Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

There's a temptation to get rid of Lukaku now and go for a low-owned, under the radar, potentially explosive and approaching form forward. If such a player exists? :pac:

I keep coming back to Martial but that's because Rooney or Costa are too expensive if I want to get Sanchez in for Silva in 2GWs. Plus no money in the bank :o

Under 8.6 in value is therefore essential.

Otherwise I bench one of Lukaku/Payet/Arnie and get a defender in for Moreno this week that I won't play with one of my 2FTs ahead of GW27

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Martinez says lukaku's back is improved and should join in training today.
    I kept Lukaku because I felt a Saints def was "better" this week than Vardy. I'm annoyed he lost me £0.1m though.

What you said about team value in your previous post is OK but for us with a WC & BB left, money could prove important to field a (forget about strong front 8) strong 15 team.

Also, Lukaku's recent form is dire and if he's not 100% I feel he's useless. He's not technically skilled enough to be able to afford not being 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I made my transfer expecting Lukaku to be fit and having done a far bit of research into Austins fitness update and liklihood of starting. I don't need to make a defensive transfer this week and don't fancy Saints for a cs.

It's a risk but a calculated risk. Not primarily motivated by value. I reckoned my gut was set on the move and might as well save the 0.1.

I'm aware Austin could be fit but may not play 90. But Southampton have been struggling with chance conversion and Austin is the finisher they need, their fans are crying out for him to start. He also has history with West Ham having been linked and Sullivan insulting him. I fancy him for a goal. All speculative stuff but I'm nearly 300k behind some of you boys playing things nice and safe up there! :)

I could equally say I'm surprised at so many putting fixtures over form with Lukaku! ;)

There's a temptation to get rid of Lukaku now and go for a low-owned, under the radar, potentially explosive and approaching form forward. If such a player exists? :pac:

I keep coming back to Martial but that's because Rooney or Costa are too expensive if I want to get Sanchez in for Silva in 2GWs. Plus no money in the bank :o

Under 8.6 in value is therefore essential.

Otherwise I bench one of Lukaku/Payet/Arnie and get a defender in for Moreno this week that I won't play with one of my 2FTs ahead of GW27

.....join me.....

Actually maybe not. We've had a few spectacular flops.

Ah to hell with it. It'll be a laugh. Get Chaz. We can drink hot whiskies during MOTD. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Transfer banked. .2 loss on Lukaku hurts but hopefully he'll make up for it.

Was tempted by Afobe, but too much of a risk when you're not chasing. I'll stick a few quid on him to score first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    .....join me.....

Actually maybe not. We've had a few spectacular flops.

Ah to hell with it. It'll be a laugh. Get Chaz. We can drink hot whiskies during MOTD. ;)

Jovetic was the right move at the right time just the wrong result. I'm always right even when I'm wrong :cool:

Seriously though if I thought Austin was on penalties or fit enough I would. Ideally a week's extra information would be useful but that feels like a week of standing still.

I'll ponder it for the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Might bank it even with Lukaku a doubt and Evans definitely out. Don't fancy having Vardez the next couple fixtures and I miss my flexibility, sod the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Is lukakus form really that bad. He was very good against city and Chelsea had a poor game against Swansea and only played 45 min's against Newcastle.

Is lukakus form really that bad. He was very good against city and Chelsea had a poor game against Swansea and only played 45 min's against Newcastle.

I haven't watched much of them recently, but I'd think early WCers are better off keeping for more information anyway. Ideally for depleted GWs you field full XI and have a bench with mostly blanks in prep for DGW. Lukaku may have GW30 as well and a good one at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is Hennessy still first choice at palace lads

• Advertisement

Well it may not be that bad but he's not 100% fit and has a blank in 3 GWs time. So you only have him for GW26 home to WB. And again for me he's the kind of player who needs to be absolutely 100% fit to perform.

Personally, I felt I had more pressing concerns and didn't want to take a 4 pts hit just for the sake of a £0.1m net value. I have to hope Alli is fit though.

This year, I haven't really played the team value game bar a couple of times. I lost value on a lot of players (Payet, KDB, many defenders, now Lukaku) so I know I won't be able to make a super premium DGW BB team (if it becomes a real option) anyway so I'm just looking at reducing the losses to the maximum while focusing on getting the most fit & suitable players to my team.

All that said, patience has not been rewarding this year (Aguero & Sanchez form earlier, KDB & Lukaku injuries recently, unexpected 1-week wonders e.g. Daniels, Firmino)...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Well it may not be that bad but he's not 100% fit and has a blank in 3 GWs time. So you only have him for GW26 home to WB. And again for me he's the kind of player who needs to be absolutely 100% fit to perform.

Personally, I felt I had more pressing concerns and didn't want to take a 4 pts hit just for the sake of a £0.1m net value. I have to hope Alli is fit though.

This year, I haven't really played the team value game bar a couple of times. I lost value on a lot of players (Payet, KDB, many defenders, now Lukaku) so I know I won't be able to make a super premium DGW BB team (if it becomes a real option) anyway so I'm just looking at reducing the losses to the maximum while focusing on getting the most fit & suitable players to my team.

All that said, patience has not been rewarding this year (Aguero & Sanchez form earlier, KDB & Lukaku injuries recently, unexpected 1-week wonders e.g. Daniels, Firmino)...

I'm going to have a look at the effects of going for 15dgw players for wildcarders and non wildcarders later on. As in how it will affect you in gw 30 and 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

assuming wollscheid is fit ( and apparently he may be )
    I have 2 calls to make
    him at home to everton or darmian away to Chelsea
    willian home to united or payet away to saints
    current thinking is the 2 home players

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I settled on keeping Lukakau, but benching him.

Transfer Yaya>Firmino....2 week punt v Sunderland & Villa is just irresistible!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I settled on keeping Lukakau, but benching him.

Transfer Yaya>Firmino....2 week punt v Sunderland & Villa is just irresistible!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Brought Valencia in for Lukaku, hopefully a nice differential and leaves me nicely covered for GW27.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Lukaku to Rooney done before his two drops. The temptation to play my WC is still at me though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is Hennessy still first choice at palace lads

Thinking of getting him in as alternative too butland.any thoughts lads?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting him in as alternative too butland.any thoughts lads?

Wouldn't be the worst choice you could make, fixtures are pretty decent for the next 3 or 4 weeks!

Stats wise he ain't great. Big drop off in underlying stats. Only one shot on target in the last 4 (well, 3.5) games for example compared to 9 for Aguero and 11 or 12 for Kane.

Its far from being one of my safest moves given Lukaku's ownership even despite the firesale. But hey, everyone needs to go a bit Prodston once in a while!

Meanwhile "Charlie Austin in Saints squad for weekend. Late decision will be made on Steven Davis https://t.co/IwTfuEkn6M"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lights On wrote:
    Lukaku to Rooney done before his two drops. The temptation to play my WC is still at me though..

Did the same.

Not expecting much from Rooney this weekend in particular but hope it is the right move over the next 2-4 gws

Did the same.

Not expecting much from Rooney this weekend in particular but hope it is the right move over the next 2-4 gws

Yeah I'm not too hopeful about this weekend, though saying that Chelsea is the kind of game where his class would come out. But some very tasty fixtures coming after this weekend!

I'm going to have a look at the effects of going for 15dgw players for wildcarders and non wildcarders later on. As in how it will affect you in gw 30 and 35.
    Not 30. WC is planned in between GWs 30 & 34.

But GW35 could be a pb alright. What we need is no replays from GW30 FA Cup QFs such that we know the semis for GW31 preparation. WCers should be able to carry their FT in GW34 so could make 3 changes for just a 4 pts hit which I presume will be under the pts hit average for this GW.

Ideal scenario is PL sides making the FA Cup quarters face eachother in that round to reduce the GW35 blanks. Otherwise, we'd need the PL sides making it to the FA Cup semis to face eachother in GW35 but this latter condition is far from having a high potential to happen. Only 3 candidates: Bournemouth - Chelsea ; Spurs - WB ; WH - MU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Done Evans to Cedric with 1 FT.

Think I'll bank the other and go 3-5-2 if Lukaku isn't fit.

Tempted by Payet to Firmino with my other FT for a 2 week punt but it's probably a waste of a transfer as I'd need to get rid of him and Lukaku for GW 27. What do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If you were ever to bring in Firmino, it's prob for these 2 games. He will be my only player who won't be playing gw 27 so I'm gonna transfer him out before that gw. I think it's worth a punt, I brought him in especially for his next 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

siblers wrote: »
    If you were ever to bring in Firmino, it's prob for these 2 games. He will be my only player who won't be playing gw 27 so I'm gonna transfer him out before that gw. I think it's worth a punt, I brought him in especially for his next 2 games.

I think I'll sleep on it! It would be for Payet as I think I want to keep Arnie as he has some good fixtures coming up. Payet is away to Norwich next GW as well.

It's just whether Firmino will outscore Payet in the next 2 GW's and potentially by more than 4 points as I may need to -4 for GW27.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would people start Mahrez or Payet?

CSF wrote: »

Mahrez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Usernemises

WC activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

CSF wrote: »