Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Mobile has it squawking 5424.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Mobile has it squawking 5424.

Was definitely Squaking 7700 a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Yes it was red and showing 7700 on flight radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭masit

2, looks like United 757's out of Cardiff went out over the Atlantic and turned back. How landing at Shannon. Also, the Air ambulance was out tonight. Caused a bit of panic in my local village. Landed on the football pitch and took of straight away and then flew around with no lights on. Must be training. I thought they only flew in day light hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

masit wrote: »
    2, looks like United 757's out of Cardiff went out over the Atlantic and turned back. How landing at Shannon.

It appears they were United Airlines but about 2 years ago were converted to freighters and now are operated by Fed Ex.
    N578UA now N791FD
    N579UA now N792FD
    Interesting one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Both had HF issues.

Foggy43 wrote: »
    It appears they were United Airlines but about 2 years ago were converted to freighters and now are operated by Fed Ex.
    N578UA now N791FD
    N579UA now N792FD
    Interesting one.

Think I need to look in to this a little deeper. Something doesn't quite add up here with the registrations.

Think I need to look in to this a little deeper. Something doesn't quite add up here with the registrations.

Okay!
    N579UA is now N791FD a B757
    N578UA needs a little more research. Seems to be a little conflict as to aircraft type. B757 or a B737.
    Both above are allegedly in the USA and not Shannon. May need some assistance from Dr. Watson to work this one out. I know Flightradar24 can get is wrong sometimes :D Never me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Okay!
    N579UA is now N791FD a B757
    N578UA needs a little more research. Seems to be a little conflict as to aircraft type. B757 or a B737.
    Both above are allegedly in the USA and not Shannon. May need some assistance from Dr. Watson to work this one out. I know Flightradar24 can get is wrong sometimes :D Never me :eek:
    According to Airliner World June 2015 N579UA was registered N792FD

Shannon757 wrote: »
    According to Airliner World June 2015 N579UA was registered N792FD

Yes. My error. I did quote that N579UA is now N792FD in an earlier post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Yes. My error. I did quote that N579UA is now N792FD in an earlier post.

Sorry, didn't check that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Two Flybe services diverted to Glasgow after circling in the hold at Edinburgh. Another Flybe has been circling in the hold into Edinburgh for about an hour now. Strange as everything else seems to be getting in and out of Edinburgh

Two Flybe services diverted to Glasgow after circling in the hold at Edinburgh. Another Flybe has been circling in the hold into Edinburgh for about an hour now. Strange as everything else seems to be getting in and out of Edinburgh

It's fog, IRVR's are below 300m which means it's either a CAT III approach or no approach. The Flybe aircraft/crew may not be able for a CAT III for many reasons, such as the crew are not certified for one, or the aircraft does not have the capability for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Thanks, now diverting to Glasgow where it is blue skies all round. The pilot should have decided to divert ages ago when the other 2 decided

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Thanks, now diverting to Glasgow where it is blue skies all round. The pilot should have decided to divert ages ago when the other 2 decided

Their operations may have told them to try wait as long as possible to try stop inconveniencing more pax etc etc

Why should they have diverted ages ago? Weather conditions can improve at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

billie1b wrote: »
    Their operations may have told them to try wait as long as possible to try stop inconveniencing more pax etc etc

I was just thinking that. While the captain has the ultimate discretion in where the aircraft lands, he would have been advised by Flybe Ops to hold out as long as possible, as to divert means moving passengers, having to later move the aircraft, and becomes more of a headache. Though in this case it has ended up having to divert anyway.

Worth noting that the RVR looks to have had gone above 300m about 5 minutes after they diverted.

FR9902 AGP-ORK gone around on RWY35 at Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

City jet 363 seems to have an ils issue......
    No issue......... I misheard!!!!!
    Oops

• Advertisement

FR6673 entering the hold at Knock at 28,000ft. Dense fog there this morning. 8am METAR reports the IRVR as 250m.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    FR6673 entering the hold at Knock at 28,000ft. Dense fog there this morning. 8am METAR reports the IRVR as 250m.

FR6673 (LPL-NOC) Diverting to Shannon after holding for over an hour.

FR805 (STN-NOC) just entering the hold at Knock at 30,000ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

JCX BXC wrote: »

Seems to be diverting to Shannon now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is there delays landing in Dublin due to fog? On EI146 and we're already a few hours delayed.

faceman wrote: »
    Is there delays landing in Dublin due to fog? On EI146 and we're already a few hours delayed.

Nope, no fog only at Knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

DUB is operating normally. London and Amsterdam have delays due to fog.

DUB is operating normally. London and Amsterdam have delays due to fog.

Fog cleared at AMS, just knock on delays now.

Paris has delays also due to fog, and a few flights were diverted from KRK (Krakow) this morning.

Knock back operating again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

There are serious delays in the south of England with fog, most arrivals into gatwick have a 3 hour delay, this may impact airlines operations later in the day, but DUB itself is clear of fog

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I see there are 5-6 cancelled flight between LGW and Ireland at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to see rescue flights later on today, maybe EI may use an A330 if they have one available

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement