Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Transfer in Payet Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

FHFC wrote: »
    I have one FT done last night (Walcott to Payet) leaving me as below with 1 FT remaining.

Courtois (McCarthy)
    Bellerin, Souare, Moreno, Alderwiereld, Evans
    Ozil, Payet, Mahrez, Arnie, Alli
    Kane, Aguero, Lukaku

3.5m in bank.

The defenders in bold are on the chopping block with Williams (SWA) the prime target for Bellerin, Smith or JOSh for Moreno.

Chelsea suddenly becoming flavour of the month complicates my plans a bit. Not sure whether (a) to punt on them given I'm chasing big time or (b) keep it simple and monitor Chelsea for another week.

(a) would involve Lukaku to Costa for a 2 week punt before getting Lukaku back in possibly for Kane.
    (b) would involve the sensible move of Bellerin (or Moreno) to Williams who has Sunderland at home this week and would improve my defenders clean sheet prospects for this week.

Risky or safe?

Or both for -4?

How much will you lose on Rom?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

How much will you lose on Rom?

0.5m

A big enough downside. I wouldn't expect him to drop much, if at all, over the next 2 GWs.

There is a good chance of Costa outscoring him though, and my TV is good and the flexibility of banking the value gained on Lukaku and being able to rotate him in and out for the rest of the season is no harm.

Its not a plan I'd really be considering if I wasn't at more than 700k OR.

0.5m

A big enough downside. I wouldn't expect him to drop much, if at all, over the next 2 GWs.

There is a good chance of Costa outscoring him though, and my TV is good and the flexibility of banking the value gained on Lukaku and being able to rotate him in and out for the rest of the season is no harm.

Still a big loss if you're planning on getting him back in 2 weeks thou? if he scores either weekend he could also go up.

I've watched a lot of him this season and he looks the complete package now, in the games he's scored he's also rattle the post and bar quite a few times too, with his link up play being superb now too I think for me he's a season keeper.

Pre Wildcard and I've managed to squeeze in Lukaku Costa and Aguero, an I'd hope they will do me till dgws. I have no love for Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

0.5m

Still a big loss if you're planning on getting him back in 2 weeks thou? if he scores either weekend he could also go up.

I've watched a lot of him this season and he looks the complete package now, in the games he's scored he's also rattle the post and bar quite a few times too, with his link up play being superb now too I think for me he's a season keeper.

Pre Wildcard and I've managed to squeeze in Lukaku Costa and Aguero, an I'd hope they will do me till dgws. I have no love for Kane.

Strong front three. What did you have to weaken to make that happen? Midfield or Defense?

Yeah wise words. I think that was veering firmly into the "trying to be too clever" bracket. Monitoring Chelsea will do for now.

Arnie to Oscar an option from next week....

• Advertisement

Big Borg wrote: »
    Strong front three. What did you have to weaken to make that happen? Midfield or Defense?

I suppose my midfield doesnt have any very expensive players but I'm still happy with it, I may need to free up quite a bit of cash if Sanchez or KDB become essential, but I can hopefully transfer out Mignolet + Kolarov and Walcott to facilitate that.

21agygg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Cartman78 wrote: »
    In a similar boat myself with Mahrez and KDB - loathe to sell either of them as I suspect they're both experiencing a temporary dip in form rather than anything terminal.

Might bench Mahrez for the next game for Alli.

KDB'S form is fairly steady. 3 poor games for every excellent return.
    He's averaging less than 6 points per game but has increased 0.9m thanks to those rare peaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Big Borg wrote: »

I suppose my midfield doesnt have any very expensive players but I'm still happy with it, I may need to free up quite a bit of cash if Sanchez or KDB become essential, but I can hopefully transfer out Mignolet + Kolarov and Walcott to facilitate that.

21agygg.png

Very solid team.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

lad I got in the cup has mata :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

There's a number of ways to play the game I suppose, I'm in the wait and see camp myself for the past two seasons, it worked well last year so I'm sticking with it except in a couple of exceptional cases.

I'd be slow to dump Mahrez or KDB myself, who are your other midfielders?

Ozil, Alli and D Fletcher ( I don't like the strong front 8 and prefer to keep fletcher)

I have enough cash for Vardy to Aguero but with only a million left over I can't directly swap Mahrez to Payet as well. However I can easily downgrade a defender to free that cash up...
    I genuinely think Leicester are on a big downturn and selling Mahrez this week will return a top of the market price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

km79 wrote: »

I let out quite a loud snort of laughter reading that :D

I'm tempted to buy and captain him now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

PARlance wrote: »
    KDB'S form is fairly steady. 3 poor games for every excellent return.
    He's averaging less than 6 points per game but has increased 0.9m thanks to those rare peaks.

To be fair it's 5.9 ppg, the only two mids who have a higher average (guess who??) have risen 1.5m and 1.7m.

I've been a big supporter of KDB from day 1 and for that reason I'm coming out in support, he's a class act and will be a huge point scorer for years in FPL, I just don't buy into the argument that he can't do it away from home, he's been a little unlucky is all, even against Watford I can recall one great save that Gomes made from him after a great move involving Silva and himself. I looked at his stats yesterday somewhere and he has created as much good chances away from home (almost) as he has at home.
    To be honest I'm always delighted when a player I rate highly is being transferred out by good players, however I also like to be able to imply that I told ye so;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »

Mata is going to knock you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I have enough cash for Vardy to Aguero but with only a million left over I can't directly swap Mahrez to Payet as well. However I can easily downgrade a defender to free that cash up... I genuinely think Leicester are on a big downturn and selling Mahrez this week will return a top of the market price.

I'm selling Mahrez in my wildcard. He should keep returning points but I think there are better options now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

spock. wrote: »
    I'm selling Mahrez in my wildcard. He should keep returning points but I think there are better options now.

I let Vardez know what you were contemplating. Their response was a bit like :

azz7mza.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Whatever about Vardy, I got rid a good few weeks ago now and have no regrets. Mahrez would be a big mistake to remove in my opinion, he's still on penalties and in the form he's been in there's no chance that any other midfielder will provide as much bang for buck.

Whatever about Vardy, I got rid a good few weeks ago now and have no regrets. Mahrez would be a big mistake to remove in my opinion, he's still on penalties and in the form he's been in there's no chance that any other midfielder will provide as much bang for buck.

Exactly. He could become the first player ever that I've had GW1 to 38. We won't speak of a particular week he was on the bench....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is he definitely on penalties still do people reckon? Vardy's penalty against Watford was pretty emphatic!

Walcott out Payet in.

Jobs a good un.

(fingers crossed)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is he definitely on penalties still do people reckon? Vardy's penalty against Watford was pretty emphatic!

He took(and missed) a penalty against Bournemouth.
    Vardy only got that penalty against Watford due to streak and crowd pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

+1

At the price most got him he is irreplaceable imo, looks a better player than Vardy amd has that but of magic in his locker to deliver points all season long.

SantryRed wrote: »
    F1ngers wrote: »
    He took(and missed) a penalty against Bournemouth.
    Vardy only got that penalty against Watford due to streak and crowd pressure.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leicester-city/news/riyad-mahrez-to-stay-on-penalty-duty_263389.html#$$o0hodm&&OHXIOrPNEeWynRLQBt+LhQ$$

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

2ft made but keeping them stum for now as tje Harps CL knockout is up next and could be facing a Boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I have one FT done last night (Walcott to Payet) leaving me as below with 1 FT remaining.

Courtois (McCarthy)
    Bellerin, Souare, Moreno, Alderwiereld, Evans
    Ozil, Payet, Mahrez, Arnie, Alli
    Kane, Aguero, Lukaku

3.5m in bank.

The defenders in bold are on the chopping block with Williams (SWA) the prime target for Bellerin, Smith or JOSh for Moreno.

Chelsea suddenly becoming flavour of the month complicates my plans a bit. Not sure whether (a) to punt on them given I'm chasing big time or (b) keep it simple and monitor Chelsea for another week.

(a) would involve Lukaku to Costa for a 2 week punt before getting Lukaku back in possibly for Kane.
    (b) would involve the sensible move of Bellerin (or Moreno) to Williams who has Sunderland at home this week and would improve my defenders clean sheet prospects for this week.

Risky or safe?

Or both for -4?

I think three words can answer your query: form over fixtures.

I can't understand how anyone would consider keeping Kane, three goals in seven against decent opponents, versus Lukaku, who is in the form of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Anyone thinking of dumping Moreno just be aware he may have a DGW25 and isn't that expensive to bench for the next few

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

To be fair it's 5.9 ppg, the only two mids who have a higher average (guess who??) have risen 1.5m and 1.7m.

I've been a big supporter of KDB from day 1 and for that reason I'm coming out in support, he's a class act and will be a huge point scorer for years in FPL, I just don't buy into the argument that he can't do it away from home, he's been a little unlucky is all, even against Watford I can recall one great save that Gomes made from him after a great move involving Silva and himself. I looked at his stats yesterday somewhere and he has created as much good chances away from home (almost) as he has at home.
    To be honest I'm always delighted when a player I rate highly is being transferred out by good players, however I also like to be able to imply that I told ye so;)

I've no intention of getting rid of him at all and amn't concerned with the home/away thing. I think he'll get fpl better with an on fire Aguero ahead of him. That would be my biggest factor.

His form has been fairly erratic though in terms of points returns and that was my main point to the poster that had said Mahrez and KDB were having a dip in form. Mahrez is having a dip. KDB has been erratic all season.

I don't know why I included the amount he has risen tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Exactly. He could become the first player ever that I've had GW1 to 38. We won't speak of a particular week he was on the bench....

Same. Don't really know why I got him at the very beginning, just remember he looked a quality player and a serious lack of options at that price. It was him or Zaha I was stuck between. Thankfully made the right choice. Did you bench him for his hattrick too? :P

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Same. Don't really know why I got him at the very beginning, just remember he looked a quality player and a serious lack of options at that price. It was him or Zaha I was stuck between. Thankfully made the right choice. Did you bench him for his hattrick too? :P

Yeah. I think we were misery buddies that night! I went with Aguero from week 1 so i had about 7m for 4th mid and Mahrez was all that sprung out at that price. I was as chuffed watching that first MOTD as I was gutted the night of the hat trick.

Anyone thinking of dumping Moreno just be aware he may have a DGW25 and isn't that expensive to bench for the next few

This is a great shout.... i was gonna get rid of him ir Bellerin and leaning towards Moreno slightly.

Will keep him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Yeah. I think we were misery buddies that night! I went with Aguero from week 1 so i had about 7m for 4th mid and Mahrez was all that sprung out at that price. I was as chuffed watching that first MOTD as I was gutted the night of the hat trick.

I was feckin weird that night, I was unbelievably pissed off and then even more pissed off when people said I deserved it for benching him. Haha he was the one person in the whole league I didn't want to score. First alert i get, boom, Mahrez goal, Then two more :( Well at least we had the advantage of having him in GW 1 for his haul then :D Thankfully I now have bench fodder 5th mid

Advertisement