Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If City get DGW announced for GW25, I'd imagine Aguero would be a popular triple captain choice that week (given that most would use bench boost for the DGW34)...
    Leicester (H), Newcastle (A)

If City get DGW announced for GW25, I'd imagine Aguero would be a popular triple captain choice that week (given that most would use bench boost for the DGW34)...
    Leicester (H), Newcastle (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hi folks,am not too aware of when and who look most likely to have DGW's soon....but lads here seem have it well sussed and are mentioning GW 25 and to a greater extent GW 30.

Could ye please give me a quick appraisal of how well or badly my current squad is fixed..esp with GW 30 in mind.
    Have used up 2 Ft this wk but have 4m in bank for future needs.
    Butland. McCarthy
    Alder Cresswell Targett Nyom. Simpson
    Antonio Payet. Ozil. Alli. Wijnaldum
    Kane. Lukaku. Aguero

Know 3 Hammers prob dodgy but Antonio in great form.

Really appreciate any advice.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

No chance of DGW26 for Liverpool-Everton now either with Everton advancing to 5th round. Lukaku gone for me by GW27 now

Don't think they ever had a chance of a DGW, but Everton advancing means that those teams definitely have a blank on GW27. Managing the blanks can be as important as the doubles. I'm down 3 that week as we stand, Moreno, Lukaku, Aguero

GW27
    Blanks - Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Man City

• Advertisement

Don't think they ever had a chance of a DGW, but Everton advancing means that those teams definitely have a blank on GW27. Managing the blanks can be as important as the doubles. I'm down 3 that week as we stand, Moreno, Lukaku, Aguero

GW27
    Blanks - Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Man City

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

No chance of DGW26 for Liverpool-Everton now either with Everton advancing to 5th round. Lukaku gone for me by GW27 now

26 was already gone with Europa league for Liverpool afaik.

Wonder is there any chance the City dgw will go ahead. They are free midweek 25 or 26 now I think although there are other ECL games in 26 which may prohibit.

If Liverpool and Everton had both lost in FA Cup, they could have played on 5th round day which would have been under GW26 I'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Arsenal city Chelsea spurs utd Liverpool Everton all in the draw for the last 16 can't ever remember a season with so many of the bigger teams through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FA Cup fifth round draw

Chelsea v Manchester City

Reading v West Brom/Peterborough

Watford v Leeds United

Shrewsbury Town v Manchester United

Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool/West Ham United

Tottenham v Crystal Palace

Arsenal v Hull City

Bournemouth v Everton

• Advertisement

Good chance of all the quarter finalists being from the PL. Dgw 34 is going to be huge this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Good chance of all the quarter finalists being from the PL. Dgw 34 is going to be huge this year.

Reckon you're looking probably at 4 GW 30 games and 6 DGW games.

FA Cup 5th round draw:
    Chelsea v Man City
    Reading v Peterborough/WBA
    Watford v Leeds
    Shrewsbury v ManU
    Blackburn v Liverpool/West Ham
    Spurs v Palace
    Arsenal v Hull
    Bournemouth v Everton

So that leaves us with the following guaranteed GW30 matches:
    Stoke v Soton
    Leicester v Newcastle
    Bournemouth v Swansea or Sunderland v Everton

Arsenal v WBA, ManU v Palace, and West Ham v Watford all feature one side that's going to be a pretty big favourite to have a blank

CSF wrote: »
    Reckon you're looking probably at 4 GW 30 games and 6 DGW games.

Us early wildcarders need a big Dgw in 34. Even if it's 5dgw games 10 teams it should be easy enough to field 11 Dgw players.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,085 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Us early wildcarders need a big Dgw in 34. Even if it's 5dgw games 10 teams it should be easy enough to field 11 Dgw players.

Kinda regretting using the bench boost now.

CSF wrote: »
    Kinda regretting using the bench boost now.

I'm thinking the bench boost could be useful to allow you play some big guns that don't have a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Hi folks,am not too aware of when and who look most likely to have DGW's soon....but lads here seem have it well sussed and are mentioning GW 25 and to a greater extent GW 30.

Could ye please give me a quick appraisal of how well or badly my current squad is fixed..esp with GW 30 in mind.
    Butland. McCarthy
    Kane. Lukaku. Aguero

You could do with getting some Leicester coverage,apart from at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Anyone willing to give advice on my current situation & help me out with planning.

Still have all chips & WC with 4mil in bank.

Squad.
    DDG Myhill
    Dawson Berty Simpson Bellerin Ward
    Ozil Payet Firmino Willian Stanislas
    Aguero Ighalo Lukaku

With DGW & Blanks going to be a plenty how is my squad looking & where could I improve.

No FT's this week but heavily thinking of -4 for Sanchez for Willian or Ozil.

Or should I hold til Tursday & get a Man City midfielder?

Unless I'm missing something I'm hoping for a big dgw too though. :)

Its not all about numbers of doublers, it's about having the right ones - key guys from smaller teams or a guy on a run of form.

A lot of the big teams having doubles kinda cancels out. Everyone will have the Arsenal or City high ownership players even those doing no planning. It was Matty Philips and Benteke that made the huge difference last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are ye aiming to have 11 playing on the blanking weeks? I can't figure out how to manage it without hits.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Unless I'm missing something I'm hoping for a big dgw too though. :)

Its not all about numbers of doublers, it's about having the right ones - key guys from smaller teams or a guy on a run of form.

