Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Late Late before Christmas

Options
  • 18-12-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭

Now, if, like most people you tend to generalise people based on one thing they have in common (say, they come from the same place), tonight's Late Late should prove a super strong argument as to why that can be a massive mistake.

On the one hand, we have former President and all round proof to every one of us that we haven't really achieved that much in our sorry lives, it's Mayo's own Mary Robinson. Hail Mary, indeed.

On the other hand (because it's been a few weeks) we have dear old Louis Walsh, gormless smile in full effect, answering the question no one asked: What's Louis Walsh at these days?

Following that, if they match this post with their running order, is the Apres Match lads. I love these guys, much more than the actual RTE panel.

Now, in dual misery slot hell, there's a fella who's dad had died since last Christmas. Unless I read that wrong. If this weren't the Late Late there's no way I'd believe that any tv show would do this nonsense.

And the mental punch in the stomach after that, the one and thankfully only...ugh...Jason Byrne. Really. Again. I despair.

Great, soooo...

See yis later!

Happy Christmas dudes, it's gonna be a good thread. I can totally feel it.

Edit: It's John B Keane's son, if that makes it any more/less ridiculous.

And it's actually a misery triple punch. People who were affected by the flooding are on to answer the deep and probing question: "How did that make you feel?"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Think the singing priest is on tonight, he mentioned it on the radio yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Owryan wrote: »

Sigh.

Of course there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Leaving work shortly. Have some christmas shopping to do. If I budget my time, I should manage to be well buzzed for Mary Robinson, heading towards hammered for the Apres Match lads, and then sliding into oblivion for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Now, if, like most people you tend to generalise people based on one thing they have in common (say, they come from the same place), tonight's Late Late should prove a super strong argument as to why that can be a massive mistake.

On the one hand, we have former President and all round proof to every one of us that we haven't really achieved that much in our sorry lives, it's Mayo's own Mary Robinson. Hail Mary, indeed.

On the other hand (because it's been a few weeks) we have dear old Louis Walsh, gormless smile in full effect, answering the question no one asked: What's Louis Walsh at these days?

Following that, if they match this post with their running order, is the Apres Match lads. I love these guys, much more than the actual RTE panel.

Now, in dual misery slot hell, there's a fella who's dad had died since last Christmas. Unless I read that wrong. If this weren't the Late Late there's no way I'd believe that any tv show would do this nonsense.

And the mental punch in the stomach after that, the one and thankfully only...ugh...Jason Byrne. Really. Again. I despair.

Great, soooo...

See yos later!

Happy Christmas dudes, it's gonna be a good thread. I can totally feel it.

Edit: It's John B Keane's son, if that makes it any more/less ridiculous.

And it's actually a misery triple punch. People who were affected by the flooding are on to answer the deep and probing question: "How did that make you feel?"

:D

Going by that for a blurb, I might even be tempted to tune in myself!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭lukin

You should really have posted some pics of wet puppies. It's not too late though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

we have dear old Louis Walsh.

And the mental punch in the stomach after that, the one and thankfully only...ugh...Jason Byrne.

:(

christmas-pup-21311567.jpg

christmas-kitten.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hi folks, Happy Christmas to one and all. This show was pre-recorded earlier this week (because it would be difficult to pre-record it later this week)

At least it's a full length show, last year they fecked off at about 11.10pm**

** I might be setting myself up for a fall there, at 11.10pm we might be praying it was over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

That line up will even put our Christmas puppies to sleep.

cute-christmas-puppies1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

For the night that's in it. Puppies & Kittens from Roscommon.

DSC_6954.jpg

Swimming+cat.jpg

Ryan to Louis: ''Sorry that Hometown didn't work out as planned...how does that make you feel?''

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Owryan wrote: »

Oh god no... he was on some BBC R4 programme last week too, talking up his awful CD of auto-tuned holy music. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ryan to Louis: ''Sorry that Hometown didn't work out as planned...how does that make you feel?''

Has Joe started franchising out that phrase? Thought that was unique (so to speak) to Da Lahvline, no?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Has Joe started franchising out that phrase? Thought that was unique (so to speak) to Da Lahvline, no?

I know that, I know that... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

He'll just throw them on the scrap heap and pull another crowd out of the hat.

Same story, a bunch of pretty lads who can't play but look good and sound good on autotune and backing tapes. He'll bullshlt them up to the eyes and use his contacts in RTE to plug the bollix out of them until it fails or until they run out of steam. Meanwhile Louis will grin and squeal all the way to the bank.

Wash, rinse & repeat next year. Meanwhile Irish bands writing their own music and playing instruments will struggle with zero chance of a leg up from RTE.

Oh yeah. i almost forgot...he'll have another shower to plug when the Eurovision comes around again. Bugger the fact that we'll have no chance of winning, main thing is he plugs his crowd and gets another few grand for it.

(Yes I'm cynical and plssed off)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I honestly haven't watched ANY tv in about 5 years.

What did I miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

sudzs wrote: »
    Oh god no... he was on some BBC R4 programme last week too, talking up his awful CD of auto-tuned holy music. :rolleyes:

Dat the fella who sang at the weddin and then got famous??

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

Ah come on, I saw an ad for their album on the telly during the week!

I honestly haven't watched ANY tv in about 5 years.

What did I miss?

A Late Late Show with a spontaneous and unpredictable presenter, who is at ease with sports stars as well as Hollywood Royalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭robwen

& I was hoping McGregor might be on pfft

A Late Late Show with a spontaneous and unpredictable presenter, who is at ease with sports stars as well as Hollywood Royalty.

:)

the-late-late-show-with-james-corden.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Apres Match and Mary Robinson should be good. The rest.....meh.

I cannot stand Louis Walsh. He's a little weasal arsehole who just inflicts awful musical sh!te on the world for his own gain. He's basically a musical ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

For once and seeing as the time of the year, can they not just do without the misery slot

• Registered Users Posts: 81,438 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

monkey9 wrote: »
    Mary Robinson should be good. The rest.....meh.

Once she doesn't bang on too much about global warming, global cooling, climate change, Irish weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

monkey9 wrote: »
    Apres Match and Mary Robinson should be good. The rest.....meh.

I cannot stand Louis Walsh. He's a little weasal arsehole who just inflicts awful musical sh!te on the world for his own gain. He's basically a musical ISIS.

Disagree. ISIS are pricks, but they are unpredicatable. You couldn't ever say that about yer man.

M

He's one of our funniest?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"One of Ireland's funniest comedians"

Really? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He's wearing a Christmas jumper. So whacky!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
    M

Wifes bush joke would have worked well...

Advertisement