Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2016 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

And we're back....

Ducati's are looking strong this weekend. It seems to be their best chance to secure a race win.

Pedrosa had a low side this morning which seems to have knocked his confidence. Laverty had an off too. Lorenzo still doesn't seem to be himself.

Rossi seems to be going ok, he needs to ensure he finishes ahead of Marquez.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,245 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pedrosa this season hasn't had much confidence to knock :(

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Lots of action/drama in Austria this GP.
    Marquez had a massive off in FP3 and dislocated his shoulder but seems to be okay now all things considered.
    Rossi managed to split the Ducatis in qualifying to put it on P2.
    Fenati has been suspended and looking like sacked from Sky VR46 for repeated behaviour going against team disciplinary rules.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Race was disappointing (except for Ducati fans) and processional really

Laverty was going well until just before the end :(

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Race was disappointing (except for Ducati fans) and processional really
    Yeah it was alright but I think that track was always going to be, especially on the big bikes.
    Laverty was going well until just before the end :(
    Until Petrucci punted him off :mad: It looks like Eugene is heading back to WSBK too. It's a pity because he is fast enough for MotoGP. I wish Ducati would give him a GP16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^
    There's no doubt in my mind he could be a contender with the right bike, but I suppose that could be said for a number of riders in the field and competition is fierce. Pity as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Bautista confirmed at Aspar on a GP16 meaning Yonny or Eugene will get a GP15, Eugene has already said that he will got to WSBK if he does not have equal machinery to his team mate.

Great ride by Laverty - unfortunately he was being reeled in by the other more powerful bikes on the straights coming out of Turn 7 and 8

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

252649.jpg

20 years to the day that Rossi took his first victory.

Fenati has been sacked from Sky VR46. Dala Porta will take over from Silverstone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Gintonious wrote: »
    252649.jpg

20 years to the day that Rossi took his first victory.

That bike looks so tiny! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

365927.jpg

Look at the head on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

h3000 wrote: »
    Fenati has been sacked from Sky VR46. Dala Porta will take over from Silverstone on.

why was he sacked. where does that leave him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

always liked this video

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    why was he sacked. where does that leave him now?

Allegedly he got into a fist fight with Uccio after qualifying in Austria among other issues over the last while. He had two warnings regarding his behavior before Austria.

Right now he has no ride but with his talent someone will pick him up I'd imagine.

That bike looks so tiny! :pac:

Those 125cc bikes were fairly small and vale is fairly big

Bagnaia will ride the Sky VR46 Moto2 bike next year. Really good decision. That boy is fast.

https://twitter.com/autosport/status/766907645009629184

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Pecco is a good signing, fast and seems well liked.

Some good racing yesterday. I do love a bit of rain.

A bit more on the Fenati incident here
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/232911/1/sky-vr46-fenati-didnt-fight-with-anyone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Some good racing yesterday. I do love a bit of rain.

Yeah me too....sorts out the men from the Yamahas...............:D

Jaysus...how did Ianone ride that thing with the "knobbly" on the front..:eek:...he definately had (Ia ) none tyre left...:o

Brilliant for Cal...he's a funny bloke..

Yeah me too....sorts out the men from the Yamahas...............:D

Jaysus...how did Ianone ride that thing with the "knobbly" on the front..:eek:...he definately had (Ia ) none tyre left...:o

Brilliant for Cal...he's a funny bloke..
    I was surprised race direction did not bring him in for an unsafe bike. That tyre must have been close to exploding.

• Advertisement

I was surprised race direction did not bring him in for an unsafe bike. That tyre must have been close to exploding.

The grooves aren't down to the carcass like the old rain tyres, they still have a few mm of rubber before the carcass starts.
    Regardless its not great it got to that point though but that's what incorrect tyre selection will give.
    Michelin have brought the old art of correct tyre selection back with this rubber.
    The Bridgestone era was characterised by the wide window of operation that Bridgestones would operate in, get it nearly right and you could win, get it wrong and you might come 5th or 6th.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    The grooves aren't down to the carcass like the old rain tyres, they still have a few mm of rubber before the carcass starts.
    Regardless its not great it got to that point though but that's what incorrect tyre selection will give.
    Michelin have brought the old art of correct tyre selection back with this rubber.
    The Bridgestone era was characterised by the wide window of operation that Bridgestones would operate in, get it nearly right and you could win, get it wrong and you might come 5th or 6th.

There was a few images of his tyre on the slow motion shots and you could see the huge chunk missing from the centre. I really think it was a brave decision to let him continue. Even with a different construction surely a delaminating tyre like that would overheat more easily.

ferking hell......sorry this pic need that..

ferking hell......sorry this pic need that..

Thats a great pic, all the aero wings and scoops for the brakes and a really damaged tyre in the middle of it all.

Thats a great pic, all the aero wings and scoops for the brakes and a really damaged tyre in the middle of it all.

Wonder if all that downforce caused the tyre to overheat..:confused:

Glad those stupid wings are being banned next year.

Wonder if all that downforce caused the tyre to overheat..:confused:

Up to 20kg extra downforce apparently.
    Aero is definately interesting for the manufacturers because the rules are so restrictive with regard to engine development in season, max bore size of 81mm etc etc. Aero is really the last thing they can experiment on.
    I think the genie is out though, maybe no winglets but I would put money on the fairings looking very different next year.;)

I think the genie is out though, maybe no winglets but I would put money on the fairings looking very different next year.;)

Saw this spy-cam shot in this weerk MCN.............

Laverty is off to WSBK with Aprilia. I really hope the Aprilia will be competitive and give him a good shot at the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Pity Eugene could not get his hands on a GP16 - hopefully he will be back in Moto GP one day - definitely worth his place on the Moto GP grid

Advertisement