Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

paulie21 wrote: »
    2 more positive tests in the building. Why does it go a few days without any then bang. Sunday's game probably doesn't go ahead now

Ay a guess. They probably run some BS testing on non symptomatic players like they did on Hard Knocks and then they get symptoms they are tested elsewhere by different medical staff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Fairly brutal showing so far on offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The secondary is absolutely appalling

Embarrassing loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Embarrassing loss.

An absolute **** show on offense

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,703 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The secondary is absolutely appalling

What?

eagle eye wrote: »
    What?
    Meant the offensive passing options. I'm confused is frustration....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭me89

Same problems in the passing game as last year, no one to stretch the field and no production from TE.

Two TE drafted and not a catch between them all season. They need to do something before trade deadline if they want to make the playoffs.

me89 wrote: »
    They need to do something before trade deadline if they want to make the playoffs.

And ideally something a lot more inspiring than Mohamed fúcking Sanu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm sure all the disruptions due to Covid and Bill shutting down some practices didn't help, but Cam needs better than Harry and Byrd to stand a chance in the passing game.

Denver played the right scheme this week, they manned up on the mediocre receivers and came hard against the run and made sure Cam had to stand still in a collapsing pocket.
    It's frustrating, because you can see the pieces there - a good Oline, some decent Backs, a good QB... we just have no passing game due to our WR/TE group

• Advertisement

It says a lot about our receivers that on 4th and long with the game on the line, the Broncos were confident enough to run a double safety blitz.

Cam is a big part part of the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

eagle eye wrote: »
    Cam is a big part part of the problem

I don't get your constant hate on Cam.
    He's been given a team with no receiving corps, but he still came 2 yards from winning against the Seahawks and had to get involved as a receiver himself to make some progress on that final drive to try win the game yesterday.
    You can see him standing in the pocket yesterday, going through progressions and having no one open.
    Our top rusher yesterday was Cam, our top receiver was White. Both of those stats scream a lack of passing options down the field.
    Even on that last play, Cam made the correct throw - Harry ran the route wrong.

The other loss came when he was sick and the backup plan was horrendous.
    I know you like Stidham, but it says something when Bill decides that keeping a Hoyer dumpster fire on the field is a better option to him.

Without Cam NE would be completely toothless on offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,561 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

BizzyC wrote: »
    I don't get your constant hate on Cam.
    He's been given a team with no receiving corps, but he still came 2 yards from winning against the Seahawks and had to get involved as a receiver himself to make some progress on that final drive to try win the game yesterday.
    You can see him standing in the pocket yesterday, going through progressions and having no one open.
    Our top rusher yesterday was Cam, our top receiver was White. Both of those stats scream a lack of passing options down the field.
    Even on that last play, Cam made the correct throw - Harry ran the route wrong.

The other loss came when he was sick and the backup plan was horrendous.
    I know you like Stidham, but it says something when Bill decides that keeping a Hoyer dumpster fire on the field is a better option to him.

100% agree on this. Cam is not ideal but he's the best solution we have, and can say QB is not the problem.

The problem is the same problem its been for years, receiving corps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

The Jets are cleaning house now, I definitely think making a call about Crowder would be a smart move. He's somehow managed to look good in what is quite possibly the worst NFL offense I've ever seen

BizzyC wrote:
    I don't get your constant hate on Cam. He's been given a team with no receiving corps, but he still came 2 yards from winning against the Seahawks and had to get involved as a receiver himself to make some progress on that final drive to try win the game yesterday. You can see him standing in the pocket yesterday, going through progressions and having no one open. Our top rusher yesterday was Cam, our top receiver was White. Both of those stats scream a lack of passing options down the field. Even on that last play, Cam made the correct throw - Harry ran the route wrong.
    Cam was very slow checking down all day yesterday. How many times did he throw the ball away when nothing was open? I'll tell you it was not enough times. He took four sacks, three of which he shouldn't have taken. He threw an awful pick. He was awful. His average completion was for 6.3 yards. I'm not giving the WR's a free pass here but Newton was horrendous yesterday. I was happy after a couple of our performances and said so in here but what I'm seeing now is a very inconsistent QB.
    Suggesting I hate Cam because I'm willing to be critical is nonsense. I've always been a fan of Cam going back to his time at Auburn.

