Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

kave2 wrote: »
    Range is around 250km in city. Purely motorway around 170-180km. Are these figures accurate?
    If provided by the manufacturer or the dealer, then most likely not. As with the exaggeration of mpg figures by ICE manufacturers, same applies with EV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

unkel wrote: »
    A replacement battery costing €5k now might only cost €2.5k in 5 years time, but the 10 year old Leaf will only be worth around that.

Nobody in their right mind* is gonna spend €2.5k on a €2.5k car if that only makes it worth €3-€4k

More likely that a third party will be able to commercially "fix" batteries by replacing some dodgy battery modules - as people have already successfully and cheaply done - DIY! - on their Lexus hybrids. For a few hundred rather than a few thousand

*except Mad_Lad :p

It doesn't matter what Nissan do. Third party packs will be available and the lead battery can be upgraded in pack units

BoatMad wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what Nissan do. Third party packs will be available and the lead battery can be upgraded in pack units

"Will be" you must have polished that crystal ball.

By the way , where's your battery report ?

"Will be" you must have polished that crystal ball.

By the way , where's your battery report ?

Just like you can buy replacement engines and replacemebt iPhone batteries there no reason to suspect you will not be able to get third party battery packs in the future if the demand exists for then. There is no technical reason to prevent it.

Report soon , just haven't got around to it. Will try and pull one Sunday

BoatMad wrote: »
    Just like you can buy replacement engines and replacemebt iPhone batteries there no reason to suspect you will not be able to get third party battery packs in the future if the demand exists for then. There is no technical reason to prevent it.

If demand is there and there are reputable companies who offer good warranties and don't go bust.

It's actually not a difficult task provided it's a like for like replacement and there's no tinkering with charger and BMS parameters.

I would hope Nissan remain committed to battery replacements if required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Took a look at the EV version in a showroom the other day. Lovely looking car, bigger than I expected. The interior is really nice too - way better than the pictures seem to suggest. I was impressed that it has adaptive cruise and lane assist, but there are definite compromises there in the name of weight-saving and efficiency, such as no option for electric seats or leather. Also disappointing that they don't offer scrappage against it at all, whereas they seem to for the rest of their range. Still, if I had the money, I'd take it over any manual oil- burning jeep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Look around, I got dcrappage when I ordered mine. There seems to be some mad pice differences around various dealers, so look around and you'll find one.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,783 ✭✭✭✭unkel

fricatus wrote: »
    Also disappointing that they don't offer scrappage against it at all

I thought I read on their website they offer €4k scrappage?

Edit:

Hyundai.ie: up to €5,000 scrappage, Offer Applies to the i10, All-New i10, i20, i30, New Generation i30, ix20, i40, IONIQ Regular Hybrid, IONIQ All Electric, Tucson & Santa Fe

And select the Ioniq EV, then it says: €4,000 Guaranteed Scrappage Bonus

That dealer was either lying to you or there was a serious mis communictation. Which dealer was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I thought I read on their website they offer €4k scrappage?

Edit:

Hyundai.ie: up to €5,000 scrappage, Offer Applies to the i10, All-New i10, i20, i30, New Generation i30, ix20, i40, IONIQ Regular Hybrid, IONIQ All Electric, Tucson & Santa Fe

And select the Ioniq EV, then it says: €4,000 Guaranteed Scrappage Bonus

That dealer was either lying to you or there was a serious mis communictation. Which dealer was it?

Hmmm... it was Boland's in Waterford. It had to have been a mistake, since I can't imagine anyone deliberately trying to hide something that's in black and white on their own website. Anyway, that's cool, thanks lads!

At €28.5k plus metallic, plus delivery, the Ioniq is seriously overpriced. At €23k-€24k cash all-in (or a bit higher on finance) they have a much better chance to get some sales in :)

• Advertisement

Seriously over priced with all that kit ? really ? I wouldn't have thought so.

If you think that a Leaf is €20k cash, then €28.5k looks like a lot. I know it has a better battery and more gimmicks and should easily sell for more than the Leaf. But not 40% more...

If you think that a Leaf is €20k cash, then €28.5k looks like a lot. I know it has a better battery and more gimmicks and should easily sell for more than the Leaf. But not 40% more...

20 K cash for a 24 Kwh Leaf bog basic. Remember the leaf was 31K originally, then they reduced costs and brought 3 different specs.

How much is a 30 Kwh Leaf fully loaded ? ......

28 K for an Ioniq, Is that fully loaded ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

How much is a 30 Kwh Leaf fully loaded ? ......

€31.5k ... and the SVE 6.6kW 30kWh Leaf has less standard equipment than the Ioniq.
    28 K for an Ioniq, Is that fully loaded ?

Yup... basically one spec being imported.

Like I said, my only hesitation in picking the Ioniq over the Leaf would be ESB's lack of commitment to the CCS network.

cros13 wrote: »
    €31.5k ... and the SVE 6.6kW 30kWh Leaf has less standard equipment than the Ioniq.

Yup... basically one spec being imported.

Like I said, my only hesitation in picking the Ioniq over the Leaf would be ESB's lack of commitment to the CCS network.

Thanks, so, far from being seriously over priced then.

You mean the ESB's lack of commitment to "any part" of the network ?

All the more reason to wait for a 60 Kwh EV, Far less dependence on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Does the hyundai use an different charging system than the leaf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭blackbox

Is anyone thinking about the Ioniq plug in hybrid?

kala85 wrote: »
    Does the hyundai use an different charging system than the leaf

As in fast charging? Yes it does. It doesn't go with the "Japanese" CHAdeMO system but with the "European / American" CCS system

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So when you come to a public charger, be it in Dublin or Derry, do they charge every single type of EV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

NIMAN wrote: »
    So when you come to a public charger, be it in Dublin or Derry, do they charge every single type of EV?

You can check the network charge point map here as regards the standard of charging facilitated => LINK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,197 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

NIMAN wrote: »

No.

The Derry and Letterkenny fast chargers do, but not all.

Spoke with eCars this morning, regarding the home charger installation. They still Have between 400-500 chargers to installed free of charge, which is great.

Hopefully as manufacturers continue to advance battery tech and EV become a bit more mainstream, hopefully we'll see people start to drop the ICE and switch over.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I paid deposit for Ionic last week bit decided to cancel today. Still not sure how would I deal with the range restriction.

Thinking about going with Kia Niro instead. Keep it for couple of years and change to EV when the range is increased.

Very tough to decide

Spoke with eCars this morning, regarding the home charger installation. They still Have between 400-500 chargers to installed free of charge, which is great.

Hopefully as manufacturers continue to advance battery tech and EV become a bit more mainstream, hopefully we'll see people start to drop the ICE and switch over.

good grief, the rate of installation must be awful. their target was first 2000 installs, thats means there are 1500 EVSE home units , dear god , its worse then I thought

I paid deposit for Ionic last week bit decided to cancel today. Still not sure how would I deal with the range restriction.

Thinking about going with Kia Niro instead. Keep it for couple of years and change to EV when the range is increased.

Very tough to decide

what is you motoring requirements, that you felt there was a range restriction ,

Very tough to decide

the Ionic will do 98% of my driving, for anything where we may be going very long distance, i.e. driving down the country for a getaway etc, we'll probably use my wife's car, unless I can be sure that there is service along the way.

The charge point Grant is not limited to 2,000 EV's, there are that or more on the road now, it keeps getting extended.

Very tough to decide

I would wait another year, do not buy anything now if you are having doubts, there will be a lot more range in 2018 at what cost I do not know but it's worth holding out for if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Took EV Ioniq for a short test drive today, and I can now really appreciate all the positive reviews. Ioniq looked really well built from outside and feels decent inside as well. It felt very roomy inside, which was surprising considering I am used to the wide 6 seater FRV. Plenty of leg room front and back, and while the boot is nice and long and very good with seats folded - It's not very deep - you couldn't stack medium/large suitcases on their side for sure. A lot of gadgets - adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning - very useful if you are going up and down the M1/M50 every day. The downsides for me were a) there's a good bit of road noise, and all my cars so far have been loud inside, and I was hoping my next car would be peaceful inside. b) They are not offering the Premium and Premium SE trim levels they offer in UK, just one spec here - no leather seats, no memory seats etc, but it's not a huge problem.

I was quoted 26k for plain white after SEI grant, 4k scrappage etc, and another €500 approx for metallic paint (no metallic white). I checked my "long route" (Drogheda-Buncrana) and there are not many fast chargers that support CCS, but that might change sooner or later. I am thinking I should wait and see how other manufacturers react to Ioniq and when Model 3 deliveries start and people actually see them in flesh and stops buying ICE cars.. Also the 40kWh Ioniq. Like Mad_Lad says above 2018 is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement