Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2016 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

lolie wrote: »
    Why is there spoilers for a race that took place yesterday ?

Some people may have not seen the race yet.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Entertaining motogp race...although i cant understand why the red flagged it ONLY when Rossi started to get duffed up...:rolleyes:..
    Miller was excellent through all sessions and deserved the win..and i was glad to see Redding on the podium after his good performance before the rossi sorry red flag..Marquez was delighted just to finish i think....Lorenzo..:confused:

Entertaining motogp race...although i cant understand why the red flagged it ONLY when Rossi started to get duffed up...:rolleyes:..
    Miller was excellent through all sessions and deserved the win..and i was glad to see Redding on the podium after his good performance before the rossi sorry red flag..Marquez was delighted just to finish i think....Lorenzo..:confused:
    That's ridiculous Max

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I don't understand how a world champion can be that bad in the wet.

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I don't understand how a world champion can be that bad in the wet.

Jorge? He is never a big fan of the wet. He broke his collarbone in Assen (2013?) too. He probably has no confidence there too.

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    That's ridiculous Max

Is it though.....;)

Is it though.....;)

Ah it is though. Race control tried to keep the race going as long as it was safe to do so. They probably should have stopped the race a lap or two earlier. To say it had anything to do with Rossi is a bit Tin foil hat :)

Rossi now needs Marquez to have 2 DNFs and avoid anymore himself to have any chance.

Ah it is though. Race control tried to keep the race going as long as it was safe to do so. They probably should have stopped the race a lap or two earlier. To say it had anything to do with Rossi is a bit Tin foil hat :)

Theyre were all doing fine in the rain..The Hondas were catching up..Redding passes Rossi ..3 Ducati on the podium(possibly) then theres a red flag.....:o
    Still delighted for the podium...something different..

Theyre were all doing fine in the rain..The Hondas were catching up..Redding passes Rossi ..3 Ducati on the podium(possibly) then theres a red flag.....:o
    Still delighted for the podium...something different..

Redding, Dovi, Smith, Marquez and Bradl (and I'm sure more) all said the red flag was the correct decision. The could not see some of the curbs on the track and could not see more than an couple of feet on the straight. Redding said he could not see Marc on the straights and he was only about a second ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I was texting a couple of the Moto2/WSBK riders during the race and they all said "Race should be red flagged cos the track is too dangerous" and that was from a lap or two before it happened. Race Control made the right call on when to put out the flag and it'll always help some riders and hinder others but, and this comes from having lots of dealings with Mike Webb the race director, he won't make a call like this based on anything other than facts and seeing some riders struggle won't be enough to make him bring out the red.

Jorge has a lot of scar tissue in the wet and an awful lot of that comes from Assen 2013. He had to do something completely superhuman to come back 48 hours after breaking his collarbone to race that weekend but the mental toll of that was huge and cost him a lot of energy even the following season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

For anyone interested there's a few of my scribblings online from Assen....

Is Miller's path to MotoGP one we can expect to see followed by more riders?

And a review of the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I think that race should have been red flagged earlier, I know the kind of commercial pressures that come to bear on race direction and scheduling etc all play a part but the rain was exceptionally heavy and as this is the first real test of Michelin Wet tyres it should have been factored in as part of the race.
    Mike Webb was instituting a kind of outside the box thinktank after the debacle in Sachenring in 2014 where Bradl was the only rider on the grid on wets.
    What happened to that groupthink? did it die due to commercial pressure on Dorna or was it just not practical to think of alternatives?
    New procedures seem to be working, the quickstart procedure has been adopted and seems to be working well. RD just need to have a few more possible scenarios that they can fall back on during the season, some might be outlandish but others should be easy enough to work towards.
    Motegi is quite often wet as are other tracks in higher latitudes and a heavy wet plan B should be easy enough to implement.
    When it comes to safety the riders safety should take primacy over commercial interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

shocker of a weekend so far for lorenzo

That MotoGP race was a very entertaining race and really calls into question the return of Intermediate tyres, I don't think many but MM could have done what he did to get that amount of heat into his tyres from the outset.
    In all fairness to him he was a lot better in those conditions than anyone else and the times showed that.
    Apparently Honda have decided to ignore the intermediates, to them there are only slicks and rain tyres to pick from for the race. This may have helped MM as when he swapped bikes he knew that he had to hammer heat into them from the outset, however it takes big balls to cane a slick tyre on a wet track with a narrow dry line, one mistake and its goodnight Irene.
    He didn't make that mistake though and the difference between him and the rest results in a handsome lead going to the summer break.
    Crutchlow also surprised me with his turn of pace and lack of crashing.
    Redding must have been bitterly disappointed with his result, he looked so close to a 2nd and to be caught so close to the line must really hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

imagine if Eugene came in and got slicks the same time as MM. Solid result but one can only dream..cutting through the field for a podium finish :rolleyes:

legrand wrote: »
    imagine if Eugene came in and got slicks the same time as MM. Solid result but one can only dream..cutting through the field for a podium finish :rolleyes:

Eugene has nothing to be ashamed about, he is going into the break in the top 10, he has had some very good finishes on that bike.
    He is currently just behind the two factory Ducati's of Dovi and Iannone.
    There is a factory Suzuki rider behind him.
    Not a bad position at all TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

totally agree - was just indulging in some fantasy of a dream result

was delighted for cal it was a well deserved podium for him his over take of iannoe was excellent . was gutted for redding you could see the disappointment on his face afterwards.

lorenzo seems to lost all confidence in himself or the bike. he is having a shocking time lately.

the ride of the day for me was pawi in the moto 3 race that kid is awesome in the wet

tommyboy26 wrote: »

the ride of the day for me was pawi in the moto 3 race that kid is awesome in the wet

From the last few years the Asia-pacific riders seem to be streets ahead of the Euro riders in wet conditions.
    Anthony West, Stoner,Pawi, Khairuddin are all super in the wet.
    Lorenzo is already in Ducatiland in his head.

• Advertisement

bt sports will no longer be available on virgin from 1st of aug.

suggestions of how to watch?

virgin was handy as i recorded everything and watched at my own leisure

bt sports will no longer be available on virgin from 1st of aug.

suggestions of how to watch?

virgin was handy as i recorded everything and watched at my own leisure

https://secure.motogp.com/en/subscribe

Is probably your only option if you don't/can't get BTSPORT.

https://secure.motogp.com/en/subscribe

Is probably your only option if you don't/can't get BTSPORT.

Do u use it

Do u use it

No my internet connection is far too crap to use it. A few other guys here use it though and say great things about it.

BT sports is free if you have Eir broadband and a Sky sub.
    I have been streaming it in shíte quality for the last 6 mths but might jump ship from Sky to Eir and take advantage of their introductory offer.

Pirate it

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Pirate it
    I'd do that but its hard to beat watching it on TV in HD realtime, not streaming in poor quality or torrenting it to watch later.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No my internet connection is far too crap to use it. A few other guys here use it though and say great things about it.

I must measure the actual throughput on it sometime but IIRC the stated requirement for it is 2Mbit and the lower quality settings should use less. There are a few quality settings available, up to 720p.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I must measure the actual throughput on it sometime but IIRC the stated requirement for it is 2Mbit and the lower quality settings should use less. There are a few quality settings available, up to 720p.

My connection is well below 1Mb anytime even remotely peak traffic times.
    227B6466-E344-45C0-AE6F-F28EEE98274E.png

My exchange is finally due to be upgraded next month though......hopefully

• Advertisement

Advertisement