Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Banking it:

Or Dier->Cedric
    `

Injuries forcing a change of plan;

Wolly to Cedric

And possibly
    Lukaku to Vardy/Ighalo

• Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

how bad is the wolly injury?
    even if he is only back by 27 I'll probably keep him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Rooney in for lukaku, only concern I have is that it will make it difficult to get sanchez in if he hits form

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah I've defensive priorities too but have 2 fts. As iroced said need to have a good look at the fixtures and cup situation and figure out a masterplan to get me to GW30....

I looked at your team you are in much the same situation as me I've 2 transfers aswell. Would you actually start vardy if you brought him in. I'm holding off because I prefer lukaku next week and vardy could get injured or suspended for gw 27 when I actually need him.

km79 wrote:
    how bad is the wolly injury? even if he is only back by 27 I'll probably keep him

No idea how bad it is but I need another starting defender for the weekend. Cedric will be a season keeper.

Can always get a stoke DF in at a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

1 FT and 0.3 in the bank.

Butland Hennessey
    Bertrand Alderweireld Bellerin Daniels Evans
    De Bryune Alli Mahrez Payet Ozil
    Lukaku Aguero Ighalo

Thinking of doing Lukaku to Vardy this week. Then I will have enough to do De Bruyne to Sanchez next week.

At the moment, Daniels is the only fit player on my bench and if Alli doesn't play, I'll have to play 4 defenders. One of them being Daniels vs Arsenal.

I could take a -4 to bring Sanchez in for De Bruyne this week if needed. Any thoughts or any news about Alli?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

shineon23 wrote: »
    No idea how bad it is but I need another starting defender for the weekend. Cedric will be a season keeper.

Can always get a stoke DF in at a later date.

Is Cedric a cert to play? Would be great to save money over Fonte.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I have the exact money to do Ozil, Lukaku and Deulofeu >>> Sanchez, Afobe and Barkley for a 4 point hit.

Is it worth it or should I sit tight?

Ormus wrote: »
    I have the exact money to do Ozil, Lukaku and Deulofeu >>> Sanchez, Afobe and Barkley for a 4 point hit.

Is it worth it or should I sit tight?

I wouldn't bother with barkley he has no game in 2 gws.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Anyone thinking of getting Arnautovic in? Hasn't done much recently, but his next four fixtures are really good. Either him, Wijnaldum (one week punt), Siggy or a bench player in for Gerard Deulofeu I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I truly hate this game and am definitely retiring at the end of this season.

Thinking of a 4 hit with 0.4 banked for Willian and Lukaku, but no clue for whom. Looking at Valencia but already have Payet and would hate to put too much faith in West Ham. Firmino also but am reluctant there as Liverpool are Liverpool, plus the week off for the LC final will force my hand to make a transfer as have Aguero also.

If I do those 2 I will have 2.5 banked and can make way for Sanchez for Ozil next week.

Thoughts?

Is Cedric a cert to play? Would be great to save money over Fonte.

Yeah he's nailed on.
    Only games Cedric has missed in months have been through injury.

Cuco Martina is only other out and out RB in squad and not mich competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Need input on this lads
    Butland Lindegard
    Nyom Simpson Bellerin Dann Wollschied
    Sanchez Payet Yaya Ali Mahrez
    Kane Kun Ighalo

I've 2FT's and .1 ITB and wildcard

Need 2 keepers so Lindegard is gone and I'm looking at Fraser Forster. Need too free funds for him
    Wollschied been injured and Nyom been out of favour are worrying. Out of my front 8 I'm happy with all bar Yaya so don't mind moving him on.

All input appriciated lads!!

how fast is lukaku falling today???
    fpl statistics is blocked at work !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

km79 wrote: »
    how fast is lukaku falling today???
    fpl statistics is blocked at work !!!!

Looks like a cert to go down again tonight. I put a few more in for you just in case you had any of them.

bx7TjK4.jpg

The ones going up:

pgIP0zY.jpg

He's at -80 at the moment. He apparently needs 6497 transfers before he drops. Plenty of others ahead of him.

Edit: Looking above, I seem to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Aenaes wrote: »
    He's at -80 at the moment. He apparently needs 6497 transfers before he drops. Plenty of others ahead of him.

Edit: Looking above, I seem to be wrong.

It's hit and miss, he might make it but I doubt it. We are all starting to get a feel for this now. Last night when I checked him it looked like he'd be safe according to FFix but I just knew many more were feeling pi$$ed off just like me and he'd drop so I swapped him for Vardy. No surprises this morning when I checked.

My gut feeling is he'll drop like lead again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Doesn't Lukaku have quite a nice set of fixtures ahead of him? Why's everyone getting rid?

He has Stoke(A) and West Brom(H) then a blank week. He might miss the Stoke game and people are looking for cover for GW27.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Aenaes wrote: »
    He has Stoke(A) and West Brom(H) then a blank week. He might miss the Stoke game and people are looking for cover for GW27.