And I'm not trying to take Harry's side here but I have to ask the question. Did somebody from the Patriots say that Harry ran the wrong route or is this just your opinion without any actual proof?
    BizzyC wrote:
    The other loss came when he was sick and the backup plan was horrendous. I know you like Stidham, but it says something when Bill decides that keeping a Hoyer dumpster fire on the field is a better option to him.
    I fancied that Stidham had a bit of something about him based off of preseason games from last year. When Brady was leaving I was confident that he must have a lot about him but I've seen nothing from him to this point to suggest he is even as good as Cam.
    I'm certainly not looking for Stidham or Hoyer to be the starter. I'm sad that we are in the position we are in.
    BizzyC wrote:
    I certainly don't think we'd improve by putting either of our other two QBs in. I just think we have to accept this is going to be a horrendous season and hopefully we can draft a good QB in 2021 or trade for a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

ELM327 wrote: »
    100% agree on this. Cam is not ideal but he's the best solution we have, and can say QB is not the problem.

oThe problem is the same problem its been for years, receiving corps

Have to agree on the last sentence. We have drafted poorly for years at wr. Hadn't a decent deep threat since randy moss. Got buy when gronk and Edelman were producing but the root cause lies with our inability to draft real quality. Doesn't matter who the qb is, it would be the same result

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

The team needs to reevaluate it's drafting of skill position players. Last two drafts were stacked with WRs and TEs. You look at how successful other teams are at finding talent in later rounds, it's maddening how poor we've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

The answer is to steal the Steelers scouting reports on WRs :D

We've still got Edelman, we've got White too who's often lined up as a wide receiver. Our most important position at WR has always been the slot receivers. Troy Brown, Wes Welker and then Julian were brilliant. I don't know why Julian doesn't play there so much anymore. It's the position we need to fill. The rest all falls into place when we have a really good slot receivers. I think White could do that job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

The team needs to reevaluate it's drafting of skill position players. Last two drafts were stacked with WRs and TEs. You look at how successful other teams are at finding talent in later rounds, it's maddening how poor we've done.

Dont know what has happened the patriots drafting ability but 2012 was the last one I can recall where they added real strength. It's a thing I cant understand why we have had such limited success with given the brains behind the decision making. Seemed to be more interested in adding quantity not quality. If it wasnt for strong trades through the years the Patriots wouldnt have been as successful as they have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

dh1985 wrote: »
    Dont know what has happened the patriots drafting ability but 2012 was the last one I can recall where they added real strength. It's a thing I cant understand why we have had such limited success with given the brains behind the decision making. Seemed to be more interested in adding quantity not quality. If it wasnt for strong trades through the years the Patriots wouldnt have been as successful as they have been.

The problem with trading for vets is that you're at the mercy of the market, and teams have gotten wise to the Pats. They're more apt to compete for players or drive the price up. the return on investment has been poor for the last few seasons. Gordon, Cooks, Sanu, Brown. Cooks was decent, but we also had much stronger pieces around him.

Far cry from Welker, Amendola or Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Seeing as he’s back in Foxboro tomorrow, seems an apt time to ask...

How do Pats fans feel about Jimmy G now? Should we have made more of an effort to keep him?would you want him now as your Franchise QB on a 5 year $25 per contract?

He’s had his fair share of injuries, but seemed to be quite limited in the Super Bowl run. Benched mid game 2 weeks ago. Bullet dodged or would you take him over the one year rental we have with Cam?

Shedite27 wrote:

How do Pats fans feel about Jimmy G now? Should we have made more of an effort to keep him?would you want him now as your Franchise QB on a 5 year $25 per contract?

He’s had his fair share of injuries, but seemed to be quite limited in the Super Bowl run. Benched mid game 2 weeks ago. Bullet dodged or would you take him over the one year rental we have with Cam?
    I felt at the time that we lost a good one but I don't now. He's looked very average most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭me89

Shedite27 wrote: »

He's an average QB, we traded him and made it to two Superbowls winning one so it was the right decision.

I couldn't see him doing much with this offence anyway so I'm happier with Cam.

me89 wrote:
    I couldn't see him doing much with this offence anyway so I'm happier with Cam.

Not much between them really. Two very average QB's based on performances this year.

Absolutely nothing on offence yet again.

Twice on 3rd down the ball is thrown short of the 1st down marker and the player is immediately tackled.
    What brain dead sponge is calling these plays?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Get Stidham out there

• Advertisement

This is pure sh*te, both sides of the ball.

Advertisement