Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Transfer in Payet Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Re : Alli.

I can't post the link from my phone but sky sports had an article earlier today called ' Defaulau vs Alli' (no longer on APP but prob still on main site)

Anyway, they spoke at length about how many many assists, goals Alli has picked up in away games. Much more than he has at WHL.... a fact further underlined by his goal and baps today.

I'm hoping he rotates with someone like kdb who does poorly in away games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I took a 3 point hit last night..

Vardy --> Agüero
    Alli--> Payet
    Alderweireld--> Simpson

Alli and Alderweireid have done rather well this week, good Lord what have i done!:eek:

Team for next gameweek.

Cech
    Kolarov--Bellerín--Nyom
    Payet--Özil--De Bruyne--Mahrez
    Ighalo--Agüero--Lukaku

Hennessey--Simpson--Fonte--Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

lougal88 wrote: »
    I'm really torn between a few of these options...

Don't really wanna dump Kane with 2 home games against Leicester and Sunderland.
    Lukaku has 2 tough away games.

Is Payet that important to get in straight away? Might need a few weeks to get back to full sharpness. Also need to get rid of poison Moreno...

I think Payet will only be a differential for one or two GW's. It's essential for my situation, having red arrows since GW11, I need something to bring me back up. I heard he played well when he came on, and there's a good break until the next set of fixtures. I had that plan to bring in Lukaku for Kane after those fixtures but I'm getting very impatient with him. For your situation, switching Lukaku to Aguero and then Kane to Lukaku later on could cost a few points rather than Kane to Aguero straight away. But, with the way Chelsea played today, it could be a very tough set of fixtures for Big Rom. Option B still seems the best for me. Verde's fixtures don't get any easier, and you have Mahrez cover anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Kane and Coutinho out, Aguero and Antonio (5.2 bench fodder) in.

Alli will start next games which will cover lack of Kane in my team.

Lukaku stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

I think Payet will only be a differential for one or two GW's. It's essential for my situation, having red arrows since GW11, I need something to bring me back up. I heard he played well when he came on, and there's a good break until the next set of fixtures. I had that plan to bring in Lukaku for Kane after those fixtures but I'm getting very impatient with him. For your situation, switching Lukaku to Aguero and then Kane to Lukaku later on could cost a few points rather than Kane to Aguero straight away. But, with the way Chelsea played today, it could be a very tough set of fixtures for Big Rom. Option B still seems the best for me. Verde's fixtures don't get any easier, and you have Mahrez cover anyways.

What about Vardy/Kdb -> Aguero/YaYa?
    Yaya has been back to his best and is a lot cheaper.
    Then again the differential factor in Payet is tempting.

I think I need to sleep on it!
    Now I'm looking at Kane/Vardy to Aguero Ighalo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Invincible wrote: »
    Madness to get our of Mahrez!

Probably, it might be the bit of madness needed to win something this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

What about Vardy/Kdb -> Aguero/YaYa?
    Yaya has been back to his best and is a lot cheaper.
    Then again the differential factor in Payet is tempting.

I think I need to sleep on it!
    Now I'm looking at Kane/Vardy to Aguero Ighalo.

Not a fan Toure at all :pac: Kane and Vardy to Aguero and Ighalo does seem like a good move once Aguero outscores Kane over the next two games, which seems likely. Aguero will rise in price and Kane could fall as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Au revoir Giroud, bonjour Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Probably, it might be the bit of madness needed to win something this year!

Indeed, they said I was mad not to have Ozil but yesterday proved I was right all along....... Suckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Indeed, they said I was mad not to have Ozil but yesterday proved I was right all along....... Suckers.

Would it be madness to transfer him out now for Payet given his fixtures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Would it be madness to transfer him out now for Payet given his fixtures?

Ozil is very consistent so far.

I wouldn't do it, but it is your choice.

So if you had to pick one of Yaya, Willian or Oscar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Willian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭COH

This is either madness... or genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Did Vardy & Coutinho -> Kane & Payet.

With the amount transferring out Vardy, he could become a nice differential though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did Vardy & Coutinho -> Kane & Payet.

With the amount transferring out Vardy, he could become a nice differential though!

He looked very impressive against Bournemouth, could have had won a second pen and forced some impressive saves off Boruc. I'd be more tempted to get rid of Mahrez, was very quiet yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

So if you had to pick one of Yaya, Willian or Oscar ?

Yaya all day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Rambo Vardy and Coutinho out for Payet, Willian and Costa. Needed to move now as had no change left over.

2lsbfj7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Unsure about Mahrez, Lukaku and Barley.... any advice?

a50cNaB.png

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team

De Gea/Hennessy
    Bellerin Alder Dawson Nyom Simpson
    KDB Ozil Mahrez Walcott Wanyama
    Vardy Lukaku Kane

Walcott needs to go. The considerations are Willian, Alli and Payet.

I think I'll go for Alli and then Vardy to Aguero. Will hold off until this week's cup matches are all over though.

That'll leave me 2 mil spare to do Kane to Costa.

I'm praying though that Aguero gets mad 60-70 minutes in the Carling Cup semi and then 20-30 minutes at the weekend in the FA Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

2 FT used, Bellerin, Vardy to Nyom, Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Vardy, Walcott and Kolarov to Aguero Payet and Smith done for -4. Not a fan of such early transfers especially with FA cup. But I had the exact funds and Vardy was dropping so I went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody here with a strong front 8? Im thinking of doing Wanyama to Alli for the remaining few weeks before Wildcarding. Will use bench boost & AOA before as well I think. It's not a strategy I have used before though.

EDIT - Just realised you can use WC at any point for the rest of season... wowzers.. gonna stick til a DGW I think

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anybody here with a strong front 8? Im thinking of doing Wanyama to Alli for the remaining few weeks before Wildcarding. Will use bench boost & AOA before as well I think. It's not a strategy I have used before though.

EDIT - Just realised you can use WC at any point for the rest of season... wowzers.. gonna stick til a DGW I think

I'm bringing in Alli and will go with a strong front 8 for one week at some stage to use my bench boost. It's a tactic I avoid though. It only leads to heartache. It's hard enough picking 3 defenders - I had Alder on the bench this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I have what some would consider a strong front 8 but the truth is that I bought Alli in for price rises and he'll stay 5th choice for the forseeable future. I'll sell him if I need to free up funds but for now, I'm happy to get the price rises on him.

After next GW, I'm considering Willian/Payet in for Arnautovic so he'll still be 5th unless there is a compelling reason to drop someone else

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Bertrand and Deulofeu out, Smith and Payet in, no hit. Leaves just about enough to get Aguero in for Ighalo after GW21, don't fancy a hit as Ighalo has leaky Saints up next.

That'll leave me with:

Myhill
    Alderweireld Bellerin Zouma
    KDB Mahrez Ozil Payet
    Kane Kun Lukaku

Alli Ward Smith

Who is the Sundeland fan ?

I think they have bought a new central defender who I presume is coming in as first choice. Who of Coates, O'Shea or Brown would be second choice ?

Reckon it's tough to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Just remember that a wildcard counts as a cup used so you can't use bench boost or triple captain in the same week. Maybe better to use your wc the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Would like to get Payet in, but dont want to transfer out any of my midfielders.

Arnie, Alli, KdB, Mahrez, Ozil.

Want to get Sanchez later too, but again, not sure who I'll take out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sold Moreno for Smith(bournemouth)

Have other players that I'm happy to start, so he is essentially bench fodder but does have some nice upcoming fixtures and a chance to bank some value

Advertisement