Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Busts you are a forum treasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Busts you are a forum treasure.

And all done in biro on the back of a fag packet and a Daily Mirror fixtures pull out...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Back on the Vardez train so

So so many games relying on both teams to be knocked out to go ahead.

Gonna be skinny weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

Back on the Vardez train so

So so many games relying on both teams to be knocked out to go ahead.

Gonna be skinny weeks

yeah I think vardy will be back in soon for lukaku for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Is GW27 going to lose anymore teams than Liverpool, City, Everton and Newcastle? Is it possible?

• Advertisement

Is GW27 going to lose anymore teams than Liverpool, City, Everton and Newcastle? Is it possible?

No. The only teams missing are the League Cup finalists and their opponents.

FHFC wrote: »
    No. The only teams missing are the League Cup finalists and their opponents.

And is it possible that there will be a double GW before GW30?

So Kevin De Bruyne is obviously being transferred out ASAP. If there isnt a DGW before GW30 then I'm going to be focusing my next few weeks on eliminating Liverpool and Everton players so I will have eleven for GW27.. Moreno, Barkley goodbye. Holding on to Firmino, Lukaku (depending on Vardy's form as he has no blanks GWs left, may get him) and Aguero.

After this I will make do with what I have til GW32 - GW33 and then play the wildcard for the double game-week in GW34 (bench boost) and keeping in mind that GW35 is going to have 3-4 blank games due to FA Cup semi finals.

Am I missing anything in my plan guys? Please help

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

And is it possible that there will be a double GW before GW30?

So Kevin De Bruyne is obviously being transferred out ASAP. If there isnt a DGW before GW30 then I'm going to be focusing my next few weeks on eliminating Liverpool and Everton players so I will have eleven for GW27.. Moreno, Barkley goodbye. Holding on to Firmino, Lukaku (depending on Vardy's form as he has no blanks GWs left, may get him) and Aguero.

After this I will make do with what I have til GW32 - GW33 and then play the wildcard for the double game-week in GW34 (bench boost) and keeping in mind that GW35 is going to have 3-4 blank games due to FA Cup semi finals.

Am I missing anything in my plan guys? Please help

Ye that's the general plan. There won't be a double between gw 27 and gw 30 and some combo of Liverpool City and everton should have 2 blanks in 4 gws.

Ye that's the general plan. There won't be a double between gw 27 and gw 30 and some combo of Liverpool City and everton should have 2 blanks in 4 gws.

Also, when is it advised to treble captain Aguero? Leaving GW34 for bench boost, and City have Chelsea away that week anyway so probably dont want to be relying on a goal at Stamford Bridge

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Also, when is it advised to treble captain Aguero? Leaving GW34 for bench boost, and City have Chelsea away that week anyway so probably dont want to be relying on a goal at Stamford Bridge

The same Stamford Bridge where they've conceded 7 in their last 3 home games?

And 2 cleans sheets all season at home?

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    The same Stamford Bridge where they've conceded 7 in their last 3 home games?

Yeah, this is going to be in ten weeks time, im guessing Chelsea will be better at the back

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yeah, this is going to be in ten weeks time, im guessing Chelsea will be better at the back

I doubt it, haven't been reliable in defence all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

So it doesn't look like DGW25 is going to happen or we would have heard by now?

patmac wrote: »
    So it doesn't look like DGW25 is going to happen or we would have heard by now?

Yeah I imagine we would have heard.

Yeah I imagine we would have heard.

Doesnt look good. I'd have expectedit to be announced today if it was on.

Gonna be hard to fit these games in. If both Liv/Eve or MCI fail to reach the Cup QF then the games could go into the DGW34 pot.

If none of the any of them fail to make the semis they can go in DGW37. But if any of them do make the Cul semi it's gonna be a bit of a pile up.

