Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Monday - Head Coach changes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I hope you are right

No 1 we need to get the draft right this year with all pick contributing next year

I hope JR can find value in FA as we have a lot of holes to fill

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Robinson looks to be signed, however seems almost certain Mularkey will be coach

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The 49ers are set to decide between Mike Shanahan and Chip Kelly for the next head coach.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hue Jacksons wants the titans assistant defense coordinator to take over the Browns D, no news yet on whether he'll be granted permission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Tom Coughlin has withdrawn his name for consideration for the Eagles job according to Adam Schefter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,829 ✭✭✭nerd69

Tom Coughlin has withdrawn his name for consideration for the Eagles job according to Adam Schefter

Thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Giants QB Coach Mike Sullivan is to be promoted to Giants OC and Joe Philbin will take up another role within the team

Chip Kelly's got the 49ers job. Also according to Scheffer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So Chip it is, not overly excited but preferable to Shanahan I think. Baalke's last hire, if this doesn't go well they'll both be out.

Interesting to see what happens with Kaepernick now. Anyway,onwards.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/687710172689641472

This makes no sense, if they wanted Jackson should have made a move for him surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,857 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

adrian522 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/687710172689641472

This makes no sense, if they wanted Jackson should have made a move for him surely.
    Implication seems to be they never wanted Jackson, we're just biding time till Kelly came on board?

Then they should have hired him last week, why all the waiting around for Jackson to make his decision?

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/687710998283841536

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Kaepernick will be Kelly's wet dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

How much control will Kelly have? Seems like San Fran is the wrong place to go if he wanted to be the main man, though adrian correct me if I'm wrong on that one...

He wont have any control at all really, Trent Baalke will have the final say on all personnel decisions. I guess as the HC he would be involved in discussions on what to do in the draft or what to do with Kap but Baalke will have the final say.

That is my understanding. I guess with this hire Kap's chances of being on the roster next season went from zero to slightly above zero.

Still not sure they will be paying him $19m next year but I also don''t think they should reach for a QB in round one if the Browns take Goff for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

adrian522 wrote: »
    He wont have any control at all really, Trent Baalke will have the final say on all personnel decisions. I guess as the HC he would be involved in discussions on what to do in the draft or what to do with Kap but Baalke will have the final say.

That is my understanding. I guess with this hire Kap's chances of being on the roster next season went from zero to slightly above zero.

Still not sure they will be paying him $19m next year but I also don''t think they should reach for a QB in round one if the Browns take Goff for example.

yeah that's what howie roseman thought as well Adrian. And that worked out so well.

Time will tel I guess, but Harbaugh was fired for apparently seeking to much say.

Tom Gamble is in the 49ers FO now who was with him in Philly too, so have to see how it plays out.

I think it is understood that Kelly didn't have a very good record on the personnel side of things so I'd assume he will be HC only in SF.

Apparently Coughlin withdrew from the Eagles gig because a lot of his staff are still under contract with the Giants and staying on with McAdoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chip Kelly with the 49ers will be hilarious.

There's just no way on earth he'll be able to handle not having full control over personnel decisions and that's before we even get into discussing the changes in his coaching style that are needed to give himself half a chance in a locker room.

It'll end in tears. A crazy, crazy hire.

Who would you have gone with? Doesn't seem to be much alternatives that I can see.

He did go 10-6 twice in Philly. Boom or bust appointment for sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

nerd69 wrote: »
    Thank god

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Eagles have hired Chiefs OC Doug Pederson as their new HC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Eagles to hire Chiefs OC Doug Pederson as their new HC

Paully D wrote: »
    Chip Kelly with the 49ers will be hilarious.

There's just no way on earth he'll be able to handle not having full control over personnel decisions and that's before we even get into discussing the changes in his coaching style that are needed to give himself half a chance in a locker room.

It'll end in tears. A crazy, crazy hire.

I disagree kaps ability to run will be huge in the offence his arm strength could work against him but chip ruined his offence trying to compensate for a non running qb

paulie21 wrote: »
    Eagles have hired Chiefs OC Doug Pederson as their new HC
    Best left I guess not really sure what to make of him as it seems big red called the plays in kc and the offence was super convervative also rieds ocs have not really worked out as head coaches before (harbaugh was special teams and Rivera and McDermott where both dcs) I'd rather have kept chip to be honest hope to god I'm wrong though and pederson has my full support lets go eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

As expected the Buccs have promoted Dirk Koetter to HC

Jim Caldwell staying on in Detroit. A good decision I think

Is it just Tennessee left then?

Jim Caldwell staying on in Detroit. A good decision I think

Is it just Tennessee left then?

Think so, and it looks all but certain we're keeping Mularkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Think keeping Caldwell is probably the right decision, the players seem to love playing for him and it could have a positive influence on Johnson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

My Browns crushing the off-season again :o

I am delighted with the Hire though. Can't believe we got someone in demand and not the scraps of what is left over. Jackson will bring a bit of fire to the table as opposed to the passiveness of Pettine, Shurmur, Chud.

After watching him on Hard Knocks, i can't believe how well he carries himself. His presser was unbelievably impressive. I think he has a chance of getting J Gordon back onside and might actually attract a name or two that will play for him.

I'd imagine Billy Manziel will be shipped away now as well which being honest i'll be a little sad about. But the guy is a mope.

This is it for me and the Browns. Last Chance. After getting sucked into them in 09 when i started watching. It's been a tough slog. Countless hours having my heart broke by them. Many fights with the other half about watching them and not doing other plans we had, many euros spent on game pass and i even wasted money seeing them live. I am tired of the pain but they have me back for one more .. well maybe two more years to see this Jackson era out.

Cmon Hue, Haslam, Sachi and Podesta. Turn the factory around once and for all.

Advertisement