Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

My own, with a few others, at Cars and Coffee Limerick today:

Which one is yours? The Rangie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

His offspring, no?

His brother, Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Is c+c limerick first Sunday of every month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Which one is yours? The Rangie?

The E46, it's a manual 325 (although currently it's slightly broken:o).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Do you also have your horsepower figure stuck on the back with cheapie letters from Halfords?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

TrailerBob wrote: »
    Do you also have your horsepower figure stuck on the back with cheapie letters from Halfords?

Air conditioning, tdi and turbo all in red.....

Is c+c limerick first Sunday of every month?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I had my Range Rover in for a few days to get detailed and an interior and engine bay cleanup. Did excellent work and looks like new.

465740.png

465741.jpg

465742.jpg

465743.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

^^^

All the way to Australia for the work? Must have cost a bit :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

R.O.R wrote: »
    ^^^

All the way to Australia for the work? Must have cost a bit :-)

threw them through the aul europe filter there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I had my Range Rover in for a few days to get detailed and an interior and engine bay cleanup. Did excellent work and looks like new.

Did you get this done in Skerries? Just saw pictures of this go up on this companys Facebook page if i'm not mistaken? My Civic is going into him tomorrow to get an interior valet and a detar, wash and wax of the exterior

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

BDJW wrote: »
    Did you get this done in Skerries? Just saw pictures of this go up on this companys Facebook page if i'm not mistaken? My Civic is going into him tomorrow to get an interior valet and a detar, wash and wax of the exterior

Where is that if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Unbelievable selection of cars on show at every Limerick C&C - far better than Dublin.

Mostly down to JP McManus though? :p
    It’s his brother that’s the car collector.

There are often some very special cars there alright. I missed last Sunday and my dream car was there. A guy called Stavros does a video on most C&Cs Limerick. He had a few pics on his Instagram below
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp1IbHrgg3M
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BpytxHTgoJM
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp3-hRbAuMt

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

465798.jpg

Done a exterior detail this week including a coat of wax which gave a fantastic shine plus no swirls or scratches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

^^^ just thinking, how is he able to keep it on UK plates?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

^^^ just thinking, how is he able to keep it on UK plates?

He probably has an address in UK. That Porsche is a 608bhp 4.6 litre hybrid/electric with only 76g/co2 making it exempt from UK tax and 120 euro here.

It only has 370 miles as of last April so presumably it's trailered everywhere. Still taxed though but showing as not insured on the UK insurance database. Perhaps it's under a group insurance scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Bring back pop ups! :o

JivMBmC.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That gives me so much joy.

Always as a kid admired those pop ups.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Pop up lights and the hubcaps that looked like they were going backwards when driving.

• Advertisement

Pop up lights and the hubcaps that looked like they were going backwards when driving.

Don't forget..... Rust rust everywhere....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

It's like the wipers are as happy as us to see a pop up light!

Probably the most pointless clean I’ll ever give it, surely be dirty again by the time I drive it home. Stupid weather.

NtELGyn.png
    QRFBBzJ.png
    pw73RJT.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

One year in my possession, got her tax for her birthday and an NCT cert. Any one thinking of a ceramic coating...this car has not been washed in 4 weeks, it simply does not get dirty despite being driven on mucky roads, ceramic coating are the business.

https://i.imgur.com/xxW1Czo.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Y1njZlR.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/1s19l42.jpg

^what a car!

Roughly how much does ceramic coating cost? I’m sick of giving deep cleans twice a week. It would be great to give just a blast of the powerhose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

^what a car!

Roughly how much does ceramic coating cost? I’m sick of giving deep cleans twice a week. It would be great to give just a blast of the powerhose.

700-1000 typically for the basics, a lot depends on the amount of correction the paint needs prior to coating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

^what a car!

PM Foxhole Norman, he does that for a living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

^what a car!

Roughly how much does ceramic coating cost? I’m sick of giving deep cleans twice a week. It would be great to give just a blast of the power-hose.

When I had mine done the car was gone 3 days getting a full correction, thats the work of the job, applying the coating to contaminated or scratched paint does nothing.

As for cost about a grand, but I had the works done, mine was done by a place no longer doing detailing so cannot recommend somebody else.

Certainly cleaning is fairly easy, and almost a no touch proceedure, the wheel need a bit more attention but I am trying my best to touch the paint as little as possible.

The finish is quite matt, so you gloss hounds are better with a wax, but as a daily I would certainly have it done again. Seriously the car has been fairly clean all the time, its sort of self cleaning.

When I had mine done the car was gone 3 days getting a full correction, thats the work of the job, applying the coating to contaminated or scratched paint does nothing.

As for cost about a grand, but I had the works done, mine was done by a place no longer doing detailing so cannot recommend somebody else.

Certainly cleaning is fairly easy, and almost a no touch proceedure, the wheel need a bit more attention but I am trying my best to touch the paint as little as possible.

The finish is quite matt, so you gloss hounds are better with a wax, but as a daily I would certainly have it done again. Seriously the car has been fairly clean all the time, its sort of self cleaning.

I didn’t realize it was such a big job! In my own head I was thinking it would have been around 3/400 until you said it was a three day job. Won’t be getting it done this side of Christmas anyway! I can’t get to wax my one recently with the weather and my lack of access to a shed. Even when it’s clean it’s not “clean”. Shame.

• Advertisement

I got a ceramic coating put on my car about 17 months ago. The car still looks the part and the paintwork still beads when it rains. All it needs is a wash and the shine comes back. The only downside is the bonnet has a few chips on it, I wasn't expecting that but otherwise it still looks an awful lot fresher than any 15 year old car should look. Eventually it's gonna need to be topped up or re-coated or something but for now it's still doing the job just fine to my eyes at least.

I got mine done in the UK and it cost £500 (sterling), took them about three days to do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement