Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

35 yards, turnover. Midway through the 2nd quarter.

I know he's surrounded by garbage at the skill positions, but if Cam doesn't get a drive going by half time, I'd be I'm favour of benching him.

I'll take the "probably won't get it done" in Stidham over "proven to not get it done" in Cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The INT was all on Cam, no where near catchable by anyone.

Cam throws to no one again. Time for him to start warming that bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This is ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, I think I'd rather Stidham in there now. Give him the rest of the day and a start where he can prepare and let's see if he has anything. It's not going to be any worse than what's going on now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

How bad could Stidham be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

BKWDR wrote: »
    How bad could Stidham be?

Let's find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Jesus.

Coaching staff have no neck if Cam comes back out in the 2nd half.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

If you start Hoyer ahead of someone, you don't trust them enough to take over from Cam.

• Advertisement

Bedtime for me. Absolute garbage all over the field.

At least Stidham looks like he gives a sh*t out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Not one of them players can hold their head high. Next 6 are Bills Jets Ravens Texans Cardinals and Chargers could see ourselves be 3-9 after that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,009 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Season's done I think. Can't see us getting to the playoffs with this team and schedule. Doubtful Bill uses capital to bring in anyone in this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭me89

Season's done I think. Can't see us getting to the playoffs with this team and schedule. Doubtful Bill uses capital to bring in anyone in this season.

No point in trading for anyone now, I can actually see us doing the opposite and trading Gillmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Is the problem Cam himself, lack of weapons, or a combination of both?

IMO, Cam has gone backwards the last few years and his early games for NE were a Indian Summer rather than a return to form.

It was a no risk experiment, bit surprising that NE had no plan for a future after Brady though.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Is the problem Cam himself, lack of weapons, or a combination of both?

IMO, Cam has gone backwards the last few years and his early games for NE were a Indian Summer rather than a return to form.

It was a no risk experiment, bit surprising that NE had no plan for a future after Brady though.

Combination of both I would think. Even brady was begin to struggle with the lack of talent towards the back end of last season.
    On your last line, in the Patriots defense tom Brady's dont come around too often. So many teams struggle to find a dependent consistent franchise qb. Look at teams like the browns and Bill's on how many qb,s they have gone through to land on something they can build a winning team with. Hopefully the Patriots wont have to wait so long but the days of been a contender are well and truly over. Both sides of the football the Patriots are an ageing team that are in decline. Need to start rebuilding

We'll need to draft a QB. The upcoming FA is fairly lacking at QB. Dak is the standout name, but I can't see the Cowboys letting him go even despite the injury.

Apart from that... Trubisky, Rivers, Brissett, McCarron, Dalton, Barkley etc. A whole heap of nothing.

This season put Brady's performance last year in a better light. +4k yds, 28:4 td/int, one bad defensive series from being 13-3 and 1st Rd bye.

Maybe this year will be the catalyst for a change in offensive drafting. I don't think Bill will do a firesale, but I would be surprised if he spends much to bring in talent.

We'll need to draft a QB. The upcoming FA is fairly lacking at QB. Dak is the standout name, but I can't see the Cowboys letting him go even despite the injury.

Apart from that... Trubisky, Rivers, Brissett, McCarron, Dalton, Barkley etc. A whole heap of nothing.

Package Gilmore or Thuney to try and move up to get Lawrence? Doubtful the Jets would make that though.

• Advertisement

We'll have a top ten pick, three very talented young QB's in the draft.
    If the Jets are first up taking Lawrence, I'd take Darnold off their hands.

I wonder what competition we have for one of the first round QBs.

Jets - most likely taking Lawrence at 1.

Redskins - certainly in the mix and have a high pick.

Falcons - high pick and looking at life after Matt Ryan probably.

Giants - Maybe? Certainly if Jones continues to turn the ball over. They won't be desperate to trade up but if a QB lands at their spot then....

Jaguars - certainly in the mix, as much of a "personality" as Minshew is, he's just not that good.

I'd also take Darnold if it looks like we're not going to get one of the bigger QB prospects. Has looked good at times in spite of Adam Gase.

How's the draft look for WRs? Won't matter who the QB is without folks to throw it to. Brutal failure on Bill's part, two of the most loaded draft classes on recent times for WR and we got Harry.

There's a lot of talent at WR and TE in the 2021 draft class.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,565 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I wouldnt be drafting a QB.
    We need about 3 WRs and TEs to make even a passable - pardon the pun - offense. I'm happy enough with the o line for now.

DBs we have gilmore and not much else. I'd be trading gilmore for draft picks.
    We can easily pick up a veteran QB who can run the offense. We saw in the Cassel year, when there was a better offense, a mediocre QB could have a winning season. Id take 10-6 now in a heartbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

I was looking at the schedule and have it finishing at 9-7. And that's being optimistic on some of the games.

Think covid has had an effect on cam which they're not admitting at the moment.

Is the offence gone stale and predictable? I know the wr and te are bad but they can't be that bad that they can't get open at all.

Harry is looking like a busy though so far.

Not too worried about defence, if the players hadn't opted out the defence would be serious contenders.

Harry has potential in spades but he's not realizing it. He's a bust right now.

The lack of involvement by Keane and Asaisi is frustrating. I know TEs take longer to mature as rookie, but come on. Izzo is poor, being generous. Is there something to be lost by putting them on the field as receiving options if nothing else?

Only positive I'd take from this season so far is that Harris has looked good.

Yes. This needs a couple of years of rebuilding.
    Look at the colts between manning and luck. We need that much rebuilding. When a once in a generation talent (like TB or Peyton) is allowed leave a team, the implosion is often dire. These upper echelon QBs can often carry crap offense with a good defense.

There's not that many Favre-Rodgers/ Montana-Young around the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Shedite27

trebor28 wrote: »
    I was looking at the schedule and have it finishing at 9-7. And that's being optimistic on some of the games.

I like you're optimism but I don't see it happening. We've scored 28 points in the past 3 matches combined. You've not going to beat many with that offence. Bar the 2 Jets games, I'd have Pats as underdogs every week

Advertisement