Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Radio5

Forge83 wrote: »
    You did read it was last Friday? When 90% of the people of Kerry were out and about all over the county. It would have been news if it happened a couple of weeks earlier but for it to make the front page of the Kerry’s eye and any newspaper is a joke.
    It’s not as if he was at the beach or anything recreational, it was a funeral which he felt obliged to attend.

As one of the 10% who is still following guidance and will continue to do so, I don't think he is any different to anyone else. I know people who have missed funerals of work colleagues or people they were close to (outside of their immediate family). They watched them on-line where that was possible and made the sacrifice.

Don't see why Pa Daly is any exception. John O'Donoghue tried that 'I'm above the people, I'm special' line in his heyday and it didn't work out too well for him.

If anything Daly should be more conscious of guidance and provide some leadership at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

kn wrote: »
    Travel restriction to be changed from proposed 20k from Monday to within your County. I guess that makes it easier for the Guards identifying what vehicles to spot check.

Do you have a link, thanks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

newman10 wrote: »
    Do you have a link, thanks
    It's on both RTE News and Irish Times now.

I imagine there'll have to be some allowance for those living near a country boundary.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

You did read it was last Friday? When 90% of the people of Kerry were out and about all over the county. It would have been news if it happened a couple of weeks earlier but for it to make the front page of the Kerry’s eye and any newspaper is a joke.
    It’s not as if he was at the beach or anything recreational, it was a funeral which he felt obliged to attend.

He should be leading by example. It stinks of double standards.
    Going by the last election I’m not surprised all the SF bots are out defending him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    I think he deserves a break. He was a pallbearer so obviously it was a close relationship. I'm not pro SF and I have personally adhered to all government restrictions but let's be human about this

You must not have been to too many "republican" funerals before.

Seems to me that anybody who has ever worn an Easter Lilly gets to shoulder the coffin at them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

BPKS wrote:
    You must not have been to too many "republican" funerals before.

100% correct never been to a Republican funeral. However I do think people are so critical. For the last 2 months its been evident to see people walking the fat mile on a daily basis in groups (its bottom of my road), nobody really pushed back or done anything.

Minute SF rep steps out a line it's down like a tonne of bricks. Again I'm not pro any political party. However i do like to think after this whole pandemic that as humans we can just begin to judge people at face value. Wow deep rant there for a Friday evening!

Sorry all! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    He should be leading by example. It stinks of double standards.

+1 on that. Why should we adhere to limits when our TD's/Public Representative is not. (not that it really will apply anymore from Monday)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sos88sos88 wrote: »
    100% correct never been to a Republican funeral. However I do think people are so critical. For the last 2 months its been evident to see people walking the fat mile on a daily basis in groups (its bottom of my road), nobody really pushed back or done anything.

Minute SF rep steps out a line it's down like a tonne of bricks. Again I'm not pro any political party. However i do like to think after this whole pandemic that as humans we can just begin to judge people at face value. Wow deep rant there for a Friday evening!

Sorry all! : )

Politicians are always open to scrutiny because they're one of the groups that should be following the rules, and setting an example.

I think that thousands of people on seeing what wasn't done about the Keelings incident, thought "Feck this, we're off", and all of a sudden people were going everywhere beyond the limit.

It's the same "Feck this we're off" situation when people see that their own politicians are breaking the rules, and off people go again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Ah here.. This place boils my p11s sometimes..
    All the do gooders bleating. Ffs, do ye all adhere to law & order 100% of the time?
    Any of the moaners break the speed limits lately?
    Not tax their car on time?
    Not insure car on time?
    Me - chalk me down for all of the above.
    Gimme a break.. I love Kerry and Tralee, so much so, I convinced my wife to move here - but you'd swear some here are looking down on everyone else.
    So what if Pa went to a funeral?
    I broke protocol to do the same. Do I feel guilty?
    Not one bit..
    Rant done..

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    All the do gooders bleating. Ffs, do ye all adhere to law & order 100% of the time?
    Not insure car on time?
    Gimme a break.. I love Kerry and Tralee, so much so, I convinced my wife to move here - but you'd swear some here are looking down on everyone else.
    Not one bit..
    Rant done..

I voted for him in the recent election. Never, ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Quackster wrote: »

I voted for him too, but will reserve my judgement on him on his performance for the locality.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see that the mens clothes shop Official in Castle street are changing their shop up. They have moved the barbers they had upstairs down to the shop floor right inside the door. Not sure where the clothing will be but it will still be there somehow. I saw on their instagram page that they are not going to open until the barbers does in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Not insure car on time?
    Not one bit..
    Rant done..

Breaking the law with those motoring offences isn't going to spread a disease, whereas attending a funeral when you're not supposed to might.

You're not the only one who can't see the difference, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Those SF bots have tunnel vision...

Quackster wrote: »

But you might vote for a party that sent infected people to Cahirciveen and barely apologized for it

Sacrolyte wrote:
    Those SF bots have tunnel vision...

The FG bot strikes back!

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    I see that the mens clothes shop Official in Castle street are changing their shop up. They have moved the barbers they had upstairs down to the shop floor right inside the door. Not sure where the clothing will be but it will still be there somehow. I saw on their instagram page that they are not going to open until the barbers does in July.

I wonder how many retailers have learned over the past month that they dont require a physical presence and online will suffice. Dont get me wrong, would hate to see shops physically close but that's my fear, especially when they are getting hammered on rates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

I've become quite accustomed to my online shopping now, I had kind of moved that way for clothes anyway but would go for the occasional browse but that's not an option for the near future anyway. Once the diy and gardening centres open I was happy really :) Infrequent trips to supermarket and the rest I can do online for now.

I do miss a cup of coffee, scone and read of the paper in a coffee shop though and might be a while before I'd be that comfortable going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

There's more than a ring of truth to this :D

Starbucks has made good progress over in manor in recent weeks. Did anyone hear of an opening date for it?

• Advertisement

bobdcow wrote: »
    Starbucks has made good progress over in manor in recent weeks. Did anyone hear of an opening date for it?

24th February :)
    That was the date...... probs won't be end of July now

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

https://www.radiokerry.ie/life-style-sport-outlet-bridge-street-tralee-will-not-reopen/

No surprise really. I can’t remember if I posted this was going to happen in a previous post when Elverys didn’t renew their lease down town.
    Unfortunately there will be more closures in the coming weeks and months.

Are there plans for Elverys to open up somewhere else in town?

https://www.radiokerry.ie/life-style-sport-outlet-bridge-street-tralee-will-not-reopen/

No surprise really. I can’t remember if I posted this was going to happen in a previous post when Elverys didn’t renew their lease down town.
    Unfortunately there will be more closures in the coming weeks and months.

Lifestyle announced.that the shop in town was closing at the start of the year... no idea why thats news.
    Elverys are actively seeking a site in town..not Manor for their relocation

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

Lifestyle announced.that the shop in town was closing at the start of the year... no idea why thats news.

Makes zero sense that they are not seeking a unit in Manor West.
    The unit beside Curry’s would be ideal for them.

On Manor and Debenhams. Has the Food court upstairs also closed?
    One would think there will be no issue filling that with another food outlet.

Makes zero sense that they are not seeking a unit in Manor West.
    The unit beside Curry’s would be ideal for them.

On Manor and Debenhams. Has the Food court upstairs also closed?
    One would think there will be no issue filling that with another food outlet.

They were in discussion for that unit...all over now as the price kept going you.. hence a town location preferred now

They were in discussion for that unit...all over now as the price kept going you.. hence a town location preferred now
    Delighted that fell through, assuming they can get a unit in the town centre. Bridge St Dunnes would be perfect if herself could be coaxed to do the right thing.

To compete properly with Sportsdirect, they will need a unit of 5,000 sq ft plus some storage which rules out many units unless abbey court got an upgrade or the old corcorans furniture

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was driving past Lana this evening and I spotted work going on in the unit between them and Shindig. Looks like a clothes shop is going in there. They were painting the outside and getting the place ready to open by the looks of it. No sign up yet so don't know who it is moving in there...

• Advertisement

Is there still plans to put a giant tent over the square?

With all the takeaway coffees etc available at the moment it was lovely walking around the town park, but when the rain comes, and we know it will! Then where will people go

Advertisement