Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2016 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Infoanon wrote: »
    Pity Eugene could not get his hands on a GP16 - hopefully he will be back in Moto GP one day - definitely worth his place on the Moto GP grid

It really is. I think he would have been very quick on one. Id love to see him back but after another year or two in WSBK he will probably be too old for the MotoGP corporate machine.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Even the 15 would give him a better chance than the 14, it must be a right kick in the stones to see Bautista get a 16 ahead of him but it all comes down to how much money the rider brings, Spanish riders will always have more resources than Irish ones, purely due to the popularity of bikes in Spain.
    Sad but the Milwaukee team is a well run team and if the Ape is given decent factory support I would expect that Eugene will do well. The bike/engine has had a lot of development in the last few years and I would expect that its as fast as the Kawasaki and possibly more developed chassis wise.

Great MotoGP qualifying today. Top job by Cal and amazing job by Eugene. Eugene finished P6 but was in for pole when he had a bit of a high side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

h3000 wrote: »
    Great MotoGP qualifying today. Top job by Cal and amazing job by Eugene. Eugene finished P6 but was in for pole when he had a bit of a high side.

Totally agree great qp in motogp. Delighted for calling with pole but was heartbroken for Eugene could of had his first pole every. Still his highest started from 6th!

Lowes on pole for moto 2 aswel! Should make a cracking days racing tomorrow

What a race! This year has been fantastic for a load of different results.
    So pleased for
    Suzuki and Vinales
    Tom O'Kane will be very pleased with that result.

• Advertisement

Did you think Marc's riding was just a bit too hard? I like hard racing but I think he pushed it a bit too hard today. He actually hit Cal's knee quite hard at one stage. You could see that he was angry when racing with Vale and that can be very dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Did you think Marc's riding was just a too hard? I like hard racing but I think he pushed it a bit too hard today. He actually hit Cal's knee quite hard at one stage. You could see that he was angry when racing with Vale and that can be very dangerous.

He has rode that way his whole career. He just behaved himself a bit this year, but when push comes to shove he gets dirty. He's a knacker in my opinion.

pablo128 wrote: »
    He has rode that way his whole career. He just behaved himself a bit this year, but when push comes to shove he gets dirty. He's a knacker in my opinion.

You have a good point there. Maybe he has just been well behaved for a while. He does ride too hard at times. Neither Vale or Cal were going to let him have his own way today though.

I can't help thinking given the way the season has been so far, I hope the rest of the season stays the same and interesting results keep on happening.

Anyone know the date for Motogp Silverstone 2017? I couldn't go this year because another lad in the job was going to electric picnic. If I can book the time off before he does(he's off for the next week) I can go next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Anyone know the date for Motogp Silverstone 2017? I couldn't go this year because another lad in the job was going to electric picnic. If I can book the time off before he does(he's off for the next week) I can go next year.

The calendar isn't finalised til around February each year. I think Silverstone was initially down for July this year but then changed to September. Sorry, not much help for your situation.

DaveD wrote: »
    The calendar isn't finalised til around February each year. I think Silverstone was initially down for July this year but then changed to September. Sorry, not much help for your situation.

Yeah it was a provisional date and then changed. I want to get one over on this fella if I'm honest. I'll book 2 or 3 dates if I have to. There was an element of sneakiness last time, in that we both could have gone on the separate events but there was no compromise on his side.

If anyone else has a rough idea of the weekend, I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Any word yet on Loris Baz and Pol Espagaro? Pol was stretchered off but looked like he would have been happy to walk away - I think. They were attending to Loris for quite a while before he was stretchered off into the ambulance - he gave a thumbs up but no more word yet on motogp.com

Could have been really, really nasty. First time I saw it it looked like the cartwheeling bikes had hit one or both riders :eek: on the replays it could be seen how lucky they were, especially as other riders at racing speed had to take avoiding action when they slid back onto the track.

They are going to have to look at the circuit design around Maggots/Becketts, perhaps a gravel trap or bring a barrier and air fence outwards. It shouldn't be possible to run off the track at corner X and the tangent you go off at puts you on a direct collision course with riders going through corner Y. The grass in between doesn't do much to slow down a bike or rider, especially if wet.

And yes I think Marquez's riding was too aggressive.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Any word yet on Loris Baz and Pol Espagaro?

Nothing on the usual social media sites that I can see yet.

Feel sorry for Laverty today. He started the first race so well and was up to second when it was red flagged. Really think he could have gotten a decent result today. Bradl hit him in the rear in the second race which seemed to knock him way down. Although he seemed to struggle a bit more and didn't have as good a start.

I really thought Marquez was on for a DNF today. He's been so calm and composed most of the season and happy to pick up points when things aren't going his way but today saw the old MM with his aggressive riding. Looks like he clipped the knee of Crutchlow when he overtook him and I'm sure he left a few tyre marks on VR's leathers!

This championship ain't decided yet. I reckon there's still a twist to come

Roll on Misano, I'm heading over on Thursday :)

Marquez was definitely risking it in the last 3rd of the race. I wasn't surprised he ran off the track and he was blessed he didn't lose more positions as a result.

I would have loved to see him try that aggressiveness with Iannone.

I've found out Silverstone definitely has the motogp for 2017. The provisional calendar will be announced at Aragon. I'm gonna chance booking the first weekend in September off work!

Any word yet on Loris Baz and Pol Espagaro? Pol was stretchered off but looked like he would have been happy to walk away - I think. They were attending to Loris for quite a while before he was stretchered off into the ambulance - he gave a thumbs up but no more word yet on motogp.com

Could have been really, really nasty. First time I saw it it looked like the cartwheeling bikes had hit one or both riders :eek: on the replays it could be seen how lucky they were, especially as other riders at racing speed had to take avoiding action when they slid back onto the track.

They are going to have to look at the circuit design around Maggots/Becketts, perhaps a gravel trap or bring a barrier and air fence outwards. It shouldn't be possible to run off the track at corner X and the tangent you go off at puts you on a direct collision course with riders going through corner Y. The grass in between doesn't do much to slow down a bike or rider, especially if wet.

And yes I think Marquez's riding was too aggressive.

Sore but okay.
    https://twitter.com/lorisbaz/status/772456544512405504

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/233362/1/baz-espargaro-escape-serious-injury.html
    They're sore but okay

I've found out Silverstone definitely has the motogp for 2017. The provisional calendar will be announced at Aragon. I'm gonna chance booking the first weekend in September off work!
    I'd guess the 1st to the 3rd alright. It seems to be the last weekend in August if it's near the 30th or early September.

I can't see Circuit Of Wales ever happening at this stage. Silverstone is good but I'd love to see Donnington again.

Silverstone is good but I'd love to see Donnington again.

Won't happen for GP anyway, the work required to bring the circuit up to scratch is just too much. The bikes need a huge runoff with the speeds they accelerate.
    I think lap times are similar to SBK but the GP bikes accelerate a lot harder between corners and on straights.
    I think Phillip Island is going to be fun with the Michelins this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Bit of argy bargy is good for the sport..nobody died ffs..people seem to forget (when it suits them) Rossi, Stoner Doohan etc....no angels any of them....only ones it seems to bother is you lot...:p

I have no complaints about the racing, hard but fair for the most part.
    I don't want it to go back to the 800 era where one guy went to the front and did time attacks on his own.
    This is proper racing and more importantly given the narrow window of operation of the tyres proper setup is vital.
    For years the Bridgestones were too good, they worked more or less everywhere Michelins work well when the right tyre is selected for the prevailing conditions.
    How many winners have we had this year already, Seven?
    Most previous years it was 3-4 if you were lucky.
    When did a privateer team last win before Jack Miller in Assen?
    Now LCR has one as well. Great for privateer teams.

• Advertisement

Of course hard racing is very important and it's what makes MotoGP great but Marc effectively crashed twice on Sunday with Vale and Cal and was just lucky enough to have big run offs in each incident to get away with it. He could have very easily taken Cal clean off the bike. Race as hard but only when you are in full control of your bike. I saying that neither Vale or Cal were too critical of his riding in Sunday.

Of course all the top riders race hard the have to. Two incidents annoyed me with Casey and really put me off the guy. One was when he punched RDP on the straight and the other when he cut across and brake checked Karel Abraham. There was no need for either of those.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Just a shame all of this is kind of overshadowing a fantastic ride from Vinales. Although the racing between Cal, Rossi and Marquez (and Iannone before he went off) stole the show.

Faugheen wrote: »
    Just a shame all of this is kind of overshadowing a fantastic ride from Vinales. Although the racing between Cal, Rossi and Marquez (and Iannone before he went off) stole the show.

He beat them by 5 seconds! That's a lifetime in racing. I am delighted he did it for Suzuki this year. Who knows how next year will go for them.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    He beat them by 5 seconds! That's a lifetime in racing. I am delighted he did it for Suzuki this year. Who knows how next year will go for them.

It seems to be a sweet handling machine. I think Iannone will do very well on it. And it would be a nice 'fcuk you' to Lorenzo for taking his Ducati seat. I can't see Lorenzo coming to terms with the Duke.

Faugheen wrote: »
    CJhaughey wrote: »
    A lot few people said he did not deserve the Yamaha seat. I think he proved them wrong. He will be right up there with the "Aliens"
    It seems to be a sweet handling machine. I think Iannone will do very well on it. And it would be a nice 'fcuk you' to Lorenzo for taking his Ducati seat. I can't see Lorenzo coming to terms with the Duke.
    I can't see Ducati taking too kindly to his temper tantrums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

Great ride by Pedrosa...
    Rossi had some support there..

Lorenzo threw his toys out of the pram. Again.
    http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/233540/1/rossilorenzo-in-postrace-verbal-spat.html
    Rossi shoud've leaned in and licked the salty tears from his face.

Great weekend of racing again. Great year.
    Lorenzo threw his toys out of the pram. Again.
    http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/233540/1/rossilorenzo-in-postrace-verbal-spat.html
    Rossi shoud've leaned in and licked the salty tears from his face.
    I've seen both Rossi and Lorenzo and most others overtake a lot harder than that.

https://twitter.com/motogp/status/775029854706147329

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Great weekend of racing again. Great year.
    I've seen both Rossi and Lorenzo and most others overtake a lot harder than that.

https://twitter.com/motogp/status/775029854706147329

im sick of lorenzo at this stage. he is a moany cun.......

have seen loads of riders make that kinda move all year but because it was rossi he moans.

delighted for pedrosa. excellent ride pity we dont see more victories from him

Advertisement