Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

The Mid-Tipperary CCC decided on the future of the Mid senior and intermediate, hurling and football championships Friday night.

At the meeting, it was decided that in light of the current pandemic situation, the remaining games in the championship are cancelled.

http://tippfm.com/featured-2/mid-tipperary-senior-intermediate-championships-cancelled/?fbclid=IwAR1VYnStzKD5f_zudmuqZrkAikevF-JFw2m2wuhUe2ERg4oeEa4I8JS9wPE

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

The Mid-Tipperary CCC decided on the future of the Mid senior and intermediate, hurling and football championships Friday night.

At the meeting, it was decided that in light of the current pandemic situation, the remaining games in the championship are cancelled.

http://tippfm.com/featured-2/mid-tipperary-senior-intermediate-championships-cancelled/?fbclid=IwAR1VYnStzKD5f_zudmuqZrkAikevF-JFw2m2wuhUe2ERg4oeEa4I8JS9wPE

But I thought the GAA cancelled them all already because of the parities after then

frank8211 wrote: »
    But I thought the GAA cancelled them all already because of the parities after then
    GAA said games cant be played not that competitions shouldnt finish which is what mid board have done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Paddico

Good win for the footballers yesterday.
    Great to be able to watch it on GAA Go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Well done to Tipperary footballers, a great win over Offaly.

I watched the game on gaago, great value for €5.00.

Anybody have any idea how many people watched it on 'go'.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Good win for the u20s tonight. Slow start but huge improvement after the restart. Impressed the way we upped the intensity. Unfortunate with a few chances. Great to see the killer instinct still with our forwards. Bowe and Ormonde stood out. Connolly looks like a serious prospect. Very cool and composed. Conditions were greasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Paddico wrote: »
    Good win for the footballers yesterday.
    Great to be able to watch it on GAA Go
    Xenophile wrote: »
    Well done to Tipperary footballers, a great win over Offaly.

I watched the game on gaago, great value for €5.00.

Anybody have any idea how many people watched it on 'go'.

Ummm ye have a strange concept of value :D:D

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40067679.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

The Tipp 20's looked very impressive in the second half. Totally dominated Clare for the full 30 minutes. There must have been a bit of a breeze because Clare got on top for the last 15 minutes of the firsthalf with their burly full forward Rogers causing the Tipp full back a few problems.

Tipp have to play Waterford in Fraher Field next week so nice to be going into that with a solid 60 minutes hurling under their belts.

Tipperary County Board have decided that all unfinished adult Club Championships will not re-commence until February 1st 2021 at the earliest.

• Advertisement

Well done to the footballers !

Hope you make it to Division 2 next year !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Well done to the footballers !

Hope you make it to Division 2 next year !

Fair play to them on getting the job done and staying up but I can't help feeling it was less than ideal for Power to criticise Leitrim the way he did, in the midst of a pandemic, the week before we had to play them in a crunch game, away from home. It could have really backfired on us. We made hard work of it. I hope he learns from this in future. I don't think it's on to be criticising any team amidst a pandemic either. There is more to life than the league at the end of the day. Its great to have it back but we should be thankful for the willingness of these amateur athletes.

Fair play to them on getting the job done and staying up but I can't help feeling it was less than ideal for Power to criticise Leitrim the way he did, in the midst of a pandemic, the week before we had to play them in a crunch game, away from home. It could have really backfired on us. We made hard work of it. I hope he learns from this in future. I don't think it's on to be criticising any team amidst a pandemic either. There is more to life than the league at the end of the day. Its great to have it back but we should be thankful for the willingness of these amateur athletes.

I certainly wouldn't bet on it, Power is a very strange character and that's the nicest possible way I could describe him!

We were very poor again today and I would be amazed if a very decent Clare team don't beat us comfortably.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't bet on it, Power is a very strange character and that's the nicest possible way I could describe him!

We were very poor again today and I would be amazed if a very decent Clare team don't beat us comfortably.

Alot of Tipp fans absolutely roasted him on Facebook. Bizarre remarks he made. I was gobsmacked reading it. Even if he was spot on, which he was far from to be honest, you dont go winding up the opposition ahead of such a crunch game no matter how better we are meant to be on paper. On another day that should have been a handy win for us. Instead he gave Terry Hyland and the Leitrim lads plenty of ammunition. At most this game was a potential banana skin, but he poured oil on the ground just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was he hoping maybe Leitrim would pull out of this game also?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I don't think David engages the brain before he opens his mouth at the best of times

If anything he threw down the gauntlet for them to play. I was worried Emlyn Mulligan would even come out of retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If anything he threw down the gauntlet for them to play. I was worried Emlyn Mulligan would even come out of retirement.

True, Eddie brennan tried a similar tactic against the Dubs and got hammered.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Paddico

A poor performance by us all round. I thought there was a lazy approach from the players and some didn't look fit at all. A big step up needed against Clare next week.

Paddico wrote: »
    A poor performance by us all round. I thought there was a lazy approach from the players and some didn't look fit at all. A big step up needed against Clare next week.

I don't even think its fitness to be honest, we seem devoid of any sort of a gameplan really, it's hard to believe that more than two thirds of them were part of that team that got to an AI semi playing such expansive and direct football and playing with a smile on their faces, they have all the looks now of a bunch of lads going through the motions.

• Advertisement

No show for Leitrim !

Maybe Power was right. It deprived the Tipp mentors the opportunity of watching the Leitrim team on GAAGO.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Ompala

Not sure if it has been memtioned here, but Seamus Kennedy out for the Limerick game Sunday. Big loss as he is a great athlete particularly against a very strong Limerick half forward line. Not sure who might be brought in, John Meagher, Robert Byrne, Brian McGrath, Paddy Cadell? Bring Heffernan to half back and maybe Craig Morgan to the corner?

Strange feel coming up to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Ompala wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been memtioned here, but Seamus Kennedy out for the Limerick game Sunday. Big loss as he is a great athlete particularly against a very strong Limerick half forward line. Not sure who might be brought in, John Meagher, Robert Byrne, Brian McGrath, Paddy Cadell? Bring Heffernan to half back and maybe Craig Morgan to the corner?

I'd imagine Bryan O Mara is ahead of most of them. Meagher has very little county experience but would have the size and pace. The other 3 lads would be at nothing against Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Ompala

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    I'd imagine Bryan O Mara is ahead of most of them. Meagher has very little county experience but would have the size and pace. The other 3 lads would be at nothing against Limerick.

God I totally forgot about Bryan O Mara 😱 He wouldn't have much experience but looks a serious prospect. Curious to see what team Sheedy goes with.

Ompala wrote: »

Alan Flynn has to be ahead of a few of those, plenty of options thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Assuming he's there and available, might expect Sean O'Brien to get the nod in the corner. At least Sheedy always seems to like him anyway. But a lot of options there as said, be nice to see one or two of the younger crew making a few strides these next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Assuming he's there and available, might expect Sean O'Brien to get the nod in the corner. At least Sheedy always seems to like him anyway. But a lot of options there as said, be nice to see one or two of the younger crew making a few strides these next few weeks.

I don't think O Brien saw much action after the Munster Final last year. He's a good honest sort but not up to the standard.

On a side note, rumours circulating that Knockavilla are losing 4 promising players to Cashel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I don't think O Brien saw much action after the Munster Final last year. He's a good honest sort but not up to the standard.

Maybe not, but he was the only defender brought on during the final last year and i'm pretty sure he started the majority of the games in the spring so i'm assuming he figures prominently in sheedys thoughts. Maybe Flynn is ahead. Hard to be certain what the precise pecking order is eight months on.

Maybe not, but he was the only defender brought on during the final last year and i'm pretty sure he started the majority of the games in the spring so i'm assuming he figures prominently in sheedys thoughts. Maybe Flynn is ahead. Hard to be certain what the precise pecking order is eight months on.

As you say its almost impossible to say considering its 8 months on, but certainly last year it seemed that O'Brien was favoured against opposition that were expected to go 15v 15 and where the opposition were expected to play with 5 forwards, Flynn got the nod.

• Advertisement

On a side note, rumours circulating that Knockavilla are losing 4 promising players to Cashel.

Including a county man and from what I hear Knockavilla will be delighted to see the back of them and Cashel should thread very carefully!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement