Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just skimming through the thread.

Is it time to get rid of Barkley due to upcoming blank weeks?

The 2 pens last night where a bit of a freak considering Baines and Lukaku (and Mirellas) are usually ahead of him on peno duty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Lukaku to Austin done, gambling on him being fit and starting on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Was Targett dropped for Southampton again or was he injured does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

joe123 wrote: »
    Was Targett dropped for Southampton again or was he injured does anyone know?

They changed formation koeman didn't want to go with 3 at the back against arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Question to Liverpool fans, do ye reckon Firmino is guaranteed to start his next 2 league games? Sunderland at home and Villa away, so want to bring him in

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Question to Liverpool fans, do ye reckon Firmino is guaranteed to start his next 2 league games? Sunderland at home and Villa away, so want to bring him in

Ye nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I looked at your team you are in much the same situation as me I've 2 transfers aswell. Would you actually start vardy if you brought him in. I'm holding off because I prefer lukaku next week and vardy could get injured or suspended for gw 27 when I actually need him.

I'm probably not gonna go for Vardy. I'd bench Mahrez or Payet this week if Lukakuwas fit. The difference in my situation is my near 300k rank and a constant eye on a differential. Which is why Austin appeals. Niceenough fixtures and no blanks.
    Anyone thinking of getting Arnautovic in? Hasn't done much recently, but his next four fixtures are really good. Either him, Wijnaldum (one week punt), Siggy or a bench player in for Gerard Deulofeu I think.

Certainly on my radar but not till gw27. He's a great gw30 option with 3 home in 4 GW27-30. AVL, NEW, che, SOT

• Registered Users Posts: 48,175 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm probably not gonna go for Vardy. I'd bench Mahrez or Payet this week if Lukakuwas fit. The difference in my situation is my near 300k rank and a constant eye on a differential. Which is why Austin appeals. Niceenough fixtures and no blanks.

Certainly on my radar but not till gw27. He's a great gw30 option with 3 home in 4 GW27-30. AVL, NEW, che, SOT

VERY interesting indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I held Arnie when everyone sold due to hoping he'd get that double in GW 25 :pac:

Currently operating as my 5th mid due to his injury issues. I'll probably keep him. Have a hankering to rid myself of Payet so I'd better keep him and get his 2 goal salvo this weekend!

Huge lack of striker options . Won't be a popular opinion around here but ade is someone if my eye on for gw26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Looking at Arnie myself for that period. A good fixture in GW27 is very appealing in a GW when bench cover will be minimal, plus a guaranteed GW30 fixture. I have Wollscheid already so hoping his injury is minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Smith and kane in for moreno and Lukaku

Huge lack of striker options . Won't be a popular opinion around here but ade is someone if my eye on for gw26

Monitoring him all right. But Pardew has said he'll be on bench again this week.

The Italian lad Swansea signed looked good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Just for a bit of fun I'll go ahead with Paloschi for Ighalo. Might even captain him yet, but I think a Sanchez explosion is written in the stars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Remember Vardy scored twice against Arsenal earlier this season

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Kolarov and Lukaku out for Targett and Rooney - profit made

• Registered Users Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Delaney to VVD/Cedric/Fonte and Lukaku to Rooney/Afobe/Vardy is what I am thinking. I am only certain on a southampton defender. Lot's to decide on yet...

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Smith and kane in for moreno and Lukaku

Why did you get rid of Moreno? Home to Sunderland and away to Villa next 2 games, I'm tempted to bring him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

siblers wrote:
    Why did you get rid of Moreno? Home to Sunderland and away to Villa next 2 games, I'm tempted to bring him in.

Because he is a terrible defender liable to giveaway a peno or goal at any time

Lukaku to Austin done. May as well continue the calculated risks. Also with 7 fts from here to GW30 and only 1 definite player so far I want to have pretty much every player i bring in be a GW30 player.

I could bring in a Stoke or Southampton def with my other FT but I have Toby (WAT), Moreno (SUN) and Williams (CPL) to start this week who I'd probably play ahead of Stoke or Southampton defenders. So with no price change pressure on the defenders may bank the second one again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. I finally had a thorough look at this exciting season finale (see DGW planning thread ;)).

