Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Transfer in Payet Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I wish everybody would stop transferring in aguero now please

Ye didn't want him at his worst ye don't deserve him at his best etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Still want to give Aguero a week or two. Still, my plan of bringing in Costa to tide me over has been dented a bit. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

So in the end I went with selling Bellerin instead of Kolarov. Twas a tough enough decision to make as I think Arsenal's defence is a bit better but is underperforming, however, Arsenal's tougher fixtures (they've similar form I think) and already having Cech tilted the scales.
    I really do need to look at defensive fixtures to sort out my overpriced defence though. There are a lot of good cheap options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Two free tranfser and need to focus on my defense.
    My defense is as follows.

Myhill McCarthy
    Alderweireld Soure Bellerin Dawson Targett

McCarthy and Targett have drained alot of value out of me but I always had other pressing concerns to take care of.

Options I am looking at are:

1. Fabinski and Smith in for Myhill or McCarthy and Targett.

2. Adrian and Williams in for Myhill or McCarthy and Targett.

Any preference or better alternatives? Trying to figure out best West Ham/Swansea combination for now with an eye on Bournemouths Smith/Daniels. Bellerin is also one I am watching and may get him out in next week or so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hmm... with Costa and Lukaku flagged I may have to play my All Out Defence chip...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

Hey!

My current squad for GW21:

Butland
    Moreno, Alderweireld, Bellerin
    Alli, KDB, Mahrez, Arnie (c), Ozil
    Lukaku, Kane

Hennessey - Giroud, R. Bennet, Simpson.

I have 2 FTs and 5,2 ITB.

After GW20 I picked that team, gave Arnie an armband, decided not to hurry about transfers and log out.
    It is time now to think about some modifications. I have to use transfer point to not lose it. At the begining I had good feeling about geting in Cresswell for Moreno. And I'm really tempted to do this... However this move makes that I cant afford to make later this moves:

Arnie -> Payet
    Giroud -> Aguero

I have decided not to rush for Aguero, especially that previous move was connected with Wild Card (November) and it completely failed. However it seems that he is only getting better (HEALTHY! :o) with game time and (as it happens with him) I cant afford not having him if he decide to feed some goalie with his performance ;)

Payet however could be really big diffrential in comming weeks. I have seen some statistics that he has created more chances in 30 minutes against LFC than any other midfielder. How was his performance in Cup game? :)

So? What to do? Any ideas? :) I would appreciate some.

And with that Arnie Armband.. I always do that after GW, and later fly through some topics, posts, polls and change my mind. It not always repay, as my first choice outscore my 'well considered' one.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have gone for the below but think I'm regretting it already! :eek:

Vardy -> Aguero
    KDB ->Payet
    Bellerin -> Soaure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hmm... with Costa and Lukaku flagged I may have to play my All Out Defence chip...

you mean the Pulisball chip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

Fenson wrote: »
    Arnie -> Payet
    Giroud -> Aguero

I'm in the same boat, but I don't have the same flexibility as yourself.
    My forwards are Ighalo, Kane and Lukaku. It's hard to consider offloading any of them for an injury prone Aguero, but he is exactly the type of player to punish non-owners.

I can do Mahrez to Payet, or Kane to Aguero, but not both without taking a hit to offload a defender, or wildcarding.

Decisions, desicions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Looking for a short term mid priced mid for the next two fixtures before I get Payer back in. Siggy, Willian and Arnie are the 3 I'm looking at. What's the best option here? Could also bring Payet in now but unsure as he has two away fixtures and not 100 percent yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fant11 wrote: »
    Looking for a short term mid priced mid for the next two fixtures before I get Payer back in. Siggy, Willian and Arnie are the 3 I'm looking at. What's the best option here? Could also bring Payet in now but unsure as he has two away fixtures and not 100 percent yet.

If you want Payet I wouldn't be afraid of getting him in ahead of away games vs 2 of the poorer defences. West Hams away form has been good, and in the first 11 GWs before he got injured Payets away returns were also good. 40 FPL pts at home vs 33 away. Only 3 blanks altogether, 1 home and 2 away, returning in 4 out of 6 away games.

Fitness wise he has had 2 x 25min runs out, he might not be 100% but he's looked sharp and been creating chances. Unlucky not to have at least 1 assist vs Liverpool.

Otherwise, if you are set on holding off, as a punt I really fancy Siggy. His stats have been superb since the caretaker - whose name I can never remember - came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

FHFC wrote: »
    Otherwise, if you are set on holding off, as a punt I really fancy Siggy. His stats have been superb since the caretaker - whose name I can never remember - came in.

I'll second this. Siggy really looks to have upped his game lately. It would be a punt, but a worthwhile one I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

My expensive defence and bringing in Payet and Alli has now left me unable to bring in Aguero. Hopefully I can remain without him for a GW or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Am in a bit of a conundrum in terms of which 4 midfielders to play:

Any advice/thoughts appreciated

Butland
    Dann Wollscheid Alderweireld
    De Bruyne Mahrez Alli Özil
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Subs: Hennessey Payet Dawson Simpson

I'm currently looking at subbing Payet as it might take a while for him to regain full fitness.

Theres a possibility that Lukaku might be rested and then it would become a moot point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

2.0m in the bank and 2 FT. Vardy has to go anyway, who would ye advise? Kane seems obvious choice?

v3LT3R3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

2.0m in the bank and 2 FT. Vardy has to go anyway, who would ye advise? Kane seems obvious choice?

In addition to that, maybe look at upgrading one of the options on your bench? Maybe JOS to Scott Dann or something like that....?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bilic: "Payet has come back and is fit. He is looking good and sharp when he's come on. I think 99 per cent he will start tomorrow." #WHUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

v3LT3R3.jpg

Your GK situation is a bigger concern with McCarthy not starting and Foster back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Would really appreciate advice on this one. My head is wrecked.

42mlMsL.png

Need to replace Vardy, and was intending on going to Costa, until his knock. Also screwed up by bringing in Payet without thinking. If I'd brought in Alli instead, I'd have enough to go Vardy->Aguero. Now I dont. I have one FT left and £4m in the bank.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Best website to use to check underlying player stats(touches inside box,etc)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

keano_afc wrote: »
    Would really appreciate advice on this one. My head is wrecked.

42mlMsL.png

Need to replace Vardy, and was intending on going to Costa, until his knock. Also screwed up by bringing in Payet without thinking. If I'd brought in Alli instead, I'd have enough to go Vardy->Aguero. Now I dont. I have one FT left and £4m in the bank.

Any ideas?

Hold? Francis is a decent sub this GW. If Costa isn't fit for midweek he should be by the weekend. If you really want to make a transfer you could bring a more regular starter in for Anya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

with Costa and Lukaku doubtful thinking of playing this team below. does anyone think its Wise or foolish?

0WvOj4a.png
    0WvOj4a

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

with Costa and Lukaku doubtful thinking of playing this team below. does anyone think its Wise or foolish?

Set your team up how you want to and let autosub sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

F1ngers wrote: »
    Set your team up how you want to and let autosub sort it out.
    good point ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Really struggling with who to drop for tomorrow night, but I am thinking of dropping Kane as I cant see a midfielder who to drop instead of him

7qchQjc.png

I might drop Alli for him, but a bit of a tight call

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

FHFC wrote: »
    Bilic: "Payet has come back and is fit. He is looking good and sharp when he's come on. I think 99 per cent he will start tomorrow." #WHUFC

Bilic being a real bro for FPL managers. If only the rest were like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Really struggling with who to drop for tomorrow night, but I am thinking of dropping Kane as I cant see a midfielder who to drop instead of him

Alli's done well recently, but you have to be starting Kane ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bench Mahrez or Ali?

Have Kane amd Alderweireld from Spurs playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »
    Bench Mahrez or Ali?

Have Kane amd Alderweireld from Spurs playing.

i'm benching Alli. Mahrez has scored a hell of alot in away games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

7qchQjc.png

I'd 100% play kane over Alli Payet Ozil willian and ighalo

Advertisement