Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Transfers.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

FHFC wrote: »
    Bench Mahrez, Payet or Alli?

None!!! I benched Yaya toure over them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Playing Alli. Mahrez first sub if he doesn't start. That'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Just done De Bruyne to Sanchez for -4. If Alli or anyone else didn't play tomorrow I was down to playing Daniels vs Arsenal. Benched Payet.

Mahrez Ozil Alli Sanchez
    Ighalo Aguero Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Just done De Bruyne to Sanchez for -4. If Alli or anyone else didn't play tomorrow I was down to playing Daniels vs Arsenal. Benched Payet.

Mahrez Ozil Alli Sanchez
    Ighalo Aguero Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

It's my dilemma too. I've Vardy so I should probably bench Mahrez but Alli gets most of his big scores away from home and this illness thing could give Chadli a start. I'm not a stats follower but I'd assume Alli's are similar both home and away if you take out the goals and assists. Is that a valid assumption? Anyone know what the Spurs supporters are thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

In the same boat. Currently have Mahrez on the bench, but thinking of playing all 3 and dropping Ighalo

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

As i look at the ireland rugby line up , how easier would fantasy life be with a team a day in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Benimar wrote: »
    In the same boat. Currently have Mahrez on the bench, but thinking of playing all 3 and dropping Ighalo

Thinking of dropping Ighaloo but I'm gonna take a huge punt and play Payet and Kouyate. Kouyate has been getting quite a few chances in his last few games and scored against Villa, so might be worth a gamble. Have had him in my team since gw 6 or 7 and I never once started him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

siblers wrote: »
    Thinking of dropping Ighaloo but I'm gonna take a huge punt and play Payet and Kouyate. Kouyate has been getting quite a few chances in his last few games and scored against Villa, so might be worth a gamble. Have had him in my team since gw 6 or 7 and I never once started him.

Dropped ighalo myself.... Brought in aguero and Valencia for lukaku and giroud....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote:
    Have already done Lukaku->Vardy

would it be worth a hit to sort out my defence: 1.8 ITB

Defence Currently: Hart-Hennessy Dier-Simpson--Collins-Wolly-Bennett

Before injuries I was thinking Dier to Cedric. Then I was thinking Wolly to Cedric.

Now with news that Wolly could be fit, and extra funds I'm probably looking at Bennett to Cedric.

Basically I really like Cedric. Would be holding him for the remainder of the season. Worth the -4?

Anyone have an opinion on if
    its worth taking the hit or not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

shineon23 wrote: »

Do you think Cedric will score 4 more points then Bennett this week and If he comes in will you start him this week? If you answer yes too both then go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Cedric in is definitely a good shout in general given Southampton's GW surety over the next few weeks. And with Southampton's form there's a reasonable chance he'd get you a clean sheet over, say, Bennett to clear the hit. But you're unlikely to do more than just break even, and he's not going anywhere value wise, so is it worth the risk? As good as Southampton have been, West Ham haven't failed to score since December 20.

I think you're about justified either way. I'd move Bennett out if you're doing it.

Gee, talk about on-the-fence advice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Nyom to Berty sound good? Could bank my transfer either. Have Cech, Bellerin, Toby, Dawson and Smith in defence

Cheers Necronomicon and MrMac84. Pulled the trigger on it. will get me out of hole this week to have 3 starting Df's with okay fixtures, for sure.
    richieffff wrote: »
    Nyom to Berty sound good? Could bank my transfer either. Have Cech, Bellerin, Toby, Dawson and Smith in defence

I really don't see the appeal of Bertrand over Cedric for the extra .5.

Cedric will always be playing RB and going forward on the wing.

If Southampton revert to a back 5, which has gotten them good results in last few weeks. Bertrand will be CB, which really lessens his attacking potential.

Bertrand is undoubtedly a better player, but can't see him majorly outscoring Cedric, especially if they go back to a back 5.

And if the back 5 returns, Matt Targett would be the best pick if he isn't dropped for an out and out midfielder such as Tadic, Ward-Prowse or even Shane Long moving back to let Pelle/Austin in the starting 11.

*with all my bigging up of Cedric on this thread I fully expect him to be a disaster, and I'd like to apologise in advance if anyone else buys him.

*with all my bigging up of Cedric on this thread I fully expect him to be a disaster, and I'd like to apologise in advance if anyone else buys him.

I just can't get over all those early subs earlier in the season, will probably bank and do the transfer next gw as my defence have decent fixtures , money isn't really a problem to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Play Moreno or sell him for a Southampton defender? Don't trust Pool at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Totally conflicted. Thinking of wildcarding. Need to kickstart my season and not convinced it's worth waiting for the potential chaos of Gameweek 30. These are the transfers I'm looking at -

DDG -> Forster
    McCarthy -> Elliot
    Wolly -> Huth
    Arnie -> Siggy
    Payet -> Firminho

Thinking Costa -> Rooney but could just as easily pick Vardy. Or go leftfield and pick someone like Afobe.

That leaves me with

Forster / Elliot
    Huth / Bellerin / Jags / Toby / Smith
    Ozil / Siggy / Firminho / Mahrez / Alli
    Aguero / Kane / Rooney

Or I could just hold on to the wildcard for another few weeks and do Arnie -> Siggy and maybe Payet -> Firminho for now.

Any opinions? I'm easily swayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Totally conflicted. Thinking of wildcarding. Need to kickstart my season and not convinced it's worth waiting for the potential chaos of Gameweek 30. These are the transfers I'm looking at -

DDG -> Forster
    McCarthy -> Elliot
    Wolly -> Huth
    Arnie -> Siggy
    Payet -> Firminho

Thinking Costa -> Rooney but could just as easily pick Vardy. Or go leftfield and pick someone like Afobe.

That leaves me with

Forster / Elliot
    Huth / Bellerin / Jags / Toby / Smith
    Ozil / Siggy / Firminho / Mahrez / Alli
    Aguero / Kane / Rooney

Or I could just hold on to the wildcard for another few weeks and do Arnie -> Siggy and maybe Payet -> Firminho for now.

Any opinions? I'm easily swayed.

richieffff wrote:
    I just can't get over all those early subs earlier in the season, will probably bank and do the transfer next gw as my defence have decent fixtures , money isn't really a problem to be honest

Fair enough but thats not really the case.

He got subbed off before 60 mins twice all season.

GW1 at half time. as he got booked and already got an assist.

and against leicester in minute 59. 20 more seconds and he would have went off with a clean sheet. they conceded 2 late on.

People got burned badly in Leicester game so that might live long in their memories.

Suppose money isnt a problem for many, but im tightening the purse strings for a DGW 15 to use bench boost with 3 premium strikers and sanchez and silva in MF.

Didn't realise it was only twice it happened, he's very tempting at that price so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Will Baines start lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »
    I'm at the Villa game tomorrow. Think I'll resist Aguero to Agbonlahor ;)

Sure what do I know

Advertisement