Realised again my huuuuuuge mistake last week for bringing in Boruc instead of Forster for Myhill in goals. Bloody forum crashing got me in a panic and did not realise how great Saints run is until the end. Not only there are the GWs27, 30 & 35 guaranteed games but also the fixtures in themselves. Probably the most favourable run of all PL teams.

Learned from previous seasons it's pointless to try fixing a previous mistake. Better to move on and adapt the situation to the current state of your team. So Hennessey / Boruc pairing will do for the time being and used Bellerin as my Sanchez enabler. KDB + Bellerin -> Sanchez + VVD. Vardy was tempting but my defense got me worried with everyone away. Also City & Arsenal away for leicester combined with the now real "title" pressure. Ideally I'd have ditched Souaré but don't have a great RV this year so had to make a choice. Arsenal are keeping CS but they're ahead of a tougher run (bar GW28) and a very likely GW30 blank.

Brought in Firminho for Silva, I'm well covered for GW 27 so not too bothered about bringing in a Liverpool player. I'll prob captain him too, Liverpool are in ****e form at the moment but hoping they'll turn it around at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Real life distracted me the last couple of days and I, frustratingly, let Lukaku drop twice. It scuppers my plan to bring in Costa.

Current team:

Lloris, Myhill

Sagna, Daniels, Targett, Evans, Delaney

Yaya, PAyet, Ozil, Mahrez, Alli

Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

1.8 itb

I want to shift Lukaku out, while Yaya and Evans will have to go soon too. I still have my wildcard, but don't feel my team needs that drastic a change.

Striking options seem strangely thin for the next few weeks. I could do Lukaku>Rooney, but am thinking of punting on Valencia. He has a very nice combination of form and fixtures at this moment in time.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Real life distracted me the last couple of days and I, frustratingly, let Lukaku drop twice. It scuppers my plan to bring in Costa.

Current team:

Lloris, Myhill

Sagna, Daniels, Targett, Evans, Delaney

Yaya, PAyet, Ozil, Mahrez, Alli

Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

1.8 itb

I want to shift Lukaku out, while Yaya and Evans will have to go soon too. I still have my wildcard, but don't feel my team needs that drastic a change.

Striking options seem strangely thin for the next few weeks. I could do Lukaku>Rooney, but am thinking of punting on Valencia. He has a very nice combination of form and fixtures at this moment in time.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lukaku to Austin done. May as well continue the calculated risks. Also with 7 fts from here to GW30 and only 1 definite player so far I want to have pretty much every player i bring in be a GW30 player.

I could bring in a Stoke or Southampton def with my other FT but I have Toby (WAT), Moreno (SUN) and Williams (CPL) to start this week who I'd probably play ahead of Stoke or Southampton defenders. So with no price change pressure on the defenders may bank the second one again.

That's my plan too. I'll be wild carding soon after so will fill my boots with some Saints players and then a couple from Swansea or whomever else makes that GW.

A big boost could be made that week from having six/seven players when others will struggle to field two or three.,

I already have Simpson, Mahrez and now Vardy. Plan next week would be Forster on for De Gea and I may go for a Saints mid like Mane as well.

Edit: I have Wanyama as well who I keep forgetting about. He's better than nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Decided to hold Lukaku.

Did Gylfi for Dimitri.

For the sake of .1 you could just have made that move today. The injury news could go either way. Lukaku could be fit and Austin injured or vice versa. I'm very surprised the amount of people still chasing team value with all the uncertainty overy fixtures. Every transfer between now and gw 30 is precious so I will be waiting as long as possible each week to have as much info available as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

For the sake of .1 you could just have made that move today. The injury news could go either way. Lukaku could be fit and Austin injured or vice versa. I'm very surprised the amount of people still chasing team value with all the uncertainty overy fixtures. Every transfer between now and gw 30 is precious so I will be waiting as long as possible each week to have as much info available as possible.

I wouldn't risk a striker slot on Austin just yet.

Pelle came on against Arsenal, and if both are fit, it could be a case of only one of them starting each week.

I'd love a punt on Austin but went for Vardy as he's more certain of 90 mins and with the blanks coming up.

I'll likely be doubling up on Southampton defence/GK rather than going for a MF/FW when there's blanks for other teams.

Martinez says lukaku's back is improved and should join in training today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Having a crappy couple of weeks. Gonna hold my transfer and bench Lukaku.

Advertisement