A lot of the big teams having doubles kinda cancels out. Everyone will have the Arsenal or City high ownership players even those doing no planning. It was Matty Philips and Benteke that made the huge difference last year.

Those with a wildcard dont need to worry if there were only 8 teams with a double you could stock up with 15 dgw players and play the wildcard the week after to fix your team. Us early wildcarders need a big dgw with lots of the players the majority already have to offset the advantage a wildcarder will have.

Us late WCers could also WC GW36 BB GW37 if it looks like we're well set for DGW34. Wouldn't have to worry about ruining squad in that scenario but it's also leaving it late in terms of a WC boost

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Those with a wildcard dont need to worry if there were only 8 teams with a double you could stock up with 15 dgw players and play the wildcard the week after to fix your team. Us early wildcarders need a big dgw with lots of the players the majority already have to offset the advantage a wildcarder will have.

My plan might be to wildcard the week before and bench boost the week of the wildcard with 15 strong DGW starters wildcarder in.

That means I'd have points from 30 players effectively that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Butland. McCarthy
    Kane. Lukaku. Aguero

Just bumping this up.....feel free to assess my squad lads:)......thanks.

For GW30, people should be planning to get Leicester and Southampton players, other than that it's just speculation. I'm not going to worry about it until we know more, I'd rather Sanchez even with GW30 blank than try to be clever and get Ayew in now only for Bournemouth to beat Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

For GW30, people should be planning to get Leicester and Southampton players, other than that it's just speculation. I'm not going to worry about it until we know more, I'd rather Sanchez even with GW30 blank than try to be clever and get Ayew in now only for Bournemouth to beat Everton

I plan to sell Baines for a Saints defender for 25,27,30 as FHCL is back in 25 & 30.

Firmino next out the door as well I'd say possibly for Gw25 as well.

Us late WCers could also WC GW36 BB GW37 if it looks like we're well set for DGW34. Wouldn't have to worry about ruining squad in that scenario but it's also leaving it late in terms of a WC boost

It the big shift in the team between possibly 4 game GW30 to huge DGW34 where i think I'll be playing mine.

Assuming there's no DGW 25 or 26 I think I'll be shaping towards putting out a strong 11 in 30, with the option of selling any big hitter even, then wildcard in 31 or maybe make it to 32 setting the team up (bench players, 4th mid etc) for 34.

There'll also be a blank, possibly a big enough one, in 35 for the cup semis, so the wildcard team can be set to have (or be able to accomodate) bench fodder with games in 35.

Whenever you wildcard youre gonna want to bank in 34 and have 2 FTs to sort yourself for 35. Then you've only got another 2 transfers to sort doublers for 37 which could also have 6 or 8 teams with doubles the way the cup is going for the Prem teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dahat wrote: »
    I plan to sell Baines for a Saints defender for 25,27,30 as FHCL is back in 25 & 30.

Firmino next out the door as well I'd say possibly for Gw25 as well.

Dump that Firmino plan for 25...

Long complicated post warning:eek:
    I had a look at the 3 blanks gw 27,30 and 35 and looked at what each time requires to have a fixture on each week. Unfortunately I cant do fancy tables so the info going across is gw 27, 30 qfinal weekend and 35 sfinal weekend

Arsenal- gw 27 utd , gw30 wba both need to be knocked out by the qf for fixture to go ahead, gw 35 sunderland arsenal need to be knocked out by sf
    Villa - stoke , Spurs spurs need to be knocked out, sou game goes ahead
    Bour- Watford , Swansea bour need to lose, Che both need to be knocked out
    Chelsea- Sou A, Liv A both need to lose, Bourn both need to be knocked out
    Palace- wba, Utd both need to lose, everton both need to be knocked out
    Spurs - Swansea, Villa spurs need to lose, WBA both need to be knocked out
    West ham- Sunderland, Watford both need to lose, Utd both need to lose
    WBA- Palace, Arsenal both need to be knocked out, spurs both need to lose
    Liverpool- Blank, chelsea both need to lose, newcastle pool need to lose
    Everton- Blank, sunderland everton need to lose, Palace both need to lose
    city- Blank, norwich man city need to lose, stoke man city need to lose
    utd- Arsenal, palace both need to lose, west ham both need to lose
    Newcastle- Blank, Leicester, liverpool pool need to lose
    sunderland- w ham, everton everton need to lose, arsenal ars need to lose
    Stoke- villa, southampton, city man city need to lose
    swansea- spurs, bournemouth bour need to lose, leicester
    southampton- chelsea, stoke, villa
    watford-bournemouth, w ham both need to lose, norwich watf need to lose
    Norwich- leicester, city m city need to lose, watford watf need to lose
    Leicester- norwich, west ham, swansea
    The key thing to take from all that is that leicester and southampton are currently the only 2 teams with a guaranteed fixture in 27,30,35. If chelsea can beat city stoke would also have a fixture in all 3 gws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have both defensive cover here. Might go with Sanchez.

Ozil or Willian to come out?

Advertisement