a thing as bespoke ordering or is it a case of dealers having ordered certain colours and specs already and prospective customers opting for these?

Afaik there is both. You can order one, but the lead time will be long. Alternatively, there might be cars already in the country ready for reg and the dealers did pre order stock for reg now

There is only one spec in Ireland. No options at all (except colour). That made it a bit easier for the dealers :)

Ring / contact all Hyundai Ireland dealers though, don't take our opinion on it. The dealers will tell you their own situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

+1

Best anyway if they drove both Leaf and Ioniq and compare the bottom line price they could get for with how they like the car, the specs and the other pros and cons you can explain to them, Old diesel. It won't be easy to explain CHAdeMO vs CCS and the way it is going to them, so best of luck :)

I will ring around other dealers for sure.

Tbh when I put up the post i just saw the lack of a demo as a consequence of the wider Ioniq supply challenges.

The Ioniq is the superior car so I'm definitely keen that she doesn't buy a CHR or the Leaf without driving an Ioniq first.

The CCS vs chademo I'm postponing until I know she's liking the EV idea. I think if I do it now it just means they go meh think we will drive a normal car with all the confusion.

She's not getting tuned into the Leaf yet as an idea - she's VERY styling sensitive and the whole driving something that isn't a manual is still very new.

Will certainly be working out how to explain it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Madisonmenece

p15574 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the current lead time on a new Ioniq is? Is there such a thing as bespoke ordering or is it a case of dealers having ordered certain colours and specs already and prospective customers opting for these?

Ordered one before Xmas and collected on the 3rd, when I ordered there were still a few going but starting to move so the dealer said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

are dealers doing scrappage deals against the Ioniq for straight cash sales, or only if you take out finance with them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

A load arrived the last week of November, ordered a black one before Christmas and waiting for grant to go through to collect this week.

Seem to be mostly white ones available. As said above, one spec only. The higher spec is available in the UK.

cloughy wrote: »
    are dealers doing scrimmage deals against the Ioniq for straight cash sales, or only if you take out finance with them ?

Should be scrappage available for cash

Scrappage doesn't make any difference for cash or on finance. Mine was on cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

thanks for the update,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Any idea what comes in the boot tools wise? I can see 2 tow eyes but no tyre iron or jack. I guess that makes sense without a spare tyre, just want to check...

Nothing much. Early on I took out the whole hard plastic shelf from under the floor of the boot. It gives a bit more space so you can store the cable (out of its bag) and the tyre repair kit under the floor of the boot, neatly out of the way. I then raised the passenger seat and shoved the granny cable in its bag under the front passenger seat.

For anyone with a dog or carrying more than clean stuff, I would recommend the Hyundai genuine boot liner. It is sturdy, obviously fits perfectly and I think it was something like €45 + VAT from the main dealers. Well worth it. Only a touch more than aftermarket ones from the UK. Iirc the UK Hyundai dealers charge GBP60-70 for them.

We need a new owner list anyway! Anyone doing the honours? I reckon we must be getting close to 40 Ioniq EV owners here on boards now. That's pretty damn impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

unkel wrote:
    We need a new owner list anyway! Anyone doing the honours? I reckon we must be getting close to 40 Ioniq EV owners here on boards now. That's pretty damn impressive.

Especially as they only sold something like 17 of them last year.

If you bump into an Ionic driver they're more likely than not a Boardsie too!!

• Advertisement

Thought someone had the sales figures up recently and it was 83 or something like that?

Edit: was on irish ev owners and was 93 new and 22 imports

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement