Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Transfer in Payet Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Have done Barkley to Willian. Giroud to Aguero will be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Having mentioned all the cup games upthread, I went and ignored my own advice. Got Costa and Payet in for Wally and Vardy -- had the exact money which I took as a sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Rikand wrote: »
    Would like to get Payet in, but dont want to transfer out any of my midfielders.

Arnie, Alli, KdB, Mahrez, Ozil.

Want to get Sanchez later too, but again, not sure who I'll take out :D

Exact same midfield as me. Can't drop Arnie ahead of Nor. Payet will have to wait.

Thinking of doing Vardy to Aguero. I have the exact money in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have 2ft....one will prob be KDB to Payet.

Am considering Butland to Cech as my 2nd move....am happy with rest of side.

Is that a bit of a sideways move?....Just feel for rest of season Arsenal May have better defensive record,

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Didn't see the match yesterday but Costa must have been something special. As of yesterday 1:25 the chap was an FPL write-off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »
    Didn't see the match yesterday but Costa must have been something special. As of yesterday 1:25 the chap was an FPL write-off.

You'd have to fancy Chelsea to be one of the top teams for the second half of the year, Costa is still a guaranteed starter at centre forward so he's going to attract attention on the back of a few goals.

You'd have to fancy Chelsea to be one of the top teams for the second half of the year, Costa is still a guaranteed starter at centre forward so he's going to attract attention on the back of a few goals.

I've been working off this logic since September, and again when Mourinho left and it was continually kicking me up the arse. Yesterday still an exception to the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

2 things

Hiddink seems to have dealt the midfield issue, i.e. Hiddink gets the best out of Mikel. Fabregas had that stability from Matic last season but it was absent this season. Yesterday, Fabregas was thriving again because of that change.

Costa is the focal point of their attack again, i.e. staying in the box more and less of the corner flags chasing seen under Mourinho this season. The reason for that, Hiddink sorted the midfield.

So as long as Hiddink can sustain a foil to Fabregas in the middle, the more reason to have Diego Costa.

I'm going to wait a little longer and see if a better team can disrupt that pairing.

Dempsey wrote: »
    2 things

Hiddink seems to have dealt the midfield issue, i.e. Hiddink gets the best out of Mikel. Fabregas had that stability from Matic last season but it was absent this season. Yesterday, Fabregas was thriving again because of that change.

Costa is the focal point of their attack again, i.e. staying in the box more and less of the corner flags chasing seen under Mourinho this season. The reason for that, Hiddink sorted the midfield.

So as long as Hiddink can sustain a foil to Fabregas in the middle, the more reason to have Diego Costa.

I'm going to wait a little longer and see if a better team can disrupt that pairing.
    Interesting. I'm going to have to watch at least highlights of this. I just don't think he can take one of Kane or Lukaku's place given he is over 1 million more expensive than them. I can't see myself going away from a Lukaku/Kane/Aguero strikeforce, with the exception of Ighalo when fixtures become less nasty. Kane to Ighalo seems like something I might do when their fixtures both change direction. Can't see where I'd fit Costa in. Willian is someone I'd like but again I can't free up a space for him with Ozil/Mahrez/KDB/Alli/Payet seemingly destined to be my midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have already used my 2 FTs to get Aguero in but considering going to -8 to sort my defence. Want rid of Moreno and McCarthy. Hennessey and Williams the likely replacements. Don't think I need wholesale changes through the squad so a well calculated hit might do the job and help me freshen things up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Costa and Oscar linked up very well yesterday, there's goals for Costa for the rest of the season imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chelsea are now averaging 2 goals a game without jose. Granted it's only been 4 games.Oscar is the player most interesting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Have already used my 2 FTs to get Aguero in but considering going to -8 to sort my defence. Want rid of Moreno and McCarthy. Hennessey and Williams the likely replacements. Don't think I need wholesale changes through the squad so a well calculated hit might do the job and help me freshen things up.

Why not wait to get rid of McCarthy some other week? Who is your other keeper that makes you want to do it this week?
    Also, can you just leave Moreno on the bench this week, and transfer him out over the coming weeks.
    Sounds like you are taking a -8 just to freshen up your bench

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Interesting. I'm going to have to watch at least highlights of this. I just don't think he can take one of Kane or Lukaku's place given he is over 1 million more expensive than them. I can't see myself going away from a Lukaku/Kane/Aguero strikeforce, with the exception of Ighalo when fixtures become less nasty. Kane to Ighalo seems like something I might do when their fixtures both change direction. Can't see where I'd fit Costa in. Willian is someone I'd like but again I can't free up a space for him with Ozil/Mahrez/KDB/Alli/Payet seemingly destined to be my midfield.

