Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tempted with Rooney for the dgw and captain him should he make it back in time. Had found some form prior to getting injured, and with Villa at home for the double...

Fixtures for Man U are very good gw34 onwards, incl the two dgws obviously. Personally I'd have to shift Kane to make way for Rooney, and this is the sticking point: -4 to get Rooney for dgw34, and then max 10 starters for gw35 (11 if I keep Kane). Meh blehhhhhhhh

Kind of want this fpl season to be over already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It'd be a helluva lot easier if Aguero did the decent thing and took the rest of the season off ;-)

More funds to blow on WC team and no freaking out about not having Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Cartman78 wrote: »
    It'd be a helluva lot easier if Aguero did the decent thing and took the rest of the season off ;-)

More funds to blow on WC team and no freaking out about not having Aguero

Ok, I'm going to put it out there. Is there an argument for leaving Aguero out of a WC team??

His fixtures in DGW34 are poor, but he was always THE captaincy option in GW33. Now with Lukaku having a double in GW33 (added to the risk of rotation/early substitution due to proximity of CL QF) is there an argument the use the funds elsewhere?

Certainly a forward line of Aguero, Kane and Lukaku is a bank buster elsewhere, especially if Sanchez is needed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Benimar wrote: »
    Ok, I'm going to put it out there. Is there an argument for leaving Aguero out of a WC team??

His fixtures in DGW34 are poor, but he was always THE captaincy option in GW33. Now with Lukaku having a double in GW33 (added to the risk of rotation/early substitution due to proximity of CL QF) is there an argument the use the funds elsewhere?

Certainly a forward line of Aguero, Kane and Lukaku is a bank buster elsewhere, especially if Sanchez is needed too.

I certainly won't be going without him. Remember his 5 goals after a run of blanks earlier this season. You'll be at a serious disadvantage if he performs. His form isn't even that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I certainly won't be going without him. Remember his 5 goals after a run of blanks earlier this season. You'll be at a serious disadvantage if he performs. His form isn't even that bad.

I knew there was something bugging me about this double being 33
    League leader sold Aguero and no way to buy him back
    He was NAILED on as my captain that week home to wear brom
    Lost an advantage now as every man woman and child will have lukaku captain so will have to go him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So yeah I just sat down to make my plan. I have one conclusion and one conclusion only:

A complete and total nervous breakdown is likely to occur by the end of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Yeah I've started, got frustrated and gave up a few times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Surprised Bollasie hasn't been mentioned yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

If he didn't have a GW35 fixture I'd more strongly consider it, but I see him as necessary until that point and I'm even nervous about my Aguero to Deeney plan GW36. But then again, I'm not going double Arsenal mids

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Got all 4 if those in my team. Gw35 will be tricky but think the benefits of 33 and 34 will get me through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Now he's not going to be captain in 33 he's out of my plans. Back to the drawing board!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Bolasie time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

djPSB wrote: »
    Bolasie time.

Would rather Wickham if I was going for a Palace attacker, at least he's shown some kind of form lately.

Would rather Wickham if I was going for a Palace attacker, at least he's shown some kind of form lately.

Uses up a striker spot reserved for Kane Kun and Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinks there's far too many options to be reserving spots at this stage. The only player I won't consider dropping is Mahrez and that's only because I wouldn't have the funds to buy him back.

I'm dropping Kane if the other two don't get injured. 10m is too much for a SGW unless I compromise a lot elsewhere

I'm going all in on this it's going to make or break my season. At least I'll have a lot of matches to watch if nothing else!

jimmii wrote: »
    I'm going all in on this it's going to make or break my season. At least I'll have a lot of matches to watch if nothing else!

3 Palace then? ;). Looking like Mahrez will be my only SGWer although I'm only going to be able to field 9 or 10 in GW35 before hits

3 Palace then? ;). Looking like Mahrez will be my only SGWer although I'm only going to be able to field 9 or 10 in GW35 before hits

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Not reading through 66 pages but is using WC this round and playing bench boost for the mega game week the thing to do?

Edit: just noticed GW37 too!

• Advertisement

L.S.F wrote: »
    Not reading through 66 pages but is using WC this round and playing bench boost for the mega game week the thing to do?

Yeah wildcard for dgw 33, bench boost for dgw 34 and TC for gw 37 is popular. You could even wildcard this week and TC in gameweek 33. Gameweek 34 is probably the best week for a bench boost however, due to the number of teams with a dgw and your wildcard allowing you to maximise your dgw players

How likely is Wellbeck to hold his starting place? Been impressed with his movement for Arsenal.

dahat wrote: »
    How likely is Wellbeck to hold his starting place? Been impressed with his movement for Arsenal.

Possible but I wouldn't wanna risk it. Would hate to get him in for the double and only see him play one game

Possible but I wouldn't wanna risk it. Would hate to get him in for the double and only see him play one game

That's my fear. I'd rather Wellbeck and Sanchez to two Arsenal mids but pointless risk if i cant be sure he will get two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gerard3003

Anyone going real ballsy and TC on Sturridge in DGW in GW 34?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'd love to, but have no confidence in him playing both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Gerard3003 wrote: »
    Anyone going real ballsy and TC on Sturridge in DGW in GW 34?

I think that's madness tbh. The DGW comes straight after the Dortmund 2nd leg, so not a chance Sturridge starts both. He's also only getting 65-70 mins in the games he does start.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gerard3003

LostArt wrote: »
    I'd love to, but have no confidence in him playing both games.
    I think that's madness tbh. The DGW comes straight after the Dortmund 2nd leg, so not a chance Sturridge starts both. He's also only getting 65-70 mins in the games he does start.

That's all thats stopping me tbh , aside from that I'm strongly considering some of Man U's defence/De Gea

L.S.F wrote: »

I'm going to WC this week, BB in 34 and then TC most likely in 37 but could be tempted to blow it on Lukaku in 33!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

People wildcarding this week or next what is your long term plan,till week 35, 36,37 or 38.

Advertisement