Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    In the spreadsheet Ziegler posted yer man had the midweek of 16/17 Feb (GW26) marked as potential FA Cup replays. This is the midweek the CL starts up again, and while there is a rule that no midweek PL games are played that week I doubt that applies to Cup replays. So if Liverpool have a cup replay it could possibly happen then with the league game in GW25.

City don't play Kiev in the CL till the following week 24th Feb. So if they draw with Villa in FA Cup it may also be possible to have that replay in GW26 also.

In other words, if Cup replays can happen the same week as CL games the PL could refix a potential Liverpool and City league games for GW25 tomorrow morning and then in the event of an FA Cup replay for either cross that bridge after 30th Jan and fix for GW26.

Hows that for obsessive fixture analysis..... ;)
    Oh right I didn't read that spreadsheet going by the post's above I was assuming the replays had to be midweek of Feb 9.
    Liverpool play in augsburg Feb 18 the midweek of gw 26 so that's not a runner for an FA cup replay. So Liverpool would have to have a replay midweek of 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

My head hurts reading this, well done to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote: »

In other words, if Cup replays can happen the same week as CL games the PL could refix a potential Liverpool and City league games for GW25 tomorrow morning and then in the event of an FA Cup replay for either cross that bridge after 30th Jan and fix for GW26.

Liverpool have Europa League in gw26 though.
    Edit: nevermind, busts already pointed that out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    Liverpool have Europa League in gw26 though.
    Edit: nevermind, busts already pointed that out
    Oh right I didn't read that spreadsheet going by the post's above I was assuming the replays had to be midweek of Feb 9.
    Liverpool play in augsburg Feb 18 the midweek of gw 26 so that's not a runner for an FA cup replay. So Liverpool would have to have a replay midweek of 25.

Forgot about Europa. It was a good theory while it lasted!

If Liverpool draw in the FA Cup ther'll be serious fixture congestion for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

patmac wrote: »

Yup mine too! Fair play to the lads for breaking it down! I presume things will become a bit clearer tonight once the LC finalists are known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The blank will still happen in gw27 as the carling cup final is on. Potentially Liverpool Everton could be rescheduled for gw 30 if both are out of the FA Cup. However whatever game they are due to have in gw 30 would then be moved to gw 34 giving us a double then.
    A few years back the same thing happened, League Cup finalists were due to play the same weekend in the league and had a blank the week before (Swans/Liv). THey played that game the week before so GW27 was a full 10-game week, with games split over 7 days. Unlikely to happen this year tho.

We'll know all on Monday.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    A few years back the same thing happened, League Cup finalists were due to play the same weekend in the league and had a blank the week before (Swans/Liv). THey played that game the week before so GW27 was a full 10-game week, with games split over 7 days. Unlikely to happen this year tho.

We'll know all on Monday.

Ye I remember that. I was thinking you meant the games going to qf week gw 30 but you mean 5th Rd which is the weekend between gw 26 and 27. That is a possibility if both Everton and Liverpool lose. Would that be classed as gw 26 or gw 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yeah, yeah, yeah. If and ands, pots and pans as me auld maths teacher used to say.

When do we play Aguero TC lads, that's all we want to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Yeah, yeah, yeah. If and ands, pots and pans as me auld maths teacher used to say.

When do we play Aguero TC lads, that's all we want to know!

Potentially GW25. I asked the same earlier and CSF kindly replied :D

Bunch of casuals ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Potentially GW25. I asked the same earlier and CSF kindly replied

Bunch of casuals ☺

Job done. Lock the thread mods

spock. wrote:
    Liverpool and Everton blank GW27 confirmed

Man City and Newcastle blank GW27 too.
    DGW dates to be announced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

So with De bruyne potenitally out for a while and with the DB game weeks looming who would be best to get in for him, im think sanchez?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

spock. wrote: »
    Man City and Newcastle blank GW27 too.
    DGW dates to be announced.

Oh SUGAR
    Both my goalies will have no game so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

So with De bruyne potenitally out for a while and with the DB game weeks looming who would be best to get in for him, im think sanchez?

Yeah Sanchez.