If one was feeling very punty the next 2 games would be a chance to swap Lukaku to Costa. I'm not really considering it as it would be a huge risk and the cost to buy back Lukaku for me is 0.5m, and his price is not going to drop any time soon.

Chelsea are now averaging 2 goals a game without jose. Granted it's only been 4 games.Oscar is the player most interesting me.

Yeah surprised Oscar not getting more of a mention

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Why not wait to get rid of McCarthy some other week? Who is your other keeper that makes you want to do it this week?
    Also, can you just leave Moreno on the bench this week, and transfer him out over the coming weeks.
    Sounds like you are taking a -8 just to freshen up your bench

McCarthy is going to drop again and Hennessey is rising so I'm just going to do that switch. Myhill is my other keeper and I don't want to play him at Chelsea. Moreno will be benched this week for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Exact same midfield as me. Can't drop Arnie ahead of Nor. Payet will have to wait.

Thinking of doing Vardy to Aguero. I have the exact money in the bank.

Thinking the same re: Payet .

I already have Aguero. With Lukaku and Ighalo.

Think I'll just spend my remaining transfer further tidying up my defense...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have 2ft....one will prob be KDB to Payet.

Am considering Butland to Cech as my 2nd move....am happy with rest of side.

Is that a bit of a sideways move?....Just feel for rest of season Arsenal May have better defensive record,

Any advice appreciated.

Bump:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rikand wrote: »
    Thinking the same re: Payet .

I already have Aguero. With Lukaku and Ighalo.

Think I'll just spend my remaining transfer further tidying up my defense...

Same on payet
    Artie has 2 home games whilst payet has 2 away games
    Keeping the money in the bank for it.........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah surprised Oscar not getting more of a mention
    HE seems to do this every year do doesn't he? Few goals/assists in a month then quietens down again.

Edit: Also, so many good midfield options right now (Ozil/Mahrez/KDB/Arnie/Payet/Alli/Sanchez etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Bump:)

KdB may benefit from Kun's return now. I can understand why you want rid of him, given his inconsistency, but it isn't inconceivable that he could post a couple of double-digit scores over the next few games.

Tough call regarding the keepers. Cech will play every single game for you til seasons end and it would have to be said that Arsenal would be favoured to keep more clean sheets than Stoke over the remainder of the season given that they are title contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any ideas on why Mannone is in for Panti and any thoughts on whether he's worth a punt, would free up some cash!

Then theres the question of do u go for Elliot (4), Mannone (4.3) or Hennessy (4.1)?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    HE seems to do this every year do doesn't he? Few goals/assists in a month then quietens down again.

Edit: Also, so many good midfield options right now (Ozil/Mahrez/KDB/Arnie/Payet/Alli/Sanchez etc)

Yeah I'm more talking in the context of us wanting to possibly get back into Chelsea's attack. Hazard is too dear (and injury prone lately) to risk and Costa is also expensive and there is even more competition for your 3 forward spots. I'd have Oscar over Willian personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If KDB is going to deliver, it's going to be at Home, so maybe wait until after this game before getting rid. Most of his goals/assists/points have been earned at home.

Pter wrote: »
    If KDB is going to deliver, it's going to be at Home, so maybe wait until after this game before getting rid. Most of his goals/assists/points have been earned at home.

Coincidence no doubt, I think it's crazy to suggest a player like that can't perform away from home, city will score an awful lot of goals from here on in, home and away, I think DeBruyne is still value and could well be the top performing midfielder between now and week 38. I also think that he is a captaincy option in a way that Ozil isn't.

How is it crazy? On away games the most he has scored is a 7, with 2 or 3 being more frequent. On Home games, he has had a couple of 2's, but more often he has been close to or above 10's.

It might not be him - the manager could be setting him up differently away from home - i don't know. I do know that a total of 1 assist away from home and 12 (IIRC) other contributions at home suggests it's more than coincidence. He overwhelmingly contributes more at home.

That being said, he could go on a spree of away contributions - but that would be contrary to form.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, City in general have been quite poor away from home and have averaged only 1 goal per game, it is my very strong opinion that they will improve significantly on that for the remainder of the season and their most effective player besides Aguero for FPL terms is DeBruyne, he is still a very good player no matter what patch of grass he is playing on. I've seen someone here suggest that they might look for a player who rotates with him so they can bench him for away games, you don't spend 11m for a player to bench him half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

you don't spend 11m for a player to bench him half the time.

This. You are better off spending the money on two mid-priced players who rotate than on a premium that you'll bench for every away game.

Oh i do agree - i won't be hanging on to him for long. I am just saying MAYBE hold on to him for the next couple of home matches City have.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Oh i do agree - i won't be hanging on to him for long. I am just saying MAYBE hold on to him for the next couple of home matches City have.

I'd say he'll probably be in my team for the entire season, as I said I fancy City to score much more goals in the second half

Advertisement