Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Quick edits needed there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Pretty sure I saw you on the main street in Cork on Sunday morning about 1130am. If it was you, some noise off her!

Cheers, would've been me alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Dutchie wrote: »
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1901/45490377812_97cf738306_c.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1938/45540777181_87482d249a_c.jpg

Apologies for the blatant narcissism, but I gave the old girl a wash and polish over the weekend (leaf in splitter was an optional extra!)

The best time to drive the car is at night, the cabin and the Burmeister sound system combine to create the best nightclub on 4 wheels!!

Thoroughly enjoying every minute driving the E.

Absolutely lovely machine fair play! - Big fan of the new E.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Uh oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Lovely :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Couple of leaves make for a good photo :pac:

Still waiting on insurance to decide who's at fault or if it'll be a 50/50 but either way, the car will probably be getting a full respray once it's sorted, too many other niggly little bits annoying me to just do the repair needed after the accident!

I think you should upload some photos of that car dirty, I want to know how far its allowed go before you go mad on it.

I think you should upload some photos of that car dirty, I want to know how far its allowed go before you go mad on it.

It actually gets quite bad these days as herself is from Clon and I'm regularly tipping down there and back from the city! I tend to get a lot of crap off with just our pre clean and power hose down in work which is what I do when I'm lazy and don't wash it :D It wasn't washed in weeks before the accident, maybe it was punishing me :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

It's actually bordering on annoying now how clean that 5 Series always looks!!

We deffo need to see some pictures of it dirty, just so we know that there is indeed some balance in the universe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Treated the car to a paint correction and winter protection detail, it'll probably stay clean for half an hour but should make maintenance much easier going forward. Work done by Taffs Valeting in Nenagh, would highly recommend his work and reasonably priced. 33798dd4fd9a71ad833fdf29cf6e1b5b.jpg183767e0a6390d9c4f028731c99b65d0.jpg753291c97a35e0b5d6189a65b897605a.jpgd6d54d82087d633db824d6a5aa3aeb41.jpgd8fca1485beae2f2d9658b5c3d0f9833.jpg45259e58bbae6a214904e84a10deff1d.jpg27398ab0d2660105d2650b638fe14638.jpg7aa3439661dc5927ff83e5c4064035fa.jpgSent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stunning colour but an absolute pain in the ass to correct right, ask me how I know :pac: Did you get a ceramic applied to it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Treated the car to a paint correction and winter protection detail, it'll probably stay clean for half an hour but should make maintenance much easier going forward. Work done by Taffs Valeting in Nenagh, would highly recommend his work and reasonably priced.

Impressive results. Can I ask what kind of money we're taking about? Asking for friend 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'm no fan of red but that Golf looks really stunning in red.

Looked well at cars and coffee limerick today..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ugh I keep forgetting that’s on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I knew I recognised that car from somewhere! There were some stunning cars there today. I'll put some photos up this evening. I was parked near one of my childhood heros, an Audi quattro although by the time I got to take a photo of my yoke, it was gone.

Thanks, you should have said hello. There was a great turn out today. That 918, wow.

Thanks, you should have said hello. There was a great turn out today. That 918, wow.

I just missed the 918 unfortunatley, I'll make sure to say hello next time.

The NSX was gorgeous as well. Only one of two in the country. I'll put up some photos later, I've a video of the 918 firing up, what a sound!

Stunning colour but an absolute pain in the ass to correct right, ask me how I know :pac: Did you get a ceramic applied to it?

Didn't go for a ceramic this time no, big bucks! But he put a good hard wearing wax on and as it's a solid colour said I should get months out of it. Surprised you said that he was delighted to see it wasn't black!

Didn't go for a ceramic this time no, big bucks! But he put a good hard wearing wax on and as it's a solid colour said I should get months out of it. Surprised you said that he was delighted to see it wasn't black!

I'd much rather see a metallic black than a flat red to be honest, to get a good clear finish on any flat colour is an absolute pain, you can get it looking fantastic to your average Joe but using the correct lights and the right eye can mean you spend hours and hours refining flat colours right :pac:

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm an average Joe but it looked great when he was finished to me, it did get a stage 1 machine polish and wasn't really bad to begin with so I was very happy with the results! I might go for a ceramic coating if I was getting it done again alright. Thinking of other priorities next though, remap, VWR springs and maybe new wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

How long did it take? Thinking about getting the Lexus done but don't know if there's anyone around Clare that does it.

Full day, I dropped the car Friday night, he started it at 7.30 Saturday morning and it was ready to collect at 3.30. Worth travelling up depending where you are in Clare, he works from his house and it's a very tidy set up he has there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

The results look top class anyway, definitely worth looking into further!

My E46, with a few others, at Cars and Coffee Limerick today:

Vz5DxVK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

New location again, Eastway?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    New location again, Eastway?

There's a doubt? :D

Colm is spot on, that's where it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Unbelievable selection of cars on show at every Limerick C&C - far better than Dublin.

Mostly down to JP McManus though? :p

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »

Mostly down to JP McManus though? :p

His offspring, no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement