Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Cheapest quote I got, after grant and scrappage, was €25750. Highest I got was €30500.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭denismc

Cheapest quote I got, after grant and scrappage, was €25750. Highest I got was €30500.
    That is a huge difference, it pays to shop around.
    Do you mind me asking who gave the best qoute?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

That just looks like he forgot to subtract the grant and that there is really only €250 between them.

The only other explanation is that he doesnt want to sell it!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,790 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Any extras in that like metallic paint? Did you negotiate (hard) or was it just an email request for best price?

denismc wrote: »
    That is a huge difference, it pays to shop around.
    Do you mind me asking who gave the best qoute?

Fitzpatricks in Naas gave me the cheap one. The higher one, when you walk into the showroom, the price they have on the ticket is €39500. After talking to the other dealers, I called them back and told them the difference, they basically said they can't explain it and there is nothing they could do.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Any extras in that like metallic paint? Did you negotiate (hard) or was it just an email request for best price?

Metallic paint in both prices. I didn't push too hard with either, but when told the price difference, the higher dealer said there is nothing they could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Fitzpatricks in Naas gave me the cheap one. The higher one, when you walk into the showroom, the price they have on the ticket is €39500. After talking to the other dealers, I called them back and told them the difference, they basically said they can't explain it and there is nothing they could do.

I'm not sure if i missed it earlier but is the cheaper quote for the Hybrid?

Thanks in advance,

Dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

The UK purchase price for the Hybrid is £19,950 and converted to €€€ that is just over €23k. Does anyone know what the Vrt would be like on them? I have checked out ROS.IE but you need a Reg to Get the VRT....?

Thanks in advance,

Dpjmie

dpjmie wrote: »
    I'm not sure if i missed it earlier but is the cheaper quote for the Hybrid?

Thanks in advance,

Dpjmie

No, both prices are for the electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

dpjmie wrote: »
    The UK purchase price for the Hybrid is £19,950 and converted to €€€ that is just over €23k. Does anyone know what the Vrt would be like on them? I have checked out ROS.IE but you need a Reg to Get the VRT....?

Thanks in advance,

Dpjmie

There is no VRT.

But because the car is new, you'd be charged VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

The guy with the high price is way off!

Hyundai's own website gives an RRP of €29450, and a post scrappage price of €25450, exc. metallic.

As I was saying about Hyundai planning more range.

Would you really buy now ?

http://www.autonews.com/article/20161114/OEM03/311149967/hyundai-plans-long-range-ioniq

Meh. If that's gonna cost €5k more, they can keep it.

5k ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Looks like that the way most will go. A range of batteries sizes. You pick your distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

As I was saying about Hyundai planning more range.

Would you really buy now ?

http://www.autonews.com/article/20161114/OEM03/311149967/hyundai-plans-long-range-ioniq

There always will be something coming out next year...

5k ?

Just making the figure up, but the cheapest 30kw Leaf is €5.5k more than the cheapest 24kw Leaf, so I can imagine it will be similar enough...

Who knows.

And yes, there will always be something better but as I said, the next year is going to bring big changes not small.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Who knows.

And yes, there will always be something better but as I said, the next year is going to bring big changes not small.

Big changes, which will not come cheap. If particular range suits the typical commuting pattern, I would buy now - like 2017 now...

Who knows what the cost will be, If It were I and I was buying right now I'd choose the 40 Kwh Zoe.

They might still offer more range for the same money.

Depends on what someone's preference and needs are.

• Advertisement

Who knows what the cost will be, If It were I and I was buying right now I'd choose the 40 Kwh Zoe.

You obviously don't have a family of 5 :p

You obviously don't have a family of 5 :p

No 4, but the Ioniq wouldn't be that great for 5 either, though that depends on the age, needs etc.

I'd even class the Leaf a bit small , the boot is a pain.

Boot not important, we're well past the stage of buggies :)

3 kids in the back that would be the size of adults in about 5 years time (when I would probably still have the car) would be an issue. Particularly as they are already used to big, luxurious and comfortable cars. I guess we should all go for a test drive...

Boot not important, we're well past the stage of buggies :)

3 kids in the back that would be the size of adults in about 5 years time (when I would probably still have the car) would be an issue. Particularly as they are already used to big, luxurious and comfortable cars. I guess we should all go for a test drive...

I've a 2.5 and 11 month old, so the leaf Boot is tight, too tight. I want an estate EV.

We got an Icandy buggy/pram that we attach a buggy board to so we get away without having a separate buggy for the 2.5 year old. But the boot is really an awkward shape.

We take the diesel Estate for most of the longer trips. The extra boot space is a pleasure, not having to take something out to get at something else.

Unfortunately there doesn't look like there'll be a larger than a hatch, reasonably affordable EV until after 2020.

The boot in the Ioniq looks like it's a lot less awkward bit it looks shallow, the Leaf boot is deep.

You have a diesel car too? It will take you a lifetime of EV ownership to compensate for the evil you've caused with that cancermobile :p

You have a diesel car too? It will take you a lifetime of EV ownership to compensate for the evil you've caused with that cancermobile :p

Oh it will take me many life times to compensate for the evil of driving diesels. :D

The Diesel is my Partners car, a Kia Cee'd Estate. I rarely drive it and when I do I crack up, even though it has about 10 more HP it feels like it has half, by the time you press the throttle to the time you get power, change gears, clutch and all that Sh**e the leaf will have long left it behind.

I drove it today only because I couldn't be arsed to put the child seats in the Leaf..... and oh did I miss preheating or what !!! :D

The Diesel is my Partners car, a Kia Cee'd Estate.

That's about the worst of the worst. We have one of those in our road here too. It's sickening to think The Green Party forced these cancer cars upon us. The one thing ever they did when they were in power, in the government, and they decided to encourage diesel.

If you want your loved ones to die of cancer, vote the Green Party!

That's about the worst of the worst. We have one of those in our road here too. It's sickening to think The Green Party forced these cancer cars upon us. The one thing ever they did when they were in power, in the government, and they decided to encourage diesel.

If you want your loved ones to die of cancer, vote the Green Party!

In fairness to the Greens, they did what they felt was best at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Went for a short test drive in an Ioniq EV today.

Very impressed with it, smooth drive and good pick up from stationary.

Boot space is adequate but you won't get a set of golf clubs plus a trolley into it.

Discussed various finance options with the dealer who suggested HP is a better option than PCP in this instance. If I put down a 10k deposit now I will need to put down a 10k deposit in 3 years time if I want to keep the same monthly repayments - I don't really know all there is to know about PCP.

Cost of car is approx €30550 after grants, no vrt etc. A trade in of my own car would get €5k plus I would put down another €5k thus borrowing approx €20000 over 5yrs. This would have a HP rate of 5.9%, roughly €391 a month for 5yrs. Total cost of finance approx €23488.

Not sure of what option to go for. Maybe even import from Norn Iron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,640 ✭✭✭✭josip

who_ru wrote: »
    Went for a short test drive in an Ioniq EV today.

Very impressed with it, smooth drive and good pick up from stationary.

Boot space is adequate but you won't get a set of golf clubs plus a trolley into it.

Stick a set of winter 255s on it and it can double up as an electric golf buggy. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement