Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

The RRP on the Hyundai site, excluding delivery and tripe of €1000, is €31995 for the hybrid and €28495 for the EV. That rounds up to €32995 and €29495.

They'll only give €4000 scrappage for the EV, so you're looking at financing €25495.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Where is the SEAI grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'd imagine that's nett of the grant.

I was told last week that the EV was around €33k before the grant, which ties in with the €28k RRP price on their site.

That said, if it's €28k before the grant, it's a seriously cheap car. You'd be looking at €20k if you've scrapage.

More than likely, €24K inc scrappage. Around the same as the Leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,789 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Leaf is €20k cash (24kwh, incl. metallic and 6.6kw) on the road. Looks like it might be hard to get the Ioniq for a lot less than €24k cash incl. metallic on the road

• Advertisement

Referring to the 30Kw Leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

unkel wrote: »
    Leaf is €20k cash (24kwh, incl. metallic and 6.6kw) on the road. Looks like it might be hard to get the Ioniq for a lot less than €24k cash incl. metallic on the road
    20 months later and the 24kWh Leaf can be €10,000 collected from the UK.

20 months later and the 24kWh Leaf can be €10,000 collected from the UK.

It's 20 months now after the '15' UK plates came out (March 2015)

Can you show me a '15' plated Leaf for €10k or thereabouts?
    (without battery lease obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Water John wrote: »
    So the RRP is €35K. We can all do the other sums for ourselves.

Well usually the advertised RRP would be the price inclusive of the grant. If I saw a dealer with the ex-grant price advertised I'd immediately report the issue to Hyundai Ireland.

So at €29k it's around €2k cheaper than the equivalent 30kWh 6.6kW Leaf SVE, but it's a sedan, that's better equipped and with slightly more range.
    Where did you test this? I tested one in Westmeath today, and was told the price was €39k before grant, €34k after grant.

Tullamore, the sales guys were actually fairly enthusiastic about the EV Ioniq.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

cros13 wrote: »
    So at €29k it's around €2k cheaper than the equivalent 30kWh 6.6kW Leaf SVE, but it's a sedan, that's better equipped and with slightly more range.

Ioniq is a hatchback! You might call it a liftback (which is a special case of HB) - similarly to the likes of Mondeo, Superb, Octavia or the Prius...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

http://www.independent.ie/life/motoring/car-news/threeinone-as-hyundai-aim-ioniq-at-buyers-of-electric-leaf-prius-hybrid-and-2017-plugin-35217850.html

Snippet.... The electric IONIQ costs €28,495 (after rebates and grants)

He gives some figures on new EV sales this year.... looking like its down from last year and Hyundai expect to sell 300 Ioniq's next year!!

It's 20 months now after the '15' UK plates came out (March 2015)

Can you show me a '15' plated Leaf for €10k or thereabouts?
    (without battery lease obviously)
    *20 months backwards from now would leave you with a 2014 Leaf. Yes, there is one advertised on autotrader here. However, I just contacted the dealer and although the car has 6.6kW charging, someone has a deposit down on it.

It's £8799 which as of todays fx rate puts it as an asking price of €10,219.

I admit that the example I gave was toward the more optimal/optimistic end. However, such deals DO come up - if you're prepared to keep shopping, seek them out and negotiate as best you can with the seller.

[EDIT] Search links via autotrader don't seem to work. Its on the actual dealers website here => http://www.carshop.co.uk/used-car/LR14NHB?postcode=sw1a1aa&utm_campaign=visit-website-vdp&utm_medium=partner&utm_source=autotrader [/EDIT].
    *corrected below

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

20 months backwards from now would leave you with a 2014 Leaf.

Would it not be March 2015?

highdef wrote: »
    Would it not be March 2015?
    apologies - you're right of course...I stand corrected. Ok, extend my example out to 30 months then.

The point is that it's still a savage loss in value over a very short time. That example is an Acenta model with low mileage, metallic paint and 6.6 on-board charging. Does €20k get you into the entry level model in Ireland from new or the next model up?

32 months depreciation is completely different from 20 months tbh...

