Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I want to do Lukaku > Costa in time for GW 26 when Chelsea are home to Newcastle, bur especially so I have 11 for GW 27.

I currently have the exact amount to do it.

In GW 25 Costa has Man U (H), Lukaku has Stoke (A).

I'm thinking to wait until after tonight's games and all going well, i.e. Costa not getting sent off, pull the trigger tonight.

It would leave me with a nice differential in my main money league, where the top teams are all starting to look very similar.

Worth doing tonight or should I wait until the week after?

I want to do Lukaku > Costa in time for GW 26 when Chelsea are home to Newcastle, bur especially so I have 11 for GW 27.

I'm thinking to wait until after tonight's games and all going well, i.e. Costa not getting sent off, pull the trigger tonight.

It would leave me with a nice differential in my main money league, where the top teams are all starting to look very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ozil --> Alli done.

Couldn't avoid him any longer.

Have FOrster sitting on my bench this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ozil --> Alli done.

Couldn't avoid him any longer.

Have FOrster sitting on my bench this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Have two transfers, Ozil and Barkley on the chopping block. Might take a punt on Hazard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote: »
    Then the only clubs with a guaranteed fixture in GW30 are Saints and Leicester?

Newcastle and Stoke also:

Stoke vs. Southampton
    Leicester vs. Newcastle

There is a third guaranteed fixture but we don't know who's in it yet - it'll either be Everton/Sunderland or Bournemouth/Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mectavba wrote: »

Chelsea are away to psg in the cl 3 days after that Newcastle game. They have nothing to play for in the league so I'd be very fearful of them resting key players against Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Two transfers done for a - 4 which were all planned for.

Just waiting on Harps CL draw now.

Chelsea are away to psg in the cl 3 days after that Newcastle game. They have nothing to play for in the league so I'd be very fearful of them resting key players against Newcastle.

Hmmm never thought of that!! Cheers. Might look at Rooney for a differential :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With wolly and Evans going off injured last night I'll be making atleast 1 if not 2 defensive transfers. I have 2 f.ts I was planning on a luxury 1 week punt on firmino as I'm going to the Liverpool game at the weekend but won't be able to do that now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭normanoffside

There is a third guaranteed fixture but we don't know who's in it yet - it'll either be Everton/Sunderland or Bournemouth/Swansea.

I'm going to gamble on Everton getting through and get in a Swansea MF. I think they are coming into good form. The question is, Siggy or Ayew?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I'm going to gamble on Everton getting through and get in a Swansea MF. I think they are coming into good form. The question is, Siggy or Ayew?

Siggy on form anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Stoke vs. Southampton
    Leicester vs. Newcastle

I might go De Gea to Forster so.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Stoke vs. Southampton
    Leicester vs. Newcastle

I might go De Gea to Forster so. Mahrez and Simpson are my only two from those four. I do have Lukaku and Daniels though so should have at least one more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Siggy on form anyway!

There's actually not a huge difference. In fact Ayew has 10-3-13-3 (29 total) in the last 4 while Siggy has 7-2-8-10 (27 total).

Plus Ayew is 0.2m cheaper....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Siggy is on set pieces though, think 2 of his goals game from pens. Be the main reason why I'd go for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

My defence has been killing me the last couple of months so I'm going to use both my transfers to try and get something out of it. Currently stands at

Butland, McCarthy
    Toby, Nyom, Smith, Ward, Moreno

1.5M ITB and happy enough with my front 8. I'm thinking Butland, Nyom > Forster, Cresswall.

Would anyone have any other suggestions? Should I be using the second transfer to bring in a team for one of the blank weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Xaniaj wrote: »
    My defence has been killing me the last couple of months so I'm going to use both my transfers to try and get something out of it. Currently stands at

Butland, McCarthy
    Toby, Nyom, Smith, Ward, Moreno

1.5M ITB and happy enough with my front 8. I'm thinking Butland, Nyom > Forster, Cresswall.

Would anyone have any other suggestions? Should I be using the second transfer to bring in a team for one of the blank weeks?

Have a read of the DGW planning thread.
    Was looking at Forster for Butland too but Stoke have games in GW27 and GW30 so have concluded that a saints defender should be brought in before the GK transfer. I got Reid in for this week in preparation for GW27 (0.8m cheaper than Cresswell) as I had too many players with blanks.
    A Leicester defender would work too but I'm just starting to repeat what's already been written.
    Oh and I'd roll over one of the FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking of Cedric in for Dawson, pulisball is failing me badly! Will need to get rid of Barkley with my 2nd FT but will wait until closer to weekend

Edit: might cut Nyom instead of Dawson either as I seen he's been dropped again tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

ElTel wrote: »
    Have a read of the DGW planning thread.
    Was looking at Forster for Butland too but Stoke have games in GW27 and GW30 so have concluded that a saints defender should be brought in before the GK transfer. I got Reid in for this week in preparation for GW27 (0.8m cheaper than Cresswell) as I had too many players with blanks.
    A Leicester defender would work too but I'm just starting to repeat what's already been written.
    Oh and I'd roll over one of the FTs.

Thanks, I must give a proper look at the double gameweek thread alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm so ill-prepared for possible blanks/DGWs and this season is such a mess I don't even care. :pac:

Was going to get rid of Lukaku, after this game anyway, so him being subbed doesn't effect my decision.

I looked at most upcoming fixtures yesterday and I came to the conclusion to give Giroud another chance.

Anybody else been analyzing fixtures with strikers in mind ? If yes, what conclusion was arrived at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Was going to get rid of Lukaku, after this game anyway, so him being subbed doesn't effect my decision.

I looked at most upcoming fixtures yesterday and I came to the conclusion to give Giroud another chance.

Anybody else been analyzing fixtures with strikers in mind ? If yes, what conclusion was arrived at ?

I'm looking towards gw30 and would like to get Austin but he's probably not guaranteed 90 yet. Otherwise Vardy but tough fixtures. Does it matter though with Leicester?

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm looking towards gw30 and would like to get Austin but he's probably not guaranteed 90 yet. Otherwise Vardy but tough fixtures. Does it matter though with Leicester?

Of those two I think Austin has the better fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I have Vardy. Perhaps Afobe as a Lukaku replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Right 2FTs so going with:
    Lukaku > Vardy
    Barkley > Ayew (Swansea) - almost went for Siggy instead, tough call.

A little mad perhaps :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Ok, Ross has just earned himself another week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Replacing Lukaku and taken a punt..

Have 9.9 ITB... Who do I go for? (Not Vardy or Kane)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Something is drawing me towards Long. He has played 90 in last few ganes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Replacing Lukaku and taken a punt..

Have 9.9 ITB... Who do I go for? (Not Vardy or Kane)

Getting tempted by Afobe.....can afford one drop on lukaku so will wait and see
    Be just like him to score Saturday now !

Advertisement