Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭eastmayo

How long more will city jet be testing the superjet....seems to be on going since last summer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

eastmayo wrote: »
    How long more will city jet be testing  the superjet....seems to be on going  since  last summer.

Well with the start of the summer schedule, the superjets will go into service, at least 1 being used to provide additional summer capacity to EI and and 2 possibly 3 going to Brussels Airlines. They will also be used for charter flights over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'd say the training won't stop for the foreseeable future, they've several superjets ordered, and from what I last heard they've 3 of them currently, so as more keep arriving I'd say more crews will have to be trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

U.S Navy C130(16-5161) currently over Wexford inbound Shannon .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

BE385 Southampton to Dublin currently squawking 7700

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Down to FL 120
    Don't think he's heading to DUB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭IQO

ZVWZdwZ.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I'd say the training won't stop for the foreseeable future, they've several superjets ordered, and from what I last heard they've 3 of them currently, so as more keep arriving I'd say more crews will have to be trained.

Supposedly they're having problems with pilots wanting to be type rated on them. A lot are refusing so CityJet are making it compulsory. So far 4 CPT's have left to another company.

*don't shoot the messenger, i'm only saying what i've been told by a few pilots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

billie1b wrote: »
    Supposedly they're having problems with pilots wanting to be type rated on them. A lot are refusing so CityJet are making it compulsory. So far 4 CPT's have left to another company.

*don't shoot the messenger, i'm only saying what i've been told by a few pilots.

Yikes. I wonder why the hesitance in wanting to be type rated on them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Yikes. I wonder why the hesitance in wanting to be type rated on them
    Wow, thats interesting, I wonder what thats about ? The do seem to be doing an awful lot of training flights, its everyday now, it must be costing them an absolute fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Locker10a wrote: »
    Wow, thats interesting, I wonder what thats about ? The do seem to be doing an awful lot of training flights, its everyday now, it must be costing them an absolute fortune

Seems to be two doing test flight from Shannon at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

...and they still can't use them where they really want, which is LCY.

Cityjet don't have a whole load of routes that don't to to/from LCY.

Airports are so quiet this time of year.

Knock airport had one scheduled service today, Ryanair to Stansted.

Shannon has only 7 departures tomorrow until 7pm.

Derry Airport didn't actually have any flights today whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Airports are so quiet this time of year.

Knock airport had one scheduled service today, Ryanair to Stansted.

Shannon has only 7 departures tomorrow until 7pm.

Derry Airport didn't actually have any flights today whatsoever.

Two cargo flights just took off from Shannon

md323 wrote: »
    Two cargo flights just took off from Shannon

I'm talking more about scheduled passenger flights, I'm sure Shannon had quite a few more movements eg. Cargo, military, training, maintenance, at .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Engine shutdown due to low oil pressure

http://avherald.com/h?article=4a3f2d51&opt=0

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice strong southerly wind forecast for all our main airports tomorrow (later veering south easterly). Dublin showing 180 degrees at 17 knots gusting up to 30 knots for the afternoon.

Switched to RWY16 at DUB now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Back to 28 unfortunately.

EI609 and EI169 going around on RWY28, tailwind out of limits. Switching to RWY16 now.

You'd wonder why they switched back to 28 at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Air corps doing a transfer into beaumont by the looks of it.

29dfxqx.png

EI609 and EI169 going around on RWY28, tailwind out of limits. Switching to RWY16 now.

You'd wonder why they switched back to 28 at all?
    jimbis wrote: »
    Air corps doing a transfer into beaumont by the looks of it.
    29dfxqx.png

I got the train home from the city centre earlier and the saw the chopper fly over and circle Beaumont hospital before returning to Casement. I suspect this was a training flight.

After alighting from the train in Donabate I also saw that go around pass over head. Looked impressive :) Aircraft can land on 28 with a tailwind component of up to 10knots. The wind is gusting well in excess of that now so there must've been a good reason to switch to 28 late afternoon.

After alighting from the train in Donabate I also saw that go around pass over head. Looked impressive :) Aircraft can land on 28 with a tailwind component of up to 10knots. The wind is gusting well in excess of that now so there must've been a good reason to switch to 28 late afternoon.

I am aware, but they had switched to RWY16 about 1pm, back to 28 at around 3:30, and then back to 16 after 5:30, my question was why did they switch back to RWY28 at all? The wind wasn't forecast to become any more favourable.

I am aware, but they had switched to RWY16 about 1pm, back to 28 at around 3:30, and then back to 16 after 5:30, my question was why did they switch back to RWY28 at all? The wind wasn't forecast to become any more favourable.

No idea I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Weather is not the exclusive reason for switching runways, FOD, maintenance etc. 57UgIjv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

If the gusts go below 15kts they will generally switch back to RWY10/28 as its more favourable to allow more arrivals/departures, RWY16/34 has a tendency to slow things way down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Weather is not the exclusive reason for switching runways, FOD, maintenance etc. 57UgIjv.jpg

L1011?

• Advertisement

If the gusts go below 15kts they will generally switch back to RWY10/28 as its more favourable to allow more arrivals/departures, RWY16/34 has a tendency to slow things way down

Which I would generally understand, it's just the wind didn't actually drop below 15knots for very long (not according to METAR) and it is a very quiet time of the year, Shannon had only 7 scheduled arrivals today, Knock only had 1 yesterday! Dublin seems very quiet too! No arrival queues at least for the past whilem

It is well possible that RWY16 had to close temporarily of course, or that maybe a few heavies requested RWY28 and they switched while the wind was favourable? (I've seen that happen before)

It's interesting though, I suppose it is quite easy to look at these things after and judge, you don't know what's going to happen until it happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement