Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2016 News & Chat

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    im sick of lorenzo at this stage. he is a moany cun.......

have seen loads of riders make that kinda move all year but because it was rossi he moans.

delighted for pedrosa. excellent ride pity we dont see more victories from him

People forget how good Dani far too often.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 34,245 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Seems Dani needs high track temperatures to get the front tyre working, his light weight isn't helping him there.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

There doesn't seem to be a specific thread for the other bike sports, so I'm posting here as it gets the traffic.

Does anyone know anymore about what happened behind the scenes at the Manx GP when the Kawasaki team got done for having an oversized engine, but Michael D and Michael R didn't get their bikes stripped despite it being a regulation for podium placed machines?

https://www.facebook.com/greenalljacksonracing/posts/1255361737810021

Does Frostie still post on here?

There doesn't seem to be a specific thread for the other bike sports, so I'm posting here as it gets the traffic.

Does anyone know anymore about what happened behind the scenes at the Manx GP when the Kawasaki team got done for having an oversized engine, but Michael D and Michael R didn't get their bikes stripped despite it being a regulation for podium placed machines?

https://www.facebook.com/greenalljacksonracing/posts/1255361737810021

Does Frostie still post on here?

That's a very messy situation. Lots of people alleging cheating ****ty way to run things if true. A statement from Mistral here too http://roadracingnews.co.uk/mistral-racing-issue-statement-on-superbike-classic-tt-disqualification/

http://roadracingnews.co.uk/superbike-classic-tt-controversy/

Nice to see Nicky back pity for Miller though.

https://twitter.com/MCNSport/status/777765345490825216

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    Anyone know the date for Motogp Silverstone 2017? I couldn't go this year because another lad in the job was going to electric picnic. If I can book the time off before he does(he's off for the next week) I can go next year.
    Provisional 2017 calendar just released now. Looks like 25th-27th august 2017.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2016/09/21/2017-provisional-motogp-calendar-announced/211047

Round Date Grand Prix Circuit
    1 26/03 Qatar* Losail International Circuit
    2 09/04 Republica Argentina Termas de Río Hondo
    3 23/04 Americas Circuit of The Americas
    4 07/05 Spain Circuito de Jerez
    5 21/05 France Le Mans
    6 04/06 Italy Autodromo del Mugello
    7 11/06 Catalunya Barcelona-Catalunya
    8 25/06 Netherlands TT Circuit Assen
    9 16/07 Germany Sachsenring
    10 06/08 Czech Republic Automotodrom Brno
    11 13/08 Austria Red Bull Ring - Spielberg
    12 27/08 Great Britain** Silverstone
    13 10/09 San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini . Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
    14 24/09 Aragon MotorLand Aragon
    15 15/10 Japan Twin Ring Motegi
    16 22/10 Australia Phillip Island
    17 29/10 Malaysia** Sepang International Circuit
    18 12/11 Comunitat Valenciana Comunitat Valenciana - Ricardo Tormo
    X x * Evening Race
    x x ** Subject to the contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

h3000 wrote: »
    Provisional 2017 calendar just released now. Looks like 25th-27th august 2017.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2016/09/21/2017-provisional-motogp-calendar-announced/211047

Round Date Grand Prix Circuit
    1 26/03 Qatar* Losail International Circuit
    2 09/04 Republica Argentina Termas de Río Hondo
    3 23/04 Americas Circuit of The Americas
    4 07/05 Spain Circuito de Jerez
    5 21/05 France Le Mans
    6 04/06 Italy Autodromo del Mugello
    7 11/06 Catalunya Barcelona-Catalunya
    8 25/06 Netherlands TT Circuit Assen
    9 16/07 Germany Sachsenring
    10 06/08 Czech Republic Automotodrom Brno
    11 13/08 Austria Red Bull Ring - Spielberg
    12 27/08 Great Britain** Silverstone
    13 10/09 San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini . Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
    14 24/09 Aragon MotorLand Aragon
    15 15/10 Japan Twin Ring Motegi
    16 22/10 Australia Phillip Island
    17 29/10 Malaysia** Sepang International Circuit
    18 12/11 Comunitat Valenciana Comunitat Valenciana - Ricardo Tormo
    X x * Evening Race
    x x ** Subject to the contract

I jumped the gun and booked the weekend of electric picnic next year, just in case.:pac: I'll let him stew until the official date is announced. :D

I jumped the gun and booked the weekend of electric picnic next year, just in case.:pac: I'll let him stew until the official date is announced. :D

HaHa sounds like he deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Hector Barbara in for Iannone at Ducati - will be interesting to see how he performs on a factory machine.

One can only dream of Casey riding in Philip Island but it looks like it will be a firm "no"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Infoanon wrote: »

One can only dream of Casey riding in Philip Island but it looks like it will be a firm "no"

I never liked the guy, but that must be a kick in the balls for him. I would have liked to see him racing for old times sake.

• Advertisement

I never liked the guy, but that must be a kick in the balls for him. I would have liked to see him racing for old times sake.

If Casey wanted to race he would be there. He'd even be there this weekend I'd imagine. I think he turned Ducati down rather than the other way round. I was never the biggest fan of Casey's personality (on TV at least) but he is one of the best riders ever and it would be awesome to see him out there again.

Pedrosa has fractured his collar bone and is out of Motegi and most likely Sepang and Philip Island too :(

Ah poor Dani. Must be the unluckiest top rider in MotoGP ever.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Big off for Laverty in FP2 also - taken away on a stretcher but thankfully he seems to be ok.

https://twitter.com/eugenelaverty/status/786873825480679425
    https://twitter.com/btsportmotogp/status/786851429369712644

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Congrats to Marc for clinching the Championship in Motegi.
    Honourable mentions must go to V. Rossi and J Lorenzo for assisting Marc by falling off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

One of the very few races i got to watch live, pretty humdrum affair imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Karel Abrahams confirmed for the Aspar Ducati seat - all rides for 2017 now sorted in Moto GP

He must be bringing his usual bag of cash, problem for the team is that most of it will go on repairs.

Dire weather in Phillips Island, MotoGP FP2 cut short and Moto2 FP2 cancelled altogether.

Valentino doing a bit of speedway:

CvRkJKyUIAAz3sY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Moto2 race was a bit good :eek:

• Advertisement

MotoGP race was interesting as well, its just a pity they hold the race at a shít time of year for weather. Spring in Victoria is pretty similar to here and can be just as cold miserable and shítty.
    I know it's all part of reducing costs by having the three flyaways in the same leg, Asia-Pacific and all that but it doesn't do that track justice.
    It really is a proper track not some Tilke designed monstrosity but a genuine riders track.
    anyway Congrats to
    CC35
    fully deserved race win with a lot of race experience behind it.
    Great for the team as well, they need a couple of victories and it will make sponsorship much easier for next year.
    John McPhee is a lucky guy that could have been an awful incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

CJhaughey wrote: »
    MotoGP race was interesting as well, its just a pity they hold the race at a shít time of year for weather. Spring in Victoria is pretty similar to here and can be just as cold miserable and shítty.
    I know it's all part of reducing costs by having the three flyaways in the same leg, Asia-Pacific and all that but it doesn't do that track justice.
    It really is a proper track not some Tilke designed monstrosity but a genuine riders track.

It's not just to reduce costs that the fly aways are linked as a triple header. For years they had them split up but Philip Island has been at the end of the year because Victoria don't want to have F1 and MotoGP in the same month at the start of the year. If you were to add in the Aus Open tennis in January you'd have all their major events in the space of three months. This spreads it out much better...and also now that I'm in SBK I'm much happier with a February race date for me in PI!

frostie500 wrote: »
    It's not just to reduce costs that the fly aways are linked as a triple header. For years they had them split up but Philip Island has been at the end of the year because Victoria don't want to have F1 and MotoGP in the same month at the start of the year. If you were to add in the Aus Open tennis in January you'd have all their major events in the space of three months. This spreads it out much better...and also now that I'm in SBK I'm much happier with a February race date for me in PI!

SBK have the right time for racing!
    In a way I am glad that the GP circus has to put up with a bit of ****ty weather, they race in warm weather and blue skies for much of the season and the temperate and changeable PI circuit tests the rider much more so than other circuits IMO.

Advertisement