Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal parking in city

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It’s probably it the widest footpath in the county I’m sure they can easily walk around the cars.
    Ah, the Fr. Fintan Stack approach to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Motorbike spaces at the end of South Mall are regularly taking over by cars some of which are sticking right out into the driving lane. Yet to see any of them get a ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Funny, just recently I came across some pics on facebook, OP posted these in january/february.

49732745-10210045207765401-7155659009716912128-n.jpg

49947356-10210045202765276-4428349919148900352-n.jpg

50103931-10210045197365141-8127992399545761792-n.jpg

51087957-10210143390299903-1593182087970553856-n.jpg

51251516-10210143388499858-4972171312299507712-n.jpg

51322646-10210143387819841-8693266299641397248-n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Mardyke wrote: »
    We're talking about Sunday afternoon. Probably one of the busiest days in the city. And I'd guess a day when kids might be in town. And you have ignorant pricks driving on footpaths....??

How many kids were knocked down with on-footpath parking?

I don't like ppl parking on footpaths, but the "think of the children" trope gets trotted out far too often as a reason for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

How many kids were knocked down with on-footpath parking?

I don't like ppl parking on footpaths, but the "think of the children" trope gets trotted out far too often as a reason for everything.

What a crock!

Adults generally can see danger, such as a car mounting a footpath. Kids not so much.

I have to laugh at your "I don't like people parking on footpaths" line! Whether you like it or not, it's illegal and the height of ignorance.

• Advertisement

What a crock!

Adults generally can see danger, such as a car mounting a footpath. Kids not so much.

I have to laugh at your "I don't like people parking on footpaths" line! Whether you like it or not, it's illegal and the height of ignorance.

You never answered my question, how many?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

You never answered my question, how many?

Stop digging, you have embarrassed yourself enough.

Stop digging, you have embarrassed yourself enough.

Lol, you and your non existent massacre of kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Lol, you and your non existent massacre of kids.

Oh for goodness sake. Yeah, pure Lols. Everyone’s life is a real barrel of fecking laughs isn’t it. Hardy harr harr.

Parking on footpaths is a complete dose. Ever tried getting a double buggy around a car on a footpath, even when they have one wheel up, narrowing it? or manovering past with a wheelchair, or a child learning to get around in a wheelchair? Ignorant so-and-so’s do it, because they are blatantly oblivious to anyone else who may be using a footpath except themselves. It is the height of selfishness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

pwurple wrote: »
    Oh for goodness sake. Yeah, pure Lols. Everyone’s life is a real barrel of fecking laughs isn’t it. Hardy harr harr.

Parking on footpaths is a complete dose. Ever tried getting a double buggy around a car on a footpath, even when they have one wheel up, narrowing it? or manovering past with a wheelchair, or a child learning to get around in a wheelchair? Ignorant so-and-so’s do it, because they are blatantly oblivious to anyone else who may be using a footpath except themselves. It is the height of selfishness.

He’s laughing at someone with the OTT reaction as if it were a massacre out there.
    No one stating it isn’t ignorant to park selfishly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

Diabhalta wrote: »
    Funny, just recently I came across some pics on facebook, OP posted these in january/february.

49732745-10210045207765401-7155659009716912128-n.jpg

49947356-10210045202765276-4428349919148900352-n.jpg

50103931-10210045197365141-8127992399545761792-n.jpg

51087957-10210143390299903-1593182087970553856-n.jpg

51251516-10210143388499858-4972171312299507712-n.jpg

51322646-10210143387819841-8693266299641397248-n.jpg

Not the first time cars were parked on that particular footpath there either!

On the way to town today, yes they are actually parked in the bus lane believe it or not. Weird.

Parked-Cun-ts.jpg

The van is too long, won't fit in front of the other van.

Parked-Cun-ts06.jpg

it's alright, I'll leave it here. People can either squeeze in or walk on the road. No bother.

Parked-Cun-ts07.jpg

This guy just created his own parking space

Parked-Cun-ts02.jpg

I didn't bother this time but I'll use on the next cnut.

Stop-You-Cun-t.jpg

footpath, double yellow line? Where?

Parked-Cun-ts01.jpg

Nice one, can't see over the van if there's a car coming down the hill. Emergency? I don't think so.

Parked-Cun-ts03.jpg

Will I go right here? Of course I will, rules are not important in Irelandistan. Last winter I saw a Garda car turning right here, so I can turn right too... :)

Left-Right.jpg

anyone interested in the stickers, you can get them here:

https://www.obscenitycards.com/stop-parking-like-a-****-stickers

edit: replace the 4 stars with the right word. you know which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

The first pic happens there every day at school finish time often seen 20 or more parking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Irelandistan.

What???:confused:

I would really love to hear your reasons for using the above word to describe Ireland.
    I know that you rarely respond to direct questions but please explain this one.
    It should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

anyone interested in the stickers, you can get them here:

https://www.obscenitycards.com/stop-parking-like-a-****-stickers

edit: replace the 4 stars with the right word. you know which one.

I have a feeling your stickers are pointing the wrong way?

Or are you putting them on the wing mirrors?

I would really love to hear your reasons for using the above word to describe Ireland.
    I know that you rarely respond to direct questions but please explain this one.
    It should be good.

