Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

At least it's in its natural agri habitat. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Love the subtle message in the photo. I'm not saying it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Nice wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Thats a nice sticker on the back, wheres it from :P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Needs more draw-bar to complete the true agri look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Vicxas wrote: »
    Thats a nice sticker on the back, wheres it from :P :)

Porsche-Diesel-Junior-Walter-Rohrl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

468369.jpg

468370.jpg

468371.jpg

Finally got a chance to give the car a quick wash yesterday. Nice to have a black car again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Lovely VRS, that's the first facelift i've seen that looks well.

Roads are a joke at the minute. Washed mine on Friday for a mate's wedding and it was filthy by the time we got to the church. Almost pointless washing in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That’s the best looking VRS around. I’ll probably be shot for saying this but those wheels do not suit it one bit.

That’s the best looking VRS around. I’ll probably be shot for saying this but those wheels do not suit it one bit.

Was never a fan of them myself. Hate the piano black look they have when clean. I was nearly going to ask if a could swap the wheels from my Superb when I traded it in.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That Octavia is a lovely yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I think those wheels are some of the nicest wheels at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It does actually looks really well, I like it, but I agree on wheels. They just dont fit and look too big for the car. It almost make it look like some of those lifted american rapper mobiles with oversized rims.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I think those wheels are lovely, really suit the car being in black and everything! I hope it's a petrol :pac:!

I think those wheels are lovely, really suit the car being in black and everything! I hope it's a petrol :pac:!

It is indeed a petrol, the 245 version. I like the way it doesn't stand out too much compared with the diesel versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

My RS is finally here! Picking it up Saturday. Custom order as its not a colour you can get over here and it's manual.

468395.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Beautiful car best of luck with it! I've always wondered can you order custom things that you cant normally get here.

Can this also be done for car specs? As the specs on the UK version of a Mazda 6 are much better than the paddy spec we have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why not wait 2019 to register???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Well done on the colour... massive fan of that green. Really pops out from the crowd for a car like that. how long was the order time from the deposit being paid?

Why not wait 2019 to register???

I got an extra $1250 off on roads* and finance at cost so they can make Dec numbers. It'll make no difference in the end, being manual and green will have a far bigger impact. Year is much less of a thing over here in NZ too, December tends to be one of the busiest months...

* I can't even remember do you pay anything like that in Ireland?, but essentially: pre delivery inspection, wof(nct), registration, full tank, groom and that kind of thing.

It was ordered in August too and was touch and go whether it would make the boat it did, VAG system had it noted as potentially Feb

• Advertisement

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Well done on the colour... massive fan of that green. Really pops out from the crowd for a car like that. how long was the order time from the deposit being paid?

3rd week of August I paid iirc. The manual over here is indent only anyway and I'm sure the WLTP regs probably delayed it a bit. Bit of a panic order in the end as the week before VW deleted all their manual performance models for 2019 so I wasn't willing to risk waiting to 2019 to order it in case Skoda dropped the manual too. It was between the green and the matt grey, as soon as they confirmed they could do the green though it had to be that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I just recently bought an Octavia RS, mine is a black combo and it's been great so far. Green looks pretty good on that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I got an extra $1250 off on roads* and finance at cost so they can make Dec numbers. It'll make no difference in the end, being manual and green will have a far bigger impact. Year is much less of a thing over here in NZ too, December tends to be one of the busiest months...

* I can't even remember do you pay anything like that in Ireland?, but essentially: pre delivery inspection, wof(nct), registration, full tank, groom and that kind of thing.

It was ordered in August too and was touch and go whether it would make the boat it did, VAG system had it noted as potentially Feb

That's class there is a green one here in Limerick that I see quite often and it really stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

My RS is finally here! Picking it up Saturday. Custom order as its not a colour you can get over here and it's manual.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=468395&stc=1&d=1545105463

Great choice.
    Rallye green was my first choice when I was changing my white one back in 2012, but Couldn't see one in the flesh so ordered red instead.
    Often regretted not just buying the green though.
    Well wear with it.
    I queried a dragon green sportline superb recently and was told by the dealer that I would have to have it ordered by mid January to have it for August as it is a special order.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

hooch-85 wrote: »
    That's class there is a green one here in Limerick that I see quite often and it really stands out.

Used to see that around Shannon a lot last year, haven’t seen it in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Seen that green on the little Skodas (fabia/citigo) not an Octavia, hmmm, I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Muppet Man wrote: »

I'd never put yellow plates on green ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Really nice car fair play , great colour...I don't get those alloys at all on any of the models just don't in any way do it for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement