Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Has this been posted yet?

Ffscout

BLANK PROBABILITIES
    Bet Victor are offering odds for teams to reach the FA Cup Quarter Finals, using those odds I have worked out the percentage chance of each Gameweek 30 fixture being a blank. I won’t bore you with the maths in this article, if you’d like to see the odds, click on the link to my spreadsheet at the bottom of the page.
    Arsenal vs West Brom – 91.78%
    Man Utd vs Crystal Palace – 91.69%
    West Ham vs Watford – 83.93%
    Aston Villa vs Spurs – 70.91%
    Liverpool vs Chelsea – 68.75%
    Sunderland vs Everton – 58.88%
    Norwich vs Man City – 50%
    Bournemouth vs Swansea – 41.12%
    Leicester vs Newcastle – Can’t be a blank.
    Stoke vs Southampton – Can’t be a blank.
    ANALYSIS
    Four teams definitely won’t have a blank in Gameweek 30:
    Leicester, Newcastle, Southampton and Stoke.
    Either Swansea & Bournemouth or Everton & Sunderland will have blanks in Gameweek 30.
    Four teams have at least a 90% chance of a blank in Gameweek 30 (according to Bet Victor):
    West Brom, Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Man United.
    If West Ham beat Liverpool in their FA Cup replay on Tuesday 9th February:
    Either Liverpool & Chelsea or Man City & Norwich will have blanks in Gameweek 30.
    STRATEGY
    To maximise your free transfers between now and Gameweek 30 so you can get as close to a full XI in Gameweek 30 as possible, without taking hits you should follow these rules (split into two sections: before and after the final game of FA Cup 5th Round weekend on February 21st)
    Before February 21st:

Spend the fewest possible FTs (either 0,1 or 2 depending on how many FTs you have right now).
    Only buy Leicester, Newcastle, Southampton and Stoke players.
    Only sell West Brom, Arsenal, Crystal Palace and Man United players (if West Ham beat Liverpool in their FA Cup replay, you could sell a West Ham or Watford player too).
    After February 21st:

Only buy players who won’t have a blank in Gameweek 30.
    Only sell players who will have a blank in Gameweek 30 (or players who will miss Gameweek 30 due to injury).
    MINIMUM ACTIVE GAMEWEEK 30 PLAYERS
    If you’d like to know the minimum number of active players you can get in Gameweek 30 without hits, follow these steps (it might seem obscure, but it works):
    5 + the number of FTs you have right now.
    Add your total number of Leicester, Newcastle, Southampton and Stoke players.
    Add whichever number is smaller:
    a) Your total number of Everton & Sunderland players.
    or
    b) Your total number of Swansea & Bournemouth players.
    If Liverpool lose to West Ham in their FA Cup replay next Wednesday, add whichever number is smaller:
    a) Your total number of Liverpool & Chelsea players.
    or
    b) Your total number of Man City & Norwich players.
    Subtract 1 if you’re reading this after the Gameweek 25 deadline.
    Subtract 2 if you’re reading this after the Gameweek 26 deadline, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

First part regarding the % chance of a blank is very good. But the part under the strategy heading is just pointless imo. Over analysing. I'm all for planning ahead but this is 4 gameweeks away. I'd much rather use a wait and see approach.

He advises us to spend as little transfers as possible, but maybe that transfer will gain us a lot of points before gw 30. Saying that I probably will get a Sot defender in preparation to complement Butland since that fixture is 100% and I already have 3 Lei, but I'd rather wait and see how it pans out for the rest.

Need to get as many points as possible for now so I will probably get Firmino or maybe Ivanovic for this week rather than only buying players from those 4 teams which is naive and overplanning imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

stephenl15 wrote: »
    First part regarding the % chance of a black is very good. But the part under the strategy heading is just pointless imo. Over analysing. I'm all for planning ahead but this is 4 gameweeks away. I'd much rather use a wait and see approach.

He advises us to spend as little transfers as possible, but maybe that transfer will gain us a lot of points before gw 30. Saying that I probably will get a Sot defender in preparation to complement Butland since that fixture is 100% and I already have 3 Lei, but I'd rather wait and see how it pans out for the rest.

Need to get as many points as possible for now so I will probably get Firmino or maybe Ivanovic for this week rather than only buying players from those 4 teams which is naive and overplanning imo.

I was thinking similar, you can end up sacrificing points between now and then if you're gonna ignore certain teams. and then where is the balance

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can see Norwich v City being a thing. Is there any scope for Newcastle v City being played in the same gameweek or do the Champions League rules prevent that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Swiper will be happy. I reckon I'll be getting andros townsend in a few gws as my bench player . Newcastle are currently the only team with a gw30 fixture and a dgw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Swiper will be happy. I reckon I'll be getting andros townsend in a few gws as my bench player . Newcastle are currently the only team with a gw30 fixture and a dgw.
    Don't you fancy more Wijnaldum?

iroced wrote: »
    Don't you fancy more Wijnaldum?

Depending on the blanks I may get both. The plan would be for townsend to be my bench player. Newcastle are improved and have nice fixtures from gw29 to 34 and will play the blank and have a dgw34.

Depending on the blanks I may get both. The plan would be for townsend to be my bench player. Newcastle are improved and have nice fixtures from gw29 to 34 and will play the blank and have a dgw34.

The City game in 34 you're expecting is it?