I answer questions when I feel like answering them. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Sometimes I'm away for few days and then I'm just like meh whatever... :P

There are few reasons. It's the "sure will be grand" attitude that isn't really helping when you are in charge of the local authority or even government (making them extremely unefficient and useless). That's not how a fully developed western society should work (it's similar in the southern states like Portugal/Spain/Italy/Greece, but over there it's the hot summer weather causing this I think.. if it's warm and hot for 6 months in a year you can't be bothered to do much...).

Look at the roads for example. The condition of them and the quality of repairs resembles a third world country. That's kinda obvious I think. The difference is that there are relatively a lot of new cars over here. Eastern european countries that experience harsh winters have better roads than Ireland. And the road tax is even lower than here (it's in the fuel price, you pay only when you drive... unlike here, where they are milking you as much as they can..). Also the traffic volume is much higher there. People are still moaning about the roads over there but they have no idea how good they have it when it comes to roads...

If you go to a hospital (emergency) and you have to wait 4-5 hours for a doctor then something is seriously wrong. Go to eastern europe and visit a hospital. No such thing as people on trolleys, everyone is in the room. You get an absolutely top class treatment in compare to Ireland. Everyone contributes monthly to the fund from their wages and all this luxury is paid from this fund (usually 20-40 euro per month). You don't pay anything no matter how serious your ilness is or what kind of surgery you need (there might be exceptions I don't know how it works in detail but there are ways to solve any trouble you have with your health. Because fk the money, health is the most important thing everyone has). The government will take care of you, it's their duty. A woman in Kerry is waiting for 3 years for a hip replacement. Over in the eastern europe it's 3 months max. Not bad huh? People travel to Belfast for cataract surgery. Why? Because healthcare in Ireland is rubbish.

And there's plenty of more examples why is Ireland behind. This thread for example, cars scattered on footpaths, parked in the bus lanes etc. Plenty of people would lose a lot of money and even their licences if they would drive their cars like this in other European countries.
    I have a feeling your stickers are pointing the wrong way?

Or are you putting them on the wing mirrors?

In the middle of the windscreen on the driver's side is the best spot. Can't drive the car then. And removing them takes a while because it's a regular paper that tears apart when you try to remove it.

this for example. This is how a poor third world country would repair a busted drain cover. If you're broke AF then you have no other choice really. But a repair like this in Western Europe? Really? The whole thing should be replaced. No discussion.

Dopes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Diabhalta, so, to sum up ;

We should have improved services AND pay less tax.
    Perhaps you should run for government, pulling that off would make you extremely popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Was on MacCurtain street yesterday. They have temporary "No parking in this Lane" signs on the footpath adjacent to the left hand lane. Some tosser still parked there 3/4 of the way down the street meaning that all of the traffic in that lane had to merge into the other lane to get around them. I'd be happy to see summary dumping of the car into the Lee for that sort of selfish carry-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭RINO87

Was on MacCurtain street yesterday. They have temporary "No parking in this Lane" signs on the footpath adjacent to the left hand lane. Some tosser still parked there 3/4 of the way down the street meaning that all of the traffic in that lane had to merge into the other lane to get around them. I'd be happy to see summary dumping of the car into the Lee for that sort of selfish carry-on.

but they probably had their hazards on so its ok, shur they were only running in for a minute and shur theres no parking in town anyway, where else where they supposed to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

RINO87 wrote: »
    but they probably had their hazards on so its ok, shur they were only running in for a minute and shur theres no parking in town anyway, where else where they supposed to go?

Yep, everyone knows hazards means it's fine.
    They'll only be a minute.

This is common quite often in Ballinlough... Lack of parking outside Silver Key bar... well, the cycle lane will do, nobody cares anyway..

Dopes03.jpg

I don't know what is this dope up to really..

Dope01.jpg

no plate who cares..

Dealz-Dope.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Parking on double yellows seems to be OK by some people too.

Every day, I have to go through Gould St. It's practically impossible to pass and very difficult to see when emerging from the business centre there. Cars are parked both sides of the road, including the double yellows. You have to inch out, and hope to God, no car is coming! I suppose, because you live there, you're entitled to park there - yellow lines or not...

Selfish, ignorant and self-entitled parking at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

bike.jpg

Great parking

I don't see a point.. when the school is finished the place is full of cars, so what's the point of spending money on new lines? Dopes.

20190455-66.jpg

20190455-666.jpg

Parking on double yellows seems to be OK by some people too.

Every day, I have to go through Gould St. It's practically impossible to pass and very difficult to see when emerging from the business centre there. Cars are parked both sides of the road, including the double yellows. You have to inch out, and hope to God, no car is coming! I suppose, because you live there, you're entitled to park there - yellow lines or not...

Selfish, ignorant and self-entitled parking at its best.

Gould street... hm....

ass-hole.jpg

Gould street... hm....

ass-hole.jpg

What time of the day was this taken? Afternoon perhaps?? So what exactly are you trying to say - that I'm making this **** up?

I come out of there in the mornings and evenings. THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Gould street... hm....

ass-hole.jpg

What time of the day was this taken? Afternoon perhaps?? So what exactly are you trying to say - that I'm making this **** up?

I come out of there in the mornings and evenings. THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!:mad::mad::mad:

ETA: Diabhalta is trying to pick an argument. Probably because they have nothing better to do with their time, judging from the time the photo was taken. He was probably still in bed when I go through, bless. Some of us have better things to do with our time...

Advertisement