Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I did see someone say mothercare was gone on tralee do you know a few days ago and people said it wasn't as it was just the UK ones last year. Apparently they were owned separately. Sad to see another business close. I needed to get a new car seat for my little boy too! As for Pandora, I have never been inside the door and was always wondering how the kept going. Tralee didn't seem like the right place for them to be really. I think any jewellers could sell Pandora, so a stand alone shop didn't make sense in a small town.

Sad for the staff though, not nice for them.

Where was Pandora, don't think I ever heard of them. Only place I can think of is possibly Martin Cleary's shop opposite the Daily Grind?.

A lot of places closing down now. Sad.

T.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

TigerTim wrote: »
    Where was Pandora, don't think I ever heard of them. Only place I can think of is possibly Martin Cleary's shop opposite the Daily Grind?.

A lot of places closing down now. Sad.

T.

That's exactly where they were!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Tralee Do you know This Day next week

64ff17e7-36fd-46ba-a625-a28d03351451.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I would love to have seen the queue outside this morning...not stand in it, just see the amount of people who got up early to stand and wait for it to open!

I'll probably give it a week before I venture in. I have no patience to queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I would love to have seen the queue outside this morning...not stand in it, just see the amount of people who got up early to stand and wait for it to open!

I'll probably give it a week before I venture in. I have no patience to queue!

Just seeing some of the queues on social media for Penneys in Dublin and Cork, sheer madness. Imagine queuing for hours for some 2 Euro flip flops or knickers when you can just walk in tomorrow as normal with no queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

I did see someone say mothercare was gone on tralee do you know a few days ago and people said it wasn't as it was just the UK ones last year. Apparently they were owned separately. Sad to see another business close. I needed to get a new car seat for my little boy too! As for Pandora, I have never been inside the door and was always wondering how the kept going. Tralee didn't seem like the right place for them to be really. I think any jewellers could sell Pandora, so a stand alone shop didn't make sense in a small town.

Sad for the staff though, not nice for them.

Not nice for the staff at all of course but we are lucky enough in Tralee to have one of Irelands best independent nursery stores, Tralee nursery supplies

g1983d wrote: »
    Not nice for the staff at all of course but we are lucky enough in Tralee to have one of Irelands best independent nursery stores, Tralee nursery supplies

we do, but they are pretty expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Indeed but I always found thay had a better selection than mothercare.

Listrydude wrote: »
    Indeed but I always found thay had a better selection than mothercare.

I didn't personally buy anything in there when we had our little boy, but I know my mom did buy a few things for us from them. She did comment that she was shocked at the prices though, but she wasn't able to get the particular items in Mothercare so she hadn't much choice at the time.

We do need a new car seat for our fella as he's getting to big for the older one, so I will have a look in there to see what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

I didn't personally buy anything in there when we had our little boy, but I know my mom did buy a few things for us from them. She did comment that she was shocked at the prices though, but she wasn't able to get the particular items in Mothercare so she hadn't much choice at the time.

We do need a new car seat for our fella as he's getting to big for the older one, so I will have a look in there to see what they have.

Do for sure but maybe try Halfords also, they have a great range.

Also ,there seems to be some very good local buy and sell pages. We have 4 boys and My wife has sold a few car seats on those pages, worth a try.

• Advertisement

Also ,there seems to be some very good local buy and sell pages. We have 4 boys and My wife has sold a few car seats on those pages, worth a try.

I didn't realise Halfords do car seats! I know Smyths do some, but they never seemed to have as good a range as Mothercare.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

If they ever bother reopening. Some Halfords stores have been open all week but not the Tralee store.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I didn't realise Halfords do car seats! I know Smyths do some, but they never seemed to have as good a range as Mothercare.

We bought one from Halfords a while ago, because what they had was better than what Smyths or Mothercare had.

https://www.halfords.ie/baby-and-child/car-seats/

I found the opposite when buying stuff for out little fella and I know of people from up the country that bought from them and were happy with price

g1983d wrote: »
    I found the opposite when buying stuff for out little fella and I know of people from up the country that bought from them and were happy with price

I guess they just didn't suit our budget at the time!

ejmaztec wrote: »
    We bought one from Halfords a while ago, because what they had was better than what Smyths or Mothercare had.

https://www.halfords.ie/baby-and-child/car-seats/

Thanks! Now to figure out which one he needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

When you don't need something asap - tralee gas supplies are very good at holding items and paying off a little at a time. We found them to be excellent.

bobdcow wrote: »
    When you don't need something asap - tralee gas supplies are very good at holding items and paying off a little at a time. We found them to be excellent.

Pity we didn't know this 4 years ago! Oh well. Maybe next time ;)

I do remember pricing a couple of things in Mothercare before and after we had our baby, and then going down to Smyths and finding them a lot cheaper for the same things! I did like Mothercare, but they were expensive too. We ended up getting our cotbed and changing table from Ikea though, as it was the best price we found around and what I was looking for. Sometimes its not always possible to shop local.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

There is a post by the chamber alliance that Mothercare in Manor is gone - due to covid they will close all their shops.

They've been in administration a long time so it was bound to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

kn wrote: »
    https://www.newstalk.com/news/want-katie-hopkins-gaa-around-country-call-name-change-john-mitchel-clubs-1029212

They can go and **** off!! :mad:

Maybe they want the Mitchel's renamed the Martin Luther King Junior's?

That wouldn't be a bad idea. MLK was a great man who never denigrated any racial, or religious groups.

Quackster wrote: »
    That would be a very intelligent response! :rolleyes:

Gosh, you beat me too it.:)

Tralee Do you know This Day next week

64ff17e7-36fd-46ba-a625-a28d03351451.jpg

And wear a mask to stop it spreading to other shoppers and staff

Yeah, that's what we did and a one4all from work at the same time helped too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

That wouldn't be a bad idea. MLK was a great man who never denigrated any racial, or religious groups.[/QUOTE
    The Rev King owned a lot of guns. Which I fully support his right to.

Quackster wrote: »
    If they ever bother reopening. Some Halfords stores have been open all week but not the Tralee store.

Still no date as to when they are reopening either. Manor west put up an update on their facebook page saying they will update when they know.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Golden Discs reopening Monday, hopefully they can keep going as rumours were circulating that they wouldn't reopen.

I see that frozen yogurt shop in Rock street is reopening. They have changed their name to FroYoLand. I think they closed at Christmas. I have still not been in but I would love to try it out!

[QUOT[/QUOTE
    The Rev King owned a lot of guns. Which I fully support his right to.

That is not true.He applied for a gun permit after his home was bombed in 1956, which was denied by the Alabama authorities.
    He did not have a gun in his home. He had armed security guards around his property for protection of him and his family, after the horrible attempt to kill them.
    The NRA and other gun fanatics like to portray Dr. King as a gun aficionado, and it is false. In 1959 he disavowed all guns and did not have any after that time.
    He lived his principles of peace.

• Advertisement

That is not true.He applied for a gun permit after his home was bombed in 1956, which was denied by the Alabama authorities.
    He did not have a gun in his home. He had armed security guards around his property for protection of him and his family, after the horrible attempt to kill them.
    The NRA and other gun fanatics like to portray Dr. King as a gun aficionado, and it is false. In 1959 he disavowed all guns and did not have any after that time.
    He lived his principles of peace.

Lets not get into this, its got nothing to do with Tralee thread! thanks.

Advertisement