Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,851 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Chiefs have positive tests too. Game postponed might be played Monday or Tuesday probably have to retest everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Titans were testing every day, and we've seen new cases staggered over the course of the week so it's very unlikely Cam is the only one.

The Falcons had someone test positive on Saturday last week and their game still went ahead.

Also worth noting that putting the full roster and staff on a plane is a terrible idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,703 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

paulie21 wrote: »
    Chiefs have positive tests too. Game postponed might be played Monday or Tuesday probably have to retest everyone

Yeah I thought that's what it said too but on reading it again it sounds more like they'll decide when to rearrange it on Monday or Tuesday not that it'll be played on Monday or Tuesday.

FieldYates is saying that the expectation in New England is the game won't be played at all this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It looks exceedingly likely if this pattern continues, that the Superbowl may need to be pushed out to accommodate the regular season completion, the NFL schedule doesn't have much wiggle room and it's being used up week by week potentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Hoyer starting tonight. Not great for Stidham, but Hoyer has been the backup. Might be better for Stidham given they are playing KC, and might have a chance at the Broncos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Such a downer, I was really looking forward to this matchup. If we keep it within 2 scores I'd be seriously impressed.

Hoyer has to be benched after that. The calamity at the end of the first half was bad enough but that last one was unforgivable. He is responsible for us being on six points less than we should.

Ugh, Julian.

• Advertisement

A case of what could have been. If only we had Cam tonight.

We absolutely could've won that game with Cam. Defense played a great game overall, they should've had 3 picks. Hope we have enough to beat the Broncos at home without Can and get to the Bye

Hoyer not knowing we had no timeouts is poor for a guy who's supposed to be the experienced head out there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I hope we don't see Hoyer on the field again this season.
    He had some bad throws, and his presence and poise in the pocket was non-existent.

Giving Stidham a full game would have been more beneficial all round, I'm not worried about his 2 picks, one was 100% on Jules and the other was practically a punt at the end.

The Defence did a great job, KC offence only had 19 points despite being handed the ball twice by Hoyer with decent field position.
    I think that game was definitely winnable if we had Cam, but my god we need a better plan B than Hoyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

BizzyC wrote: »
    He had some bad throws, and his presence and poise in the pocket was non-existent.

Giving Stidham a full game would have been more beneficial all round, I'm not worried about his 2 picks, one was 100% on Jules and the other was practically a punt at the end.

The Defence did a great job, KC offence only had 19 points despite being handed the ball twice by Hoyer with decent field position.
    I think that game was definitely winnable if we had Cam, but my god we need a better plan B than Hoyer.

I agree than Stidham should start, but that last one was on him, Byrd was open, but it was underthrown.

Utter BS by the officials to say it was sack rather than a sack and a fumble by Mahomes. That was a huge play. They weren't so generous to Hoyer later in the game. Two huge calls in the Red zone.

Stidham threw another pick that was called back for PI and it was a bad throw.
    It appears there's accuracy issues with him.
    I suppose you'd have to see him get a start to.properlu evaluate but I wouldn't be all that confidential based off what we seen last night.
    Shocked at Hoyer's errors last night. I never rated him as a great one but always felt his decision making was his best attribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Christy42

BizzyC wrote: »

While a pick 6 was not his fault that pass was about to see Edelman get blown up for no gain. It was a terrible decision that got magnified by an iffy ball and a bad catch attempt.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Hoyer not knowing we had no timeouts is poor for a guy who's supposed to be the experienced head out there

Inexcusable. Presumably the play drawn up was a quick throw option or just chuck into the stands. How does he **** that up? Even taking the penalty for intentional grounding would've worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I'm not saying I though Stidham looked good out there, just that I'm more forgiving of his mistakes.
    He came into a game in a bad situation and he has barely played in the NFL.

Someone like Stidham has a chance to improve from any kind of exposure, Hoyer is beyond that and has shown he simply isn't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Christy42

Inexcusable. Presumably the play drawn up was a quick throw option or just chuck into the stands. How does he **** that up? Even taking the penalty for intentional grounding would've worked.

He seemed to be calling for a timeout as he got up. Seems like he missed track of the situation. Didn't expect him to be good but he seems to have lost composure a bit. Obviously there is a lot going on in such a high pressure situation but I expect the veteran to manage that.

Neither is the answer. Everyone knew Hoyer was not the answer. It was just expected he might manage a more stable job to keep things ticking over when Cam is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,561 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think it's clear for all to see that Hoyer's time is done. We need a better backup - especially if stidham is not the answer. Cam is likely to be injured a lot.

Yeah Hoyer has regressed, Stidham is unproven.
    Maybe we should try Julian there. :D

Stephon Gilmore has tested positive. Seems to only affect our star players. Imagine there has to be more amongst team

• Registered Users Posts: 21,561 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Theres a 14 day incubation period so I'd expect more to get it.

And where did he pick it up? Chiefs could have cases too.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/10/8/21506928/rookie-wide-receiver-class-hype-early-impact

Good article here from the Ringer, about the recent crop of WRs, with mention of last year. Makes for depressing reading from a Pats perspective. Why is WR an area where Bill struggles so much to draft well? You look at teams like the Steelers, where they consistently manage to identify and select quality at that position.

We're staring down the barrell of wasting two seasons of excellent defense because a major deficiency at WR, after two drafts loaded with quality options that we missed out on. This past year especially is pretty egregious, given how poorly the 2019 season panned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Broncos game moved to Monday night.

2 more positive tests in the building. Why does it go a few days without any then bang. Sunday's game probably doesn't go ahead now

paulie21 wrote:
    2 more positive tests in the building. Why does it go a few days without any then bang. Sunday's game probably doesn't go ahead now
    Has to go ahead or the whole schedule ends up a mess.

• Advertisement

Very quickly losing interest in this season.

Such a shame, as it should have been one of the most intriguing seasons in recent history.

Advertisement