Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Transfer in Payet Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Same. Don't really know why I got him at the very beginning, just remember he looked a quality player and a serious lack of options at that price. It was him or Zaha I was stuck between. Thankfully made the right choice. Did you bench him for his hattrick too? :P

I remember Lemlin (of all people;)) was talking up Mahrez pre-season, maybe a few others as well, I wasn't convinced as I hadn't noticed him much during Leicester's great run in last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I was feckin weird that night, I was unbelievably pissed off and then even more pissed off when people said I deserved it for benching him. Haha he was the one person in the whole league I didn't want to score. First alert i get, boom, Mahrez goal, Then two more :( Well at least we had the advantage of having him in GW 1 for his haul then :D Thankfully I now have bench fodder 5th mid

I stayed offline all day and watched motd not knowing any scores! :(

Wife thought i was losing my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I remember Lemlin (of all people;)) was talking up Mahrez pre-season, maybe a few others as well, I wasn't convinced as I hadn't noticed him much during Leicester's great run in last year.

He looked Leicester's best player to me on a number of occasions last year. In fairness, Helen from Leicester had also tipped me off about him (she that also put forward Liam Moore) before the 2014/2015 season even started. He was Leicester's sole player at the World Cup last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    He looked Leicester's best player to me on a number of occasions last year. In fairness, Helen from Leicester had also tipped me off about him (she that also put forward Liam Moore) before the 2014/2015 season even started. He was Leicester's sole player at the World Cup last year!

Saucy housewives chat line??

Saucy housewives chat line??

From my former employer where I seemed to be able to find a supporter of every club in at least one of our three offices!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Helen from Leicester what a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone thinking of dumping Moreno just be aware he may have a DGW25 and isn't that expensive to bench for the next few

I wish someone had said this sooner lol

Helen from Leicester what a hero.

Now moved back to Leicester and rejoined the baby squad!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Now moved back to Leicester and rejoined the baby squad!

Is that their Firm?? :D

FHFC wrote: »
    Is that their Firm?? :D

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Exactly. He could become the first player ever that I've had GW1 to 38. We won't speak of a particular week he was on the bench....
    Same. Don't really know why I got him at the very beginning, just remember he looked a quality player and a serious lack of options at that price. It was him or Zaha I was stuck between. Thankfully made the right choice. Did you bench him for his hattrick too? :P
    Yeah. I think we were misery buddies that night! I went with Aguero from week 1 so i had about 7m for 4th mid and Mahrez was all that sprung out at that price. I was as chuffed watching that first MOTD as I was gutted the night of the hat trick.

Ha i think i avoided here that day, i wasn't at home, bur remembering seen the hattrik, i had convince myself that his good run was over and transferred him out during my WC - managed to lose out about 25 points over that decision (missed the 6 goals in those 3 GWs) - then i bought him back and all he's done is miss a penalty (thankfully he was on my bench), so for those reasons alone i don't think i'll be getting rid of him again unless he gets injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That's because he was nowhere near this form last year (even during their great run at the end of season). I know the results this season speak otherwise, but there was nothing in his stats during the run to suggest his form this year....
    bil0rk.png

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That's because he was nowhere near this form last year (even during their great run at the end of season). I know the results this season speak otherwise, but there was nothing in his stats during the run to suggest his form this year....
    bil0rk.png

I think he had a decent pre season and took a couple of pens. I had him in my team till about an hour before the deadline and changed him to matt Ritchie. If only I had access to Helen from accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Have Ighalo Kane and Lukaku up front but getting thoughts of bringing in the main man Aguero. Who could I possibly transfer out of the above three though? All so impressive. Have KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Fant11 wrote: »
    Have Ighalo Kane and Lukaku up front but getting thoughts of bringing in the main man Aguero. Who could I possibly transfer out of the above three though? All so impressive. Have KDB.

Tough call. I've a front 3 of Vardy Lukaku and Aguero and they're staying. I've never had your 2 but if I did I wouldn't be ditching them. Some players seem to be planning using transfers and changing a striker now and again over a run of GWs before deciding but this of course likely involves cashing in value......From the suggestion in the way you ordered them it looks a smart move as long as you don't mind paying the extra for Ighalo in 3 GWs say. Personally I would have Ighalo over Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone know when the double game week is?

Anyone know when the double game week is?

Definetly gw 34 and 37. There could be one in 25 for the lc finalists

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Fant11 wrote: »

Have the exact same problem and am leaning towards switching out Kane - however was hoping to hold on for some news of Lukaku's knock. If he were going to miss a couple of games, I would probably switch him out for Aguero even though he would be expensive to get back in.

Any update on Lukaku's injury guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have the exact same problem and am leaning towards switching out Kane - however was hoping to hold on for some news of Lukaku's knock. If he were going to miss a couple of games, I would probably switch him out for Aguero even though he would be expensive to get back in.

Any update on Lukaku's injury guys?

I've those three also and thinking Kane as I have Ali too. I don't think I'm going too decide till after the next fixtures tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Don't take Kane out until at least the next 2 fixtures are over IMO. Personally I was able to transfer out Vardy for Aguero for a frontline of Lukaku Aguero and Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Is Payet a better option than Arnautovic and Alli?

Yes. All day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Arnautovic, yes.

Alli, I wouldn't be convinced. The lad is playing a second striker in a scoring team.

I'd have Payet over him long term, but only just.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So far, I've done:

Ighalo -> Aguero
    Bellerin -> Smith
    Walcott -> Willian

For a -4.

I'm very tempted to wildcard, and bring in Costa for Lukaku for the next two weeks. Then bringing Lukaku back in for Kane. On top of that, I'd reverse the Willian transfer and bring in Payet instead, and it'd also allow me to have a bit of a clean up for a couple more transfer.

Gonna mull it over for the day, but Costa seems bang on form and the next two games should see plenty of chances for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Giroud to Aguero done....had Giroud for about a month and poor returns it has to be said. Not quite Pelle-level bad but disappointing all the same.

Also have Lukaku and Ighalo, and have strong midfield now so not too worried if Lukaku misses the next game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Don't take Kane out until at least the next 2 fixtures are over IMO. Personally I was able to transfer out Vardy for Aguero for a frontline of Lukaku Aguero and Kane.

I know where you are coming from but Kane has just been too inconsistent for me - could easily see him blanking the next two games, or maybe just scoring the one. Having said that, he could equally be on fire - so hard to know. A lot of solid striking options around now with Costa seemingly coming into form too. Still can't make up my mind! :o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Barks to Willian
    Lukaku to Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I know where you are coming from but Kane has just been too inconsistent for me - could easily see him blanking the next two games, or maybe just scoring the one. Having said that, he could equally be on fire - so hard to know. A lot of solid striking options around now with Costa seemingly coming into form too. Still can't make up my mind! :o:pac:

Costa is a sucker for yellows and never seems to be high up on the bps.

Chelsea defenders seem to get bps more often than not, even when it's 2/0

Welcome back to my team Kun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Everybody will be jumping on the Payet bandwagon
    Possibly Augero in for me. Kane out
    City at Home to an Everton team who can't keep cleanies

Advertisement