If none of Liverpool or City are involved in the latter stages of the CL/Europa there are midweeks in 32, 33, 35 & 36 but there tends to be a prohibition on PL games going in CL midweeks. Not sure whether it applies to, for example CL semi finals week if no English teams are involved.

The guy with the spreadsheet has worked out the chances (presumably from bookies odds) of teams having a blank in GW30. Basically a new fangled version of Busts fag packet work. :)

Odds (%) of a GW 30 blank
    Leicester 0
    Newcastle 0
    Southampton 0
    Stoke 0
    Bournemouth 44.44%
    Swansea 44.44%
    Man City 52.38%
    Norwich 52.38%
    Everton 61.90%
    Sunderland 61.90%
    Spurs 71.43%
    Aston Villa 71.43%
    Chelsea 72.73%
    Liverpool 72.73%
    Watford 89.09%
    West Ham 89.09%
    Arsenal 94.71%
    West Brom 94.71%
    Man Utd 94.87%
    Crystal Palace 94.87%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

City triple GW37 :pac:

spock. wrote: »
    City triple GW37 :pac:

Imagine, Aguero

Imagine, Aguero

Then goes off injured after 5 mins of the first game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

CLIFFS on a strategy?
    Should we be buying City and Pool players now. Or wait till the GW 28 blank?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

CLIFFS on a strategy?
    Should we be buying City and Pool players now. Or wait till the GW 28 blank?

• Advertisement

Shane St. wrote:
    CLIFFS on a strategy? Should we be buying City and Pool players now. Or wait till the GW 28 blank?

I'd be careful not to leave yourself decimated for GW27..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah peoples strategy for DGW's at the moment should be....
    1) Ensure you have 11 players for GW27 (no games for Everton, Liverpool, City or Newcastle)
    2) Ensure you have 11 players for GW30 (worst case scenarios, only 3 games that week, best case 7 games)
    3) Start loading up for GW34 (Double - for games missed from GW30)
    4) Start loading up for GW37 (Double - for Eve, Liv, City, New)

This is all subject to confirmation, but going on previous season s and UEFA rules, that's the most likely.

Is it only Southampton and Leceister guaranteed games in both gw27 and gw30 so far?

Shedite27 wrote:
    Yeah peoples strategy for DGW's at the moment should be.... 1) Ensure you have 11 players for GW27 (no games for Everton, Liverpool, City or Newcastle) 2) Ensure you have 11 players for GW30 (worst case scenarios, only 3 games that week, best case 7 games) 3) Start loading up for GW34 (Double - for games missed from GW30) 4) Start loading up for GW37 (Double - for Eve, Liv, City, New)

I'm expecting it to be near impossible to have eleven players on both 27 & 30 without taking 1-2 4 point hits in places, which is a risk as your new player basically needs a good week to make it worth it

Is it only Southampton and Leceister guaranteed games in both gw27 and gw30 so far?

Stoke aswell

Stoke aswell

Swansea are the next best bet then. All that is needed is Everton to beat Bournemouth in the Cup.

I'm not in great shape right now for the blanks, got 2 players from the 4 nearly guaranteed sides (Lec, South, Stk ans Swa) plan on maybe getting another 2 or 3 players in from these sides, probably Vardy (Rom out), Targett and Ayew.

While keeping my WC for the double week and hopefully so more teams become guaranteed for the blanks that I already have cover for.

I'm not in great shape right now for the blanks, got 2 players from the 4 nearly guaranteed sides (Lec, South, Stk and Swa) plan on maybe getting another 2 or 3 players in from these sides, probably Vardy (Rom out), Targett and Ayew.

While keeping my WC for the double week and hopefully so more teams become guaranteed for the blanks that I already have cover for.

However likely Swansea are, Bournemouth are the same since they'd be playing each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

However likely Swansea are, Bournemouth are the same since they'd be playing each other.

lovely I've currently got a swans and bournemouth defender as well as a stoke one and will have Forster in goals by 27!

Advertisement