Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Transfer in Payet Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hmmm...
    I can do Lukaku -> Aguero and Barkley -> Payet
    or
    I can do Vardy -> Aguero, Barkley -> Payet and Kolarov to someone under ~5.3 for a -4

so eh... in line with the thread title, Payet will definitely be coming in.
    I didn't see any of the games earlier, did Aguero look sharp? How did Vardy look?
    I'll be waiting til at least Monday before doing anything anyway but I'd appreciate any input.

Aguero didn't look sharp, per se, but he was getting in some good positions - positions he will profit from when he's fully up to speed. He didn't have the extra yard of quickness to get away from a defender like he normally would.

His finish for the goal was outstanding though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Hmmm...
    I can do Lukaku -> Aguero and Barkley -> Payet
    or
    I can do Vardy -> Aguero, Barkley -> Payet and Kolarov to someone under ~5.3 for a -4

so eh... in line with the thread title, Payet will definitely be coming in.
    I didn't see any of the games earlier, did Aguero look sharp? How did Vardy look?
    I'll be waiting til at least Monday before doing anything anyway but I'd appreciate any input.

Well if Jamie Vardy has destroyed some players by not getting him in, then I could say the same about Lukaku :pac:

I've been looking to get him in for quite some time since his form shows no sign of stopping. I definitely wouldn't be getting rid of him. Option 2 for me. Kolarov's place isn't entirely cemented either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dempsey wrote: »
    Drink is gonna ruin my fpl team :pac:

Vardy out for Aguero!!

Well I'll be damned.

Welcome to last season! Bout time you got here. ;)

Barring injuries

Out - Walcott & Mane ( i get fooled every-fùcking-time )

In - Payet & Alexis Sanchez

Disappointed so many people are switched on to Payet already. Was hoping to get 2-3 games out of him before the masses joined back in.

Hopefully it's only boardsies who are switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

FHFC wrote: »
    Well I'll be damned.

Welcome to last season! Bout time you got here. ;)

Haha, its the twilight zone where i do exactly what i argue against! :pac:

It was more the case that Vardy had to go.

I saw enough tonight convince me that i should get him over Kane but i wont be giving him the armband easily. 4 captaincy fails out of 6 this season from him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have 2 FTs so I'm thinking of:

Kolarov -> Wolly
    Walcott -> Payet
    Vardy -> Aguero

For a -4. It would leave me with 0.2 ITB so I'm going to have to watch prices closely over the next few days - something I haven't been doing lately. I'd rather wait until after the cup games if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Barring injuries

Out - Walcott & Mane ( i get fooled every-fùcking-time )

In - Payet & Alexis Sanchez

Disappointed so many people are switched on to Payet already. Was hoping to get 2-3 games out of him before the masses joined back in.

Hopefully it's only boardsies who are switched on.

Payet is increasing at a rate of 5% per hour so I'd say the general masses are getting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Payet is increasing at a rate of 5% per hour so I'd say the general masses are getting him.

Yeah I don't think he's gonna be a differential. He was highly owned and delivering for people before he got injured. Well on most people's radar to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,049 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think he's gonna be a differential. He was highly owned and delivering for people before he got injured. Well on most people's radar to get in.

A lot of people won't alert themselves to his presence until he has scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I have 2 FTs so I'm thinking of:

Kolarov -> Wolly
    Walcott -> Payet
    Vardy -> Aguero

For a -4. It would leave me with 0.2 ITB so I'm going to have to watch prices closely over the next few days - something I haven't been doing lately. I'd rather wait until after the cup games if possible.

Don't dismiss Cameron instead of Wolly. The 2 cup semi-final games will use up most of his suspension and Hughes said they would appeal the sending off. This could give you more play with your budget and he has been selected in midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Costa was as good as he's been in a long time. I think this is Chelsea's turning point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Have 2 FTs. One will definitely be Walcott -> Payet.

As much as I want Aguero, I am VERY tempted to have a two week punt on Diego Costa, before then moving on to Aguero. Chelsea play West Brom and Everton at home in their next two games, and Aguero still doesn't look up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Could easily be 6 or 7 here, I think willian is the best value into the Chelsea attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I have Zouma but I wouldn't be in a rush to bring him in.
    In the 3 games since Hiidink took over Cahill started the first and was injured for the next 2.
    He'll be back by next GW and it remains to be seen if it will be him or Zouma beside Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

I know this has been asked numerous times but what is the best site to track rises / drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

mccard wrote: »
    I know this has been asked numerous times but what is the best site to track rises / drops?

http://fplstatistics.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

mccard wrote: »

Essential FPL resources 2015/16
    This thread in the FSA is excellent.

In order to get Kun in I need to downgrade either Kane, Lukaku/Vardy, KdB or Ozil. I have 3.1m itb.

Looking at the fixture Ozil is jumping out at me although he is in great form.

Can do 1 of these options:

A) Kane/Lukaku & Ozil -> Aguero & Payet

B) Vardy & KdB -> Aguero & Payet

C) Lukaku, Vardy & Moreno -> Aguero, Ighalo & 4.4m Def for -8.

D) Lukaku & Bellerin -> Aguero & 4.7m Def.

Looking increasingly like option D now for me.

Any advice would be appreciated guys? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd go with option B if anything, KDB will explode for one game and do nothing for the next 2 or 3. You'd be mad to get rid of Ozil or Lukaku especially when both are outscoring Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Was thinking about shipping out Alli for Payet instead of Gosling, just so I'd have a bit more cash in the pocket after I do it. That plan is out the window now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I'm thinking off De Bruyne, Walcott and Vardy out < Payet, Arnie and Aguero in for a -4?? Have exactly the right amount for it.

Would leave me with a front 8 of:

Ozil Payet Arnie Alli Mahrez

Kane Lukaku Aguero

Option B is for a -8. Walcott, Alder, Vardy and Kane out for Payet, Walker, Aguero and Ighalo which would leave me with:

Ozil Payet KDB Alli Mahrez

Aguero Lukaku Ighalo

Option A or B? Would appreciate some advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

that Kane lukaku aguero wildcard front line is VERY tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

km79 wrote: »
    that Kane lukaku aguero wildcard front line is VERY tempting

I have it, am happy with it, but Costa Lukaku Aguero might even be a step up from that if you have Alli.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Wrong thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I have exactly the amount to do Vardy & kdb > Aguero & Alli

BUT... I can't do it as it will leave me with 4 Spurs players.

Worth taking another hit to move lloris/dier out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ok. I've two FTs, current team is as follows:

De Gea, McCarthy
    Bellerin, Alderweireld, Dawson, Simpson, Nyom
    De Bruyne, Mahrez, Alli, Ozil, Walcott
    Kane, Lukaku, Ighalo

Currently have 4.9m in the bank.

Players for the chopping block:

Bellerin, Walcott, De Gea

Players I want in:

Stoke defender, Aguero, Costa, Payet

I'm currently 0.1m off the following transfers (Could go Adam Smith instead of Wollscheid):

De Gea -> Hennessey, Bellerin -> Wollscheid, Walcott -> Payet, Ighalo -> Aguero, Kane -> Costa.

I'm currently ranked about 70k and feel these transfers could let me get ahead of the crowd and shoot me up the rankings.

Do people think a wildcard is worth it or would I be better off slow playing it and doing it over the next couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Payet , Willian and Smith(Bou) in for Dawson, Mahrez and Barkley.
    If it doesnt get me points , it should make a few quid on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

lougal88 wrote: »
    In order to get Kun in I need to downgrade either Kane, Lukaku/Vardy, KdB or Ozil. I have 3.1m itb.

Looking at the fixture Ozil is jumping out at me although he is in great form.

Can do 1 of these options:

A) Kane/Lukaku & Ozil -> Aguero & Payet

B) Vardy & KdB -> Aguero & Payet

C) Lukaku, Vardy & Moreno -> Aguero, Ighalo & 4.4m Def for -8.

D) Lukaku & Bellerin -> Aguero & 4.7m Def.

Looking increasingly like option D now for me.

Any advice would be appreciated guys? :D
    Option B as well for me. Although something that might be interesting would be:

Kane - Aguero
    Vardy - Ighalo

That should be possible, but Payet in is a must for me, so B is the most preferable.

I had 2FT'd last week and nothing major to do. It's amazing how one's whole team can suddenly turn to garbage. I feel like wildcarding to get in Lukaku, Aguero, Payet, Alder and Alli. Maybe even Sanchez as well. It could leave my team in a very bad shape for the last quarter however.

Actually, that idea is tempting me a lot now! Just did a two minute draft:

Butland Gomes
    McAuley Cresswell/Alder Souare Bellerin Bertie
    Mahrez Arnie Payet Alli Özil
    Lukaku Aguero Ighalo

Could do Arnie to Sanchez and downgrade a defender as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Payet , Willian and Smith(Bou) in for Dawson, Mahrez and Barkley.
    If it doesnt get me points , it should make a few quid on them

Madness to get our of Mahrez!

• Advertisement

Option B as well for me. Although something that might be interesting would be:

Kane - Aguero
    Vardy - Ighalo

That should be possible, but Payet in is a must for me, so B is the most preferable.

I had 2FT'd last week and nothing major to do. It's amazing how one's whole team can suddenly turn to garbage. I feel like wildcarding to get in Lukaku, Aguero, Payet, Alder and Alli. Maybe even Sanchez as well. It could leave my team in a very bad shape for the last quarter however.

Actually, that idea is tempting me a lot now! Just did a two minute draft:

Butland Gomes
    McAuley Cresswell/Alder Souare Bellerin Bertie
    Mahrez Arnie Payet Alli Özil
    Lukaku Aguero Ighalo

Could do Arnie to Sanchez and downgrade a defender as well.

I'm really torn between a few of these options...

Don't really wanna dump Kane with 2 home games against Leicester and Sunderland.
    Lukaku has 2 tough away games.

Is Payet that important to get in straight away? Might need a few weeks to get back to full sharpness. Also need to get rid of poison Moreno...

Advertisement