If you're gonna do it this week consider doing it now. Kdb dropping in value tonight and possibly a 3rd drop by next GW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

lougal88 wrote: »
    Yeah Sanchez.

If you're gonna do it this week consider doing it now. Kdb dropping in value tonight and possibly a 3rd drop by next GW.

Done, I'm potentially considering ozil to either firminho or silva. What you reckon. Not this week but soon

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Done, I'm potentially considering ozil to either firminho or silva. What you reckon. Not this week but soon

Keep tabs on Ozil. He shouldn't drop tonight but definitely will before next GW. Depends on the double GW coming up. I'd want Silva for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Guys is it now as straightforward as there will be a DGW 25 for Liverpool and Everton if they both win in the FA cup this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I have a spare 0.1 to lose on KDB and Ozil. Hopefully I'll have figured out what the hell is going on by then.

raging about that kdb injury. Massive let off for those without him if there is a dgw25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

ElTel wrote: »
    Guys is it now as straightforward as there will be a DGW 25 for Liverpool and Everton if they both win in the FA cup this weekend?

I thought it was already more than likely to happen based on last night? But I haven't researched it properly. My reading of it was Liverpool-Everton league game would be postponed and when refixed, it'd be a DGW for both?

Regards MF plans.
    If GW 25 is confirmed a double for City-Pool-Everton.

I already have Silva for City cover. He'd be my shout for a direct KBD replacement.

Would sell Ozil for Firmino.

Then after a little rejig in defence, sell Firmino for Sanchez after the DGW.

To leave me with:
    Mahrez-Silva-Sanchez-Alli-Payet.

Is it after the Fa Cup draw when we'll know for certain?

Won't be making any moves on it until it's confirmed either way. I may go about selling a premium defender to start freeing up some funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Last season: COC semifinals were done on 28 Jan, Spurs DGW confirmed the next day: https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/560837360770764801
    Chelsea DGW not confirmed until 20 Feb: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/feb/200215-live-uk-television-fixtures-for-april-2015-released.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

patmac wrote: »

I'd like to echo this sentiment, great work done by all....I'm pretending to know what's going on but afraid to ask any stupid noob questions :o

I transferred KDB out for Sanchez last night as soon as I heard he was stretchered off.....not sure if that was the act of a cunning genius or a reactionary eejit :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Premier League ‏@premierleague
    (1/2) Liverpool v Everton and Newcastle v Man City, two #BPL fixtures in February, have been postponed because of the Capital One Cup final.

(2/2) Liverpool v Everton and Newcastle v Man City were originally scheduled for Sunday 28 February. A new date will be given in due course.

Lads and ladettes, I've seen so much mention of a potential DGW in wk25, but it's GW24 coming right up, how am I meant to prepare for that at such short notice? When will they update the fixtures on the main site? Anyone know? I'm starting to panic!!

Lads and ladettes, I've seen so much mention of a potential DGW in wk25, but it's GW24 coming right up, how am I meant to prepare for that at such short notice? When will they update the fixtures on the main site? Anyone know? I'm starting to panic!!

It's unlikely that there will be a dgw25.
    The gw27 games will likely be postponed to after the blank.

Just hold off on transfers till Monday if it's not announced by then it won't be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tell the truth... you thought there were FPL games tomorrow? :)

PARlance wrote: »
    Tell the truth... you thought there were FPL games tomorrow? :)

Ha, afraid not buddy! My beloved Liverpool are playing the hammers in the cup tomorrow, I was aware of that fact! My main concern is that my team is losing value big style and come Tuesday night it'll be alot worse, just trying to figure out who to take in for KDB that's all! Ideally i'll want someone with a DGW if that is in fact happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ha, afraid not buddy! My beloved Liverpool are playing the hammers in the cup tomorrow, I was aware of that fact! My main concern is that my team is losing value big style and come Tuesday night it'll be alot worse, just trying to figure out who to take in for KDB that's all! Ideally i'll want someone with a DGW if that is in fact happening!
    I'm banking this week whether there is news or not, I wanna be in a position that when they announce news I'm 1 transfer ahead of even the people who will be aware of this, probably a few ahead of those whose heads it will go over.

Advertisement