Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Replacing Lukaku and taken a punt..

Have 9.9 ITB... Who do I go for? (Not Vardy or Kane)

If you had 10.0 I'd suggest Rooney :D

Valencia?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

km79 wrote: »
    Getting tempted by Afobe.....can afford one drop on lukaku so will wait and see
    Be just like him to score Saturday now !

Yeah having a look at Afobe.. 3 in 3 games!

Was contemplating Rooney but seen his price.. Not taking a hit.

Backed Valencia FGS last night, like him but away to Southampton who are starting to look solid

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What makes people think Afobe can score consistently?

Kane & Rooney are at the top of my shopping list, I'll probably sheepishly go with Kane just to block a guy in my money league though!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

What makes people think Afobe can score consistently?

Kane & Rooney are at the top of my shopping list, I'll probably sheepishly go with Kane just to block a guy in my money league though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Of those two I think Austin has the better fixtures.

I'm shipping Lukaku and I'm looking at Vardy and Austin. Do we have any details on why he missed out last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lukaku to Vardy has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

dumped Rom for Valencia. Saints away is tough but I'm just gonna follow my gut and see where it gets me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

CSF wrote: »
    Lukaku to Vardy has happened.

Snap

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Something is drawing me towards Long. He has played 90 in last few ganes

Does Koeman play 2 up front because I'd expect Austin to be first choice.

I'm shipping Lukaku and I'm looking at Vardy and Austin. Do we have any details on why he missed out last night?

I did hear and can't remember exactly but my brain is tellingly me it wasn't serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Wolly\Lukaku to Cedric/Rooney done, will bring Vardy in after the Arsenal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Charlie Austin picked up a minor knock in training. Should be okay for the West Ham game on Saturday. #SaintsFC

I'm very tempted by him too. Will he play 90 though?

By the way. Payet has been a big fat FPL bust so far. I believe he's playing on the wing rather than in the hole where he got most of his big returns. Great fixtures though.

Are people holding?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm holding lukaku strong front 8 was going to bench mahrez so he will come in if lukaku doesn't play. Martin said it was a knee in the back nothing too serious should have an update by friday.

I'm holding lukaku strong front 8 was going to bench mahrez so he will come in if lukaku doesn't play. Martin said it was a knee in the back nothing too serious should have an update by friday.

Terrible form. Stoke, WBA then a blank. Only 0.3 to buy back for me. Very much considering getting rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

How likely is Lukaku to drop?

He was on -99 about an hour ago on Fpl stats.

Now is on -91.6

Are people actually transferring him in??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Lukaku out, I'm seriously tempted by Afobe. Stoke at home at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

lougal88 wrote: »
    How likely is Lukaku to drop?

He was on -99 about an hour ago on Fpl stats.

Now is on -91.6

Are people actually transferring him in??

The yellow flag increases the threshold for a drop.

FHFC wrote: »
    By the way. Payet has been a big fat FPL bust so far. I believe he's playing on the wing rather than in the hole where he got most of his big returns. Great fixtures though.

Are people holding?

All depends on the West Ham v Liverpool replay for me.

CSF wrote: »
    All depends on the West Ham v Liverpool replay for me.

Re GW30? Very likely WHU will have a blank anyway unless Leeds beat Watford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Are people holding?

On MOTD, the commentator said he was playing quite deep, didn't look like scoring or assisting bar his free-kick. It's a tough call really to keep him or get rid, especially with Southampton so tight in defense.

Re GW30? Very likely WHU will have a blank anyway unless Leeds beat Watford.

I know yeah, but Firmino having 2 blanks would still be worse, which I get would still be possible/likely but there's no other way to balance that situation until the results from the FA Cup come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Will probably do KDB to Sanchez tonight as he looks like rising. The delay will cost me 0.3m. Lukaku stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

vardy for lukaku,first time i have vardy this season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Are people holding?
    Many more pressing concerns (KDB, Lukaku, defense) than Payet so he stays.
    Terrible form. Stoke, WBA then a blank. Only 0.3 to buy back for me. Very much considering getting rid.
    Lukaku may well be my Sanchez enabler now :p.

Will have to dig a bit more into the FA Cup 5th round "expected" returns and prepare a masterplan for GW27-38.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Liverpool's next 2 fixtures are pretty tasty, they are just so damn unreliable. Might just bring in Firminho though and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll be selling him for gw 27. There is no point in bringing vardy in for him for me this week as it will mean benching mahrez. I also have evans and wolly injured. There is also a good chance he will play next week at home to wba and I'd want him for that.

I'll be selling him for gw 27. There is no point in bringing vardy in for him for me this week as it will mean benching mahrez. I also have evans and wolly injured. There is also a good chance he will play next week at home to wba and I'd want him for that.

Yeah I've defensive priorities too but have 2 fts. As iroced said need to have a good look at the fixtures and cup situation and figure out a masterplan to get me to GW30....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Despite a poor enough week (53 points) and taking a hit to get Firminio and Sanchez in, I'm fairly happy with my squad.

Lukaku has become problematic alright...I can get Kane in (leaving me with 0.1 ITB) or Vardy. Have Ighalo and Aguero already so half tempted to leave things as they are and play 3-5-2.

Edit - just did Lukaku to Kane, was an easy decision in the end looking at form and fixtures. Slightly uneasy only having 0.1 in the bank but it's not like I need to save it for a rainy day or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Are people holding?

Lanzini will be back soon so hopefully Payet will fill the pockets again when he's back. He's been unlucky not to get returns lately, especially with free kicks. I'm going to keep him anyways (got bigger problems in Lukaku [bring him in for the first time and lose 0.3M] and Deulofeu).

After GW24, I think I've lost a lot of interest. Nothing seems to be working; lots in my league have Barkley and he would have blanked had Lukaku not got injured - infuriating as hell. And I sold Kane for Lukaku which is even more bitter.

Advertisement