Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Someone post a car. Too much chit chat.
    I’ll club you to death if you track that m3.

I will take that under consideration :D

467112.jpg

467114.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

e077f3a5a1cb877e296c37e98ed28d67.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

LR4cSsa.jpg

Nothing worse than someone with a performance car who's afraid to drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

That's a stunning M3 Fitzgeme. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wondering if c+c is on today in limerick?

• Advertisement

Found it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Beer and Boats may be more appropriate today.

Considered going until I looked out the window.:(

Beer and Boats may be more appropriate today.

Considered going until I looked out the window.:(

Must have missed the beers! Left before the rain came for a sneaky go karting session in delta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

C&C Limerick is excellent, there were some fantastic cars there last month.

C&C Limerick is excellent, there were some fantastic cars there last month.

Enjoyed it today. Was some absolute amazing cars there including a $4 million dollar BMW. Incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Enjoyed it today. Was some absolute amazing cars there including a $4 million dollar BMW. Incredible.
    Must have missed the beers! Left before the rain came for a sneaky go karting session in delta.
    Wondering if c+c is on today in limerick?
    Someone post a car. Too much chit chat.

Now now, whats sauce for the goose....

This little beaut is for sale if anyone is interested, fully restored to stock, I want strong money but this is minty.

467381.jpg
    https://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/3-series/1992-bmw-3-series/16839966?notification=0c83052d58945175a082086246e1e88f-1543758243

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

There was a 507 there last month. Was it there again? It looked amazing, and the noise as it pulled away was just something else.

You might want to edit that pic out before the mods get in. AP Performance worked his magic on it, made 232.6bhp/352.5 ft lb after mapping, delighted with how it goes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭statto25

hooch-85 wrote: »
    You might want to edit that pic out before the mods get in. AP Performance worked his magic on it, made 232.6bhp/352.5 ft lb after mapping, delighted with how it goes now.

Could I ask you how much it cost you? I've a Leon Fr 184 so I would get the same gains as your GTD.

350. There's cheaper guys out there but for a proper map on a dyno, that's about the going rate

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

This is surprisingly brilliant

31250752917_46aec44b29_c.jpg

31250752577_fc7ebe3b86_c.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

What power/torque did the dyno read?

Ah I see. Up from what?

Ah I see. Up from what?

Supposedly 184 stock. It dynoed at 202. I don't know if it had been fettled with before or if it just put out a high reading. I've a mate with a 230 bhp GTI PP and his put out 246 stock so it's possible VW are under-quoting from the factory.

The tuner said he has regularly seen VAG cars with the CR engine put out over 190 on the dyno

Edit: See dyno graph below, before and after

2304ecb676b54996b7baa61a960f6b49.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I highly doubt they are under-quoting from the factory. Sounds more like the dyno is not reading correctly.

Lets say there was a road with a few places that had a dyno and you went from one to the other. I can guarantee you they would all read different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Dyno dynamics are always a bit optimistic but it's the curve shape that really matters not headline figures

I highly doubt they are under-quoting from the factory. Sounds more like the dyno is not reading correctly.

Lets say there was a road with a few places that had a dyno and you went from one to the other. I can guarantee you they would all read different.

You could be right but there are definitely GTi PPs putting out higher numbers than stock and for what it's worth my mates car was dynoed on the Stone Motorsport dyno.

Like I said it's possible my car had already had some sort of a reflash remap but after being custom tuned it's like a completely different car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The arl 1.9 tdi was another one. A good few of them used to make up on 170bhp standard.

OSI wrote: »
    They're pretty infamous for it. There's a nice big thread on a Focus ST forum somewhere bitching about it because STs dyno'd on the same day as GTI's were coming out with similar power when there was supposed to be 20bhp between then :pac:

Loads of articles out there of GTi's making well above standard power

https://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/03/dyno-run-vw-gti-underrated-report/?guccounter=1

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/stock-2015-golf-gti-dyno-test-shows-263-hp-proves-vw-underrates-their-cars-video-91971.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I stand corrected. Kinda weird though under stating the power for a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I stand corrected. Kinda weird though under stating the power for a car.

I't not so uncommon in the performance world, certainly all of the Japanese manufactures were at it during the 90's and smashing the "Gentleman's agreement" of a 280bhp cap.

Nice one Hooch. Well wear.

I highly doubt they are under-quoting from the factory.

It would seem odd alright but you often see their 0-60 times as slower than auto magazines etc test them at, stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I remember the Octavia Vrs's almost always put out more power than stated as standard.

.......... but sure the VRS is a serious weapon, unreal to go lad etc etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

vectra wrote: »
    I remember the Octavia Vrs's almost always put out more power than stated as standard.
    Augeo wrote: »
    .......... but sure the VRS is a serious weapon, unreal to go lad etc etc etc

Needs all that power to carry around such a big boot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement