Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Transfer in Payet Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Thinking about shipping out KDB for Payet, it's getting hard to ignore all his blanks to be honest. 4 games with nothing, then he'll get a 16 pointer. Then 4 more games with nothing before he gets a double digit again. Granted, having him when he gets the big scores is always good but having a cheaper player who'll score the same amount of points, just not in a huge bunch like KDB has been doing, makes more sense imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd say he'll probably be in my team for the entire season, as I said I fancy City to score much more goals in the second half

Considering a KDB/Sanchez fixture favouring rotation policy for the rest of the season.

Ie. I see myself transferring between them frequently enough, not that one will be sitting on my bench ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, City in general have been quite poor away from home and have averaged only 1 goal per game, it is my very strong opinion that they will improve significantly on that for the remainder of the season and their most effective player besides Aguero for FPL terms is DeBruyne, he is still a very good player no matter what patch of grass he is playing on. I've seen someone here suggest that they might look for a player who rotates with him so they can bench him for away games, you don't spend 11m for a player to bench him half the time.

Pellegrini made a point the other day that City have played all their title rivals away in the first half of the season and now have them at home in the second half. I haven't looked into it in any depth but that may explain the poor away form somewhat.

It also means that they'll have the poorer teams away second half of the season so KDB may improve.

Plus they've one of the best players in the world, when fit, back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right. If I do Walcott to Payet as expected my front 8 will be:
    Ozil (liv)
    Mahrez (spurs)
    Arnie (NOR)
    Alli (LEI)
    Payet (bou)
    Agüero (EVE)
    Lukaku (mci)
    Kane (LEI)

So. Who to bench.

Alli and Arnie have form, the best fixtures of the midfield 5, and are at home. Unlikely to drop any of the front 3.

The logical answer on form and fixtures scares me immensely and I don't know if the scars have healed enough. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Ozil (liv)
    Mahrez (spurs)
    Arnie (NOR)
    Alli (LEI)
    Payet (bou)
    Agüero (EVE)
    Lukaku (mci)
    Kane (LEI)

So. Who to bench.

Alli and Arnie have form, the best fixtures of the midfield 5, and are at home. Unlikely to drop any of the front 3.

The logical answer on form and fixtures scares me immensely and I don't know if the scars have healed enough. :([/quote
    I will have same front 8 except possibly Willian for payet
    And at the moment it is indeed mahrez who will be benched !

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I will have same front 8 except possibly Willian for payet
    And at the moment it is indeed mahrez who will be benched !

Where's Mata?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Where's Mata?? :)

Sold him for Walcott 2 weeks back shud have kept him and saved the transfer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Who to bench this week between Butland (NOR) and Hennessey (avl)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

stephenl15 wrote: »

I'm playing Butland. Mainly as he's at home and after last weeks horror show for palace confidence must be low

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

stephenl15 wrote: »

I'd play Butters

• Advertisement

Ozil (liv)
    Mahrez (spurs)
    Arnie (NOR)
    Alli (LEI)
    Payet (bou)
    Agüero (EVE)
    Lukaku (mci)
    Kane (LEI)

So. Who to bench.

The logical answer on form and fixtures scares me immensely and I don't know if the scars have healed enough. :(

Anyone else want to tell me the truth that dare not speak its name? Or are yis too scared to say it out loud......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I have Mahrez on the bench, with the intention of playing Alli. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

People seem to be trying to make all their transfers already.
    Would it not be wise to wait until after next weekends FA cup games?

I have 2 FTs and my plan would be Vardy to Aguero and Mahrez or KDB to Payet but I'll wait until after the weekend to pull the trigger I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone else want to tell me the truth that dare not speak its name? Or are yis too scared to say it out loud......

Mahrez

Without Vardy, its very hard to be confident in his potential for returns and they are playing Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have 2 FTs so I'm thinking of:

Kolarov -> Wolly
    Walcott -> Payet
    Vardy -> Aguero

Due to a number of imminent rises/falls, I think I'm going to take a chance on doing transfers tonight. However, after Sunday I'm torn between Payet and Willian. Both have favourable fixtures, it's a tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Dempsey wrote: »
    Mahrez

Without Vardy, its very hard to be confident in his potential for returns and they are playing Spurs

+1

Mahrez is on my bench too after the captain fail at the weekend. He is being punished.

Hope he doesn't punish me with a big score now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Never scared ;)

I'm thinking about selling him this week. My Vardyless 2,2,2's have got me looking for another "living without Leicester" buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

it would be wise, but if ye want to cash in on price rises, now is the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Honestly can't decide on anything this week.

So confused as to what to do. I really want Aguero, but Ighalo's next three games are Soton (a), Swansea (a) and Newcastle (h). Not bad fixtures! Kane's are Leicester (h), Sunderland (h) and Palace (a).

Then I also need to decide on who to roll with between Payet and Willian. I really want Chelsea cover for their two next games. I think I may take a risk and if all goes to pot, use my wildcard in two GWs time.

EDIT: Screw it, going for a risk.

I've done Walcott -> Willian and Bellerin -> Adam Smith with my two transfers.

Aguero not close to a rise yet so gonna hold off on that until after the weekend. I'd like to think he won't be involved in the FA Cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Took a -8 mini wild card to set me up for the next few weeks
    DDG, Vardy, Hutton, Ramsey out
    Courtois, Aguero, Bennett, Payet in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd play Butters

mqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I wasn't going to use my wildcard,

Made 2 transfers at -4 and was happy with it.

Then I go to boards and all of a sudden my wild card is active:D

At least I won't have to worry about injuries and bans over the weekend, can easily replace before next deadline,

Team looks fine now and with some tasty fixtures ahead - Chelsea vs West Brom and Swansea against Sunderland at home in particular, I feel I can make some ground.

I hope we will not get punished by bringing the likes of Aguero and Costa back and believing in top teams getting the job done...

The only regret I have is not getting Payet in.
    Can't fit him in there at the moment. Just back from long break so might give him a week or two to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

To go forwards you first have to go backwards.

Ramsey -> Payet
    Vardy -> Aguero
    Kompany -> Alder

All for a (-8). I'll try to hold onto my WC until the DGW's. If you're reading this Busts, you can use my progress for your statistics.

Haven't pulled the trigger on Toby transfer yet, but am wary of his imminent price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

As much as I would consider and am tempted by other posters, I don't think I would change enough to justify a wildcard.
    Went with the following for a -4:

Vardy=>Kane
    Walcott=> Payet
    Kolarov=> Smith

Hate making transfers so early but will save a bit of value doing so. If the worst comes to the worst, my strong front 8 should cover any unwanted surprises.

Kane is killing me and he could cause huge damage to non owners in the next 2, even if he never performs when I own him.

Walcott had to go and I love Payet and he is fantastic to watch when you own him. He also has 2 weeks before he plays to get up to match speed.

As much as I love kolarov, I can't justify him in my team anymore at his price, and Smith is due a rise and seems to have secured his place, plus Bournemouth are solid enough at the back atm.

These transfers give me a front 8 of:
    Kdb - Payet - Alli - Mahrez - Ozil
    Aguero - Kane - Lukaku

While it brings the obvious selection dilemmas, I'm very happy with that setup for the near future. The only concern is Sanchez, but I'm 2 transfers away from him at any time. I can sort out my defence over the next few weeks, but I'm feeling happy with this team to start rising back up the rankings.

Just a thought on the wildcard discussion. Another suggestion may be to load up on dgw players using transfers and hits if necessary, and then using your wildcard to reshape your team or perhaps plan for another smaller dgw. Just a thought, and wildcards can sometimes cause more problems then they solve. There's no way of knowing what the best method is until the season is over. So many opinions on when to use it. I think it's best to use it when you feel is best. There's no right or wrong answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I guess nobody cares that the games are a bit further away and there is a small matter of a cup game too as Payet goes up anyway :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Transferred Payet in for Walcott last night before his price rise. Will keep the 2nd FT til before the gameweek deadline in case of injuries. Alli, a Chelsea mid, Sanchez and a Swansea mid (Ayew or Siggy) are all on my radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I have 2 FTs and my plan would be Vardy to Aguero and Mahrez or KDB to Payet but I'll wait until after the weekend to pull the trigger I think.

There's a number of ways to play the game I suppose, I'm in the wait and see camp myself for the past two seasons, it worked well last year so I'm sticking with it except in a couple of exceptional cases.

I'd be slow to dump Mahrez or KDB myself, who are your other midfielders?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

There's a number of ways to play the game I suppose, I'm in the wait and see camp myself for the past two seasons, it worked well last year so I'm sticking with it except in a couple of exceptional cases.

I'd be slow to dump Mahrez or KDB myself, who are your other midfielders?

In a similar boat myself with Mahrez and KDB - loathe to sell either of them as I suspect they're both experiencing a temporary dip in form rather than anything terminal.

Might bench Mahrez for the next game for Alli.

Finger still twitching over the transfer button for Giroud to Aguero. Got burned by Kun a couple of time this season so want to make sure his body is in full working order before i get him in. Have money in the bank so not too concerned about price rises

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Cartman78 wrote: »
    In a similar boat myself with Mahrez and KDB - loathe to sell either of them as I suspect they're both experiencing a temporary dip in form rather than anything terminal.

Might bench Mahrez for the next game for Alli.

Finger still twitching over the transfer button for Giroud to Aguero. Got burned by Kun a couple of time this season so want to make sure his body is in full working order before i get him in. Have money in the bank so not too concerned about price rises

Same boat exactly. Am also considering getting in Costa for Lukaku or Kane.

That would be a front 3 of

Kun, Costa, Kane/Lukaku

It could be excellent or terrible. My main fear with Costa is his ability to start a fight in an empty room (not seen anything like it since Craig Bellamy)

• Advertisement

I have one FT done last night (Walcott to Payet) leaving me as below with 1 FT remaining.

Courtois (McCarthy)
    Bellerin, Souare, Moreno, Alderwiereld, Evans
    Ozil, Payet, Mahrez, Arnie, Alli
    Kane, Aguero, Lukaku

3.5m in bank.

The defenders in bold are on the chopping block with Williams (SWA) the prime target for Bellerin, Smith or JOSh for Moreno.

Chelsea suddenly becoming flavour of the month complicates my plans a bit. Not sure whether (a) to punt on them given I'm chasing big time or (b) keep it simple and monitor Chelsea for another week.

(a) would involve Lukaku to Costa for a 2 week punt before getting Lukaku back in possibly for Kane.
    (b) would involve the sensible move of Bellerin (or Moreno) to Williams who has Sunderland at home this week and would improve my defenders clean sheet prospects for this week.

Risky or safe?

Or both for -4?

Advertisement