CSF wrote: »
    The City game in 34 you're expecting is it?

Ye

Ye

Will be watching that Chelsea/City game with interest. It does make me consider a Newcastle player or 2 alright. Would make the transition from 30 to 34 much less steep.

• Advertisement

Will be watching that Chelsea/City game with interest. It does make me consider a Newcastle player or 2 alright. Would make the transition from 30 to 34 much less steep.

newcastle(already) and city(if they lose) will be key players for us early wildcarders. Its one of the reasons I went elliot in my wildcard.

newcastle(already) and city(if they lose) will be key players for us early wildcarders. Its one of the reasons I went elliot in my wildcard.

Are Newcastle not also reliant on the City loss? I've already wasted my bench boost so I just need to make sure I have 11 DGW players for GW34

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Hoping West Ham win tonight since then either Chelsea-Liverpool or Norwich-Man City is guaranteed to go ahead
    Are Newcastle not also reliant on the City loss? I've already wasted my bench boost so I just need to make sure I have 11 DGW players for GW34

Newcastle have a guaranteed GW30 fixture and DGW34 (most likely). Also guaranteed GW35 if Liverpool lose

11 dgw players will be enough and it's all most will have. Get 3 of your single gw players as vardez and Leicester defender decent fixture in gw 34 and a guaranteed gw 35 fixture.

11 dgw players will be enough and it's all most will have. Get 3 of your single gw players as vardez and Leicester defender decent fixture in gw 34 and a guaranteed gw 35 fixture.

I'll only be able to field 11 players total in Gw34

I'll only be able to field 11 players total in Gw34

Oh ye forgot about that

Oh ye forgot about that

Sussed out my path to 34 on my bus home from work there. If Chelsea and Everton win their cup ties I will be fine to go 11 in GW27/GW30 and 11 DGW 34, without a points hit and with one transfer to spare for injuries/changes of heart etc.

This does depend on the Newcastle v City game being in 34 though. I'll be starting off with transfers that carry no fixture risk ie. Leicester transfer in and keeping City transfers in until GW29 when they've Villa at home and the FA Cup picture has become clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

What are we hoping for I west ham pool game ????

km79 wrote: »
    What are we hoping for I west ham pool game ????
    West Ham win for me. Means I'll have a goalkeeper in GW30 no matter what. Rudd (unless he gets dropped) or Courtois.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,189 ✭✭✭✭km79

West Ham win for me. Means I'll have a goalkeeper in GW30 no matter what. Rudd (unless he gets dropped) or Courtois.

Ok so as a Payet owner and no pool I want pool to win ?they wud then have 2 dgws though ?

• Advertisement

4th guaranteed fixture for GW30: Liverpool-Chelsea or Norwich-Man City
    West Ham v Watford very high chance of blank since they're both playing Championship sides

Liverpool-Newcastle guaranteed fixture for GW35

• Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

So can we now say that West Ham will blank in GW 30 and double in GW 34?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Neil3030 wrote: »
    So can we now say that West Ham will blank in GW 30 and double in GW 34?

Not until they beat Blackburn or Watford beat Leeds.

In case anyone not following it from further up this thread already it's all here with chances of blanks based on cup odds plus explanation of the scenario for each blank...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zcb5jGdVitByKQ8R1X4gcEBpiNY9qbLylr72btlTubc/edit?usp=docslist_api

4th guaranteed fixture for GW30: Liverpool-Chelsea or Norwich-Man City
    West Ham v Watford very high chance of blank
    since they're both playing Championship sides

Liverpool-Newcastle guaranteed fixture for GW35
    FHFC wrote: »
    Not until they beat Blackburn or Watford beat Leeds.

In case anyone not following it from further up this thread already it's all here with chances of blanks based on cup odds plus explanation of the scenario for each blank...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zcb5jGdVitByKQ8R1X4gcEBpiNY9qbLylr72btlTubc/edit?usp=docslist_api

Lads I called this game off long ago :pac:! Watford at home to Leeds. Pretty much safe in PL. I can see them playing the Cup very seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lads I called this game off long ago :pac:! Watford at home to Leeds. Pretty much safe in PL. I can see them playing the Cup very seriously!

Yeah in fairness its 93% likely to be off based on the FA Cup odds.

Now as a WCer I'm not yet sure who to shout for in the Chelsea-City game... City getting another game to reschedule should be in favour of WCers but Liverpool not having a blank is not. Many Firmino & Moreno owners out there.

Now as a WCer I'm not yet sure who to shout for in the Chelsea-City game... City getting another game to reschedule should be in favour of WCers but Liverpool not having a blank is not. Many Firmino & Moreno owners out there.

I think I want Chelsea since it gives us with Aguero more power. Rather than having to hold him for GW27 and 30 blanks we can captain him away to Norwich and possibly gain on people captaining Vardez home to Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Currently have 3 West Ham Players...is it time to start dumping one after that cup result?

Currently have 3 West Ham Players...is it time to start dumping one after that cup result?

After nor, SUN yes and maybe even defenders now since three went off injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

After nor, SUN yes and maybe even defenders now since three went off injured

Have Payet,Antonio and Cresswell.....
    Waiting impatiently for Payet to restart scoring FPL wise:)......
    Antonio could bring returns in next two games.
    Might look at shipping out Cresswell.

Advertisement