Oh right, which of Ighalo/afobe/vardy would people recommend getting in?
    Leicester have tough fixtures for the next two weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'll be selling him (Lukaku) for gw 27. There is no point in bringing vardy in for him for me this week as it will mean benching mahrez. I also have evans and wolly injured. There is also a good chance he will play next week at home to wba and I'd want him for that.
    Granted you have defensive priorities but this is not a comment like you. What I highlighted in bold is the ordinary exciting FPL life of the strong front 8 men. Game or not :p?
    I looked at your team you are in much the same situation as me I've 2 transfers aswell. Would you actually start vardy if you brought him in. I'm holding off because I prefer lukaku next week and vardy could get injured or suspended for gw 27 when I actually need him.
    Again because you have defensive priorities this week I can understand you waiting to bring him in but the potential injury/suspension can not be a real argument. Otherwise it means you can never make any planning ahead since you can say that for every single player guaranteed a game in GW27-30-35 and just wait for these GWs to happen to bring them in.

Now, re Vardy what's annoying me is Man City & Arsenal away next 2. After 4 weeks of nothing, he's back scoring in his last 3 games. But Leicester next 2 games are for the title. I mean, now, it's becoming real. If they lose none they're sure to stay at the top. If they win both they have a hand finger on the trophy.

It's not easy to find a good Lukaku replacement though. Only Liverpool have great fixtures before GW27 (but then they blank for this one). And the performing cheapies (Vardy, Ighalo) both have tough away games (less for Ighalo with Palace in GW26) !

Considering the guaranteed GW30 players, it leaves only Vardy snce I don't see any real threat in Saints, Stoke, Swansea/Bournemouth attacks.

iroced wrote: »

Considering the guaranteed GW30 players, it leaves only Vardy snce I don't see any real threat in Saints, Stoke, Swansea/Bournemouth attacks.

I briefly considered Martial because noone in their right mind would buy him. So he'd be a nice differential.

Thanks guys
    Lukaku down
    Vardy up
    No brainer now really as guy in second has vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lukaku out Vardy in. Keep it simple that's the aim of the game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Lukaku out Vardy in. Keep it simple that's the aim of the game :P

Keep it simple is out of the question now. If I want to win my league being over 100 points down, there's no alternative to do a Swansea double of Siggy and Paloschi :pac:

iroced wrote: »
    Granted you have defensive priorities but this is not a comment like you. What I highlighted in bold is the ordinary exciting FPL life of the strong front 8 men. Game or not :p?

Again because you have defensive priorities this week I can understand you waiting to bring him in but the potential injury/suspension can not be a real argument. Otherwise it means you can never make any planning ahead since you can say that for every single player guaranteed a game in GW27-30-35 and just wait for these GWs to happen to bring them in.

Now, re Vardy what's annoying me is Man City & Arsenal away next 2. After 4 weeks of nothing, he's back scoring in his last 3 games. But Leicester next 2 games are for the title. I mean, now, it's becoming real. If they lose none they're sure to stay at the top. If they win both they have a hand finger on the trophy.

It's not easy to find a good Lukaku replacement though. Only Liverpool have great fixtures before GW27 (but then they blank for this one). And the performing cheapies (Vardy, Ighalo) both have tough away games (less for Ighalo with Palace in GW26) !

I'd see mahrez and vardy's points potential as roughly the same the next two gws. My plan initially was to bench mahrez the next two gws. It doesn't make sense to me to bring in vardy now as I don't see him improving my points potential over the next 2 weeks. I play mahrez this week and bench lukaku. Next week I hope that lukaku is fit and I bench mahrez. The benefit of a strong front 8 is that you are comfortable with your weakest player coming in for you. If I had surman on my bench I'd sell lukaku. Again I don't see the point in taking the risk on bringing in a player early if I don't plan on using him for another 2 gws. It's not the same as bringing in players early for gw 30 as you will use them before that gw and with the amount of blanks you need to make that move. I'd imagine a lot are doing lukaku to vardy due to price changes we could be told tomorrow lukaku is fit.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Need input on this lads
    Butland Lindegard
    Nyom Simpson Bellerin Dann Wollschied
    Sanchez Payet Yaya Ali Mahrez
    Kane Kun Ighalo

I've 2FT's and .1 ITB and wildcard

Need 2 keepers so Lindegard is gone and I'm looking at Fraser Forster. Need too free funds for him
    Wollschied been injured and Nyom been out of favour are worrying. Out of my front 8 I'm happy with all bar Yaya so don't mind moving him on.

All input appriciated lads!!

I'm leaning towards Lindegard and Wolly out (Forster and maybe a west brom) as but land gives me stoke cover. Any other opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm leaning towards Lindegard and Wolly out (Forster and maybe a west brom) as but land gives me stoke cover. Any other opinions?

Nyom to Cedric and save other transfer?
    Doesn't resolve your GK concern but 2 FTs for gw27 makes sense imo.

ElTel wrote: »
    Nyom to Cedric and save other transfer?
    Doesn't resolve your GK concern but 2 FTs for gw27 makes sense imo.

Don't have the funds for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Don't have the funds for that

OK Mac. I'm finding it hard to give you feedback as I like the idea of rolling a transfer. Lindegaard and Dann to Hennessey and Southampton perhaps.

Advertisement