Most cars in the UK depreciate about 50% by the time they are 3 years old

32 months depreciation is completely different from 20 months tbh...

Most cars in the UK depreciate about 50% by the time they are 3 years old
    Which model was the €20k value based on?

You're quite right - there is massive depreciation on all cars in the first few years. I had thought it was greater on EV's - perhaps I'm wrong.

Either way, I wouldn't see value in buying a car within a couple of years from new. This of course is a subjective assessment and different for everyone.

I had thought it was greater on EV's - perhaps I'm wrong.

A lot of people who have bought or are considering buying EV are afraid of this and it would make sense as technological progress (in range mainly) is far quicker than with ICE cars

I haven't found an awful lot of proof that EV depreciate significantly more than ICE so far though...

Obviously the subsidies must explain most of the absence of this gap

Which model was the €20k value based on?

Base model Leaf, with metallic paint and 6.6kw charger. That's about the best on the road cash price you could get it for. Including all charges / discounts / negotiations.

Base model Leaf, with metallic paint and 6.6kw charger. That's about the best on the road cash price you could get it for. Including all charges / discounts / negotiations.

Ok, well the example I gave is for the Acenta - which is a significant step up from the base model Visia (there are 3 Leaf models - Visia, Acenta & Tekna in the UK - which correspond with XE, SV & SVE in Ireland (I think?) ).

Does that make the comparison €25,500 + Delivery charges/fees for the new Leaf SV vs. €10.5K for the 32 month old Acenta? (both with met. paint and 6.6kW charging)....or is there an element of discounting from those prices that Nissan Ireland advertise?

Big discounts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Ok, well the example I gave is for the Acenta - which is a significant step up from the base model Visia (there are 3 Leaf models - Visia, Acenta & Tekna in the UK - which correspond with XE, SV & SVE in Ireland (I think?) ).

Does that make the comparison €25,500 + Delivery charges/fees for the new Leaf SV vs. €10.5K for the 32 month old Acenta? (both with met. paint and 6.6kW charging)....or is there an element of discounting from those prices that Nissan Ireland advertise?

10,5K , sounds about right , thats close to my GMFV after 35 months on a new 6.6 30 kwh 2016 Leaf

Big discounts!
    Ok, great. So whats the best new deal on an Acenta (SV) with 6.6kW charging?

I don't know. I was only interested in the cheapest possible monies to bring home a new 5 seater EV. Same as I would only be interested in the entry level Ioniq.

I'm not really interested in extras / upgrades that depreciate by 50-60% within a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I'm not really interested in extras / upgrades that depreciate by 50-60% within a year...

The cold pack extension to the Leaf is the best value add-on Ive ever got at 300 euro, Im happy to loose 150 euros in the year !!!

Yes my OH is delighted with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

BoatMad wrote: »
    The cold pack extension to the Leaf is the best value add-on Ive ever got at 300 euro, Im happy to loose 150 euros in the year !!!

+1, cold pack is a smart investment. The seat heaters use 10 times less power than the cabin heater.

Seat heaters are a luxury on an ICE and an essential on an EV. I'd also consider app based remote services in the same way. If you are hooked up to a public charger you have the ability to pop into a cafe or whatever and still monitor your state of charge.

I would find it most difficult giving up pre heating, remote start of heat/ac.

A parking heater can cost up to 2K or more on an ICE car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Ok so, I've driven both the electric and hybrid version. Seriously considering going with the electric, I like the thought of going away from petrol and diesel altogether. With the grant and €4K scrappage though, I'm getting quotes of anything up to €4K in difference between different dealers.

When we go for finance, the amounts still work out pretty much the same, about €530 a month, which has me stumped.

Anyway I have a question that some on here may be able to answe for me. I drive about 110km a day in and out to work. Which would be the better option to go for, the hybrid or the electric?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Anyway I have a question that some on here may be able to answe for me. I drive about 110km a day in and out to work. Which would be the better option to go for, the hybrid or the electric?

Most definitely electric!

• Advertisement

What's the cheapest quote you got for the car on the road (and with which extras)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement