Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Monday - Head Coach changes 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Eagles looking to talk to Tom Coughlin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans interviewing Doug Marone :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Titans interviewing Doug Marone :eek:

Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Imagine if that came about. Tom ignored john Mara at the press conference. You don't think he'd like to play the Giants twice a year and stick it to the mara family ?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Miami hire Gase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Don't do it Tom! TC done a lot of good with a pretty poor GM. Also, he's the only multiple winning SB coach active outside of BB! I'm not surprised the Eagles are talking to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Miami hire Gase.

Flagged this one a couple of days ago - and I suspect that it wasn't a case of Miami picking Gase but Gase picking Miami.

Gase has the potential to be a very good HC and I will be looking forward with interest to see what happens.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back in Denver some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

Flagged this one a couple of days ago - and I suspect that it wasn't a case of Miami picking Gase but Gase picking Miami.

Gase has the potential to be a very good HC and I will be looking forward with interest to see what happens.

Wouldn't mind seeing him back in Denver some day.

I think this could be a good choice for his first HC job, he has a QB in tannehill who can produce IMO better numbers then he got with Cutler this season and a receiver corps which needs one or may be two more receivers and they good be very well equipped on offence to challenge for a wild card spot maybe more, all depends on what way he decides to go with defensive coaches

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sky seem to be reporting Hue Jackson to 49ers as a done deal but I've not seen confirmation elsewhere which is strange

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

adrian522 wrote: »
    Sky seem to be reporting Hue Jackson to 49ers as a done deal but I've not seen confirmation elsewhere which is strange

Happy for Jackson if it's true. I hope it works out for him. A really nice guy who didn't deserve to be treated the way he was in Oakland. Though it seems a rough situation for him to be going into.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

He could wind up as HC if he hangs around Cinci, however if he gets an offer from SF he'll probably take it. OC and DC appointments would be important, particularly DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Browns or 49ers - like being asked if you want to be shot or stabbed. :D

I think he''ll end up in SF. Cleveland's habit of sacking a coach every year wont help, plus where would you rather live?

https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/686272732636385280

49ers have not made an offer to Jackson as of yet.

49ers have not made an offer to Jackson as of yet.

Or maybe they have

https://twitter.com/Kyle_McLorgBASG/status/686319864202461185

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Rex has hired his twin brother to run the defence in Buffalo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Rex has hired his twin brother to run the defence in Buffalo

Yeah he really earned it after last season with the Saints :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Yeah he really earned it after last season with the Saints :pac:

Or any year, with any team where he's been been the DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Seem like Rex is choosing next year as the hill to potentially have his head coaching career die on. I do think that - even if the Bills fail to make the playoffs next year - there will always be a market for his services as a Defensive coordinator. Not so sure about his brother though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Seem like Rex is choosing next year as the hill to potentially have his head coaching career die on. I do think that - even if the Bills fail to make the playoffs next year - there will always be a market for his services as a Defensive coordinator. Not so sure about his brother though!

Yeah hire your brother (an awful DC) and have a bad season and it's Sayōnara. Unnecessary risk to take.

I was surprised the bills defence was so bad this year. With Rob it might end up historically bad.

Giants want to interview Hue Jackson...apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Giants want to interview Hue Jackson...apparently

We really appear to be in no hurry with this appointment. Jackson wouldn't be a bad hire.

Surprised at them coming in at this stage, if the Bengals had won they wouldn't have been able to interview him until after the Bengals were knocked out.

Just wish we would hire someone at this stage.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/686642581384515584

Might be a stupid question but why is permission needed from the Giants now that they've relieved him of his duties? Once you don't retain him, does his contract not become void?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Might be a stupid question but why is permission needed from the Giants now that they've relieved him of his duties? Once you don't retain him, does his contract not become void?

He technically resigned and since he had one year left on his contract teams need Giants permission to speak with him

paulie21 wrote: »
    He technically resigned and since he had one year left on his contract teams need Giants permission to speak with him

I'm surprised they let him talk to the Eagles then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

You'd imagine TC would easily impress in a HC interview, obviously wouldn't like to see him with the Eagles (not that I'd be overly bothered) but would be interesting to see him with the 49ers.

• Advertisement

The 49ers thought they had deal all but agreed with Jackson, that now does not seem to be the case so they seem to be scrambling for other options.

Nothing will happen, in terms of an announcement until Thursday/Friday at least as Jed is at NFL meetings until then.

Advertisement