Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Late Late before Christmas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

I'm putting together a soundtrack for tonight's show, first up we have The Cure with their 1980 smash hit "The Forest"

Feel free to make your own contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    And the fact that you hear it every five seconds once November hits.

Didn't one of Louis' bands do something like Seasons In The Sun or something with added sleighbells for Christmas?

:(

The Millennium Prayer was denied the 1999 Christmas No 1 spot – as well as the chance to be the Millennium No 1 – by a devastatingly effective Westlife pincer movement: a double A-side coupling Abba’s I Have A Dream with Terry Jacks’ Seasons in the Sun. The latter is frequently considered a suicide anthem, but was described by Jacks as being about a man “dying of a broken heart because his best friend was screwing his wife”, having originally been written by Jaques Brel in what Brel told Jacks was “a whorehouse in Tangiers”. Happy Christmas everyone!

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/10/drugs-austerity-and-thatcher-what-christmas-no-1s-tell-us-about-britain

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

All I read there was East 17 Bell-Ends.

brian-harvey-1.jpg

Wasn't he the fella who ran over himself with his car after he ate too many potatoes??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Sing it with me - to the tune of Do They Know It's Christmas:

Feed Ryan Turbridy
    And let him know it's Christmas time...........

"Sack Ryan Tubridyyy
    and give the boot to Joe Duffyyyy"
    Bizarrely, the East 17 song doesn't feature the word 'Christmas' in the song at all - only some bells at the end (no jokes, please) give it a festive feel.

'Stop the Calvary' by Jona Lewis isn't even about Christmas, it just sounds Christmassy with all the trumpets. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Slade were playing in Dublin last week. I know someone who went in on the spur of the moment and ... Noddy Holder isn't in Slade anymore.

That's like a Wham! reunion with Andrew and someone out of Brother Beyond (but not Nathan)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Mary Robinson will be on shortly to do a bit of pontificating.

She'll be doing it without me Harry.

She did a runner as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Mary Robinson will be on shortly to do a bit of pontificating.

Just to get you into the festive spirit!!

Speaking of East 17 ... ouch
    MANY OF US remember East 17 with a certain fondness and they certainly bring with them a whole load of 90s nostalgia.
    However, this was the grim scene at their gig last night in The Academy, Dublin:

http://www.dailyedge.ie/east-17-2183776-Jun2015/

https://twitter.com/tomflynnphoto/status/614419485622145024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Skid X wrote: »
    Slade were playing in Dublin last week. I know someone who went in on the spur of the moment and ... Noddy Holder isn't in Slade anymore.

Don't be shy Skid, tell us!!....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My parents stopped off in John B Keane's pub during their honeymoon, they ended up staying for about five days. They returned to Listowel to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary with the Keanes.

• Advertisement

That's like a Wham! reunion with Andrew and someone out of Brother Beyond (but not Nathan)

Noddy and Jim Lea could retire from the royalties they earned, while Dave Hill and Don Powell have to keep touring to make money.

Note to musicians - write the songs, pop-pickers! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Good to see the Love/Hate women are back on screens in the New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Thank Christ for Apres Match coming up. This show could do with a Dunphy impression.

Looks like there was 'nobody' in the House Of Love

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

:(

The Millennium Prayer was denied the 1999 Christmas No 1 spot – as well as the chance to be the Millennium No 1 – by a devastatingly effective Westlife pincer movement: a double A-side coupling Abba’s I Have A Dream with Terry Jacks’ Seasons in the Sun. The latter is frequently considered a suicide anthem, but was described by Jacks as being about a man “dying of a broken heart because his best friend was screwing his wife”, having originally been written by Jaques Brel in what Brel told Jacks was “a whorehouse in Tangiers”. Happy Christmas everyone!

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/10/drugs-austerity-and-thatcher-what-christmas-no-1s-tell-us-about-britain

No that is bad.

But i'm still so angry...so f*ckin angry...that The Darkness were denied Christmas number one with an actual good song by that silly half arsed Mad World b*llocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

monkey9 wrote: »
    Thank Christ for Apres Match coming up. This show could do with a Dunphy impression.

The last time I saw them doing Dunphy, I thought they had slipped a lot..........then I realised that it was actually Dunphy!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Speaking of East 17 ... ouch

Additional ouch...

No that is bad.

But i'm still so angry...so f*ckin angry...that The Darkness were denied Christmas number one with an actual good song by that silly half arsed Mad World b*llocks.

Couldn't agree more. Biggest injustice of all time.

Anyone who brought that Mad World Dirge should be shot. Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Wasn't he the fella who ran over himself with his car after he ate too many potatoes??

He had a bit of a meltdown a few years back. edit: feckn Atlantic Dawn for stealing my East 17 thunder.

Apparently after this he had his baseball hat surgically removed as the final part of his "shedding of the East 17 skin" process.

I hate the music in those M&S ads.

• Advertisement

I do like House of Love.

Proper tune. No joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No that is bad.

LOL. I despised The Darkness with a passion. They were a comic band that were never funny and i genuinely loved that Mad World song.

Christ, i hate The Darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

monkey9 wrote: »

It's like the Titanic sinking music..............RIP James Horner

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This guy is starting to believe his own hype.

Is there not a celebrity singing priest every year?

''Viral sensation''

Ah, but he's no Teresa Mannion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Ah, Father Dick Byrne!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Father Ted was so ahead of its time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

"In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes."

Advertisement