Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

The last televised game I remember having everything with extra time and a dramatic finish like that is the De La Salle/Clarinbridge AI semi from 2011 I think, will go down as one of the great club games in terms of excitement and drama etc, well done Kiladangan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Could you see the final anywhere in next few days on a stream or something?

Heard it was a classic.
    Cant be a stream but tg4 have highlights tomorrow night at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

TG4 will have full game available on their Player I would presume

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Best Tipp county final ican remember. It really was a good advert for the club game in Tipp.

Noel McGrath was excellent and scored five great points. His two brothers John and Brian had good games, also.

When Loughmore scored their three early goals i thought there's no way a team with such a porous defence would come back and win but you have to give Kiladangan huge credit.

In extra time when John McGrath scored that last 65 the time was up and i thought the ref may blow on the puck out. Before i knew it young McLoughney was baring down on goal and unleashing an unstopable pile driver through Loughmore hearts.

I was hoping for a Kiladangan win as its always nice to see a club win their first senior title.

Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Noel's point to draw the match was a thing of beauty. The way he cut across the ball to bring it back and over the bar was different class. One of many exceptional moments from a classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What's the feeling on the last puck out? Ball was already in the other half of the field when the ref blew the whistle to puck it out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

What's the feeling on the last puck out? Ball was already in the other half of the field when the ref blew the whistle to puck it out.

Controversial I guess but let's be honest, have you ever seen a ref pull for a quick puckout in that situation? Was great thinking from Hogan to have the second ball ready considering how gutted he must have been to concede the 65 in the first place. It was a lapse of concentration on Loughmores behalf which is very unlike them, but an incredible passage of play from Kiladangan. A fitting finale to the best county final I have ever seen. Two incredible teams. Game was littered with individual excellence. Penalties would have been an unfitting end imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Don't know if true but some of the loughmore players thought when the ref blew the whistle it was the final whistle. Cruel way to lose it but unbelievable way to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Senior ladies football final between cahir and aherlow produced a cracker of a game today, cahir winning in extra time 6-17 to 2-20

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

More heartbreak for Loughmore, defeated by 1 point by Clonmel, 1-16 to 1-15. Late point from Jack Kennedy gettimg Clonmel over the line.

• Advertisement

Senior ladies football final between cahir and aherlow produced a cracker of a game today, cahir winning in extra time 6-17 to 2-20

Great for Cahir to win it after the nonsense with the county board during the week. A situation that should never have arose really.

Hard luck Loughmore again. Thrilling final i believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Ompala wrote: »
    More heartbreak for Loughmore, defeated by 1 point by Clonmel, 1-16 to 1-15. Late point from Jack Kennedy gettimg Clonmel over the line.

Very hard to take. You gotta feel for them. Has a senior club ever lost both codes in the same year by a last gasp score?

Very hard to take. You gotta feel for them. Has a senior club ever lost both codes in the same year by a last gasp score?

Never heard of it happen myself, very tough on the players. It does raise the argument that if they had focused on one code would they have won the championship in it etc.

Never heard of it happen myself, very tough on the players. It does raise the argument that if they had focused on one code would they have won the championship in it etc.

They lost both finals narrowly though so for me, this argument goes out the window. it would be different if they were hammered in one or both finals. The fact is that in spite of having numbers against them, they defied all the odds and were within a kick/poc of the ball from being double champions again (which they done back in 2013) You could also make the argument that the extra games helped Loughmore. Another way of looking at it, what if the ref blew the whistle on loughmores free last week??? Or they had beaten Commercials today??? Would this even be a discussion? if anything, i think they are strong evidence of the dual argument. Look at Slaughtneil up in Derry too. A small parish that are winning provincial hurling and football titles as well as camogie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

despite the results of the last 2 Sunday's are 1 of the most respected clubs in the country...

despite the results of the last 2 Sunday's are 1 of the most respected clubs in the country...
    Who said they werent?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

I don't think it's even an option with them, I believe the same coach has to manage both hurling and football sides and training sessions involve both codes majority of the time. Now that's what I've heard, could be wrong obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I don't see that there's any "argument" to be had about loughmores dual status. If they are passionate about both codes and put the work and dedication into it, then that's all that counts. Are there people within the club that see it differently? Never heard there were anyway. They obviously have developed a very special bond between them there, which only the really small clubs can achieve, and as tipp gunner suggests, their dual nature could well be more help than hindrance. Am inclined to agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Congratulations to Clonmel Commercials and Kiladangan well done!

Commiserations to Loughmore on losings the two finals by the narrowist of margins.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

They lost both finals narrowly though so for me, this argument goes out the window. it would be different if they were hammered in one or both finals. The fact is that in spite of having numbers against them, they defied all the odds and were within a kick/poc of the ball from being double champions again (which they done back in 2013) You could also make the argument that the extra games helped Loughmore. Another way of looking at it, what if the ref blew the whistle on loughmores free last week??? Or they had beaten Commercials today??? Would this even be a discussion? if anything, i think they are strong evidence of the dual argument. Look at Slaughtneil up in Derry too. A small parish that are winning provincial hurling and football titles as well as camogie.

I'd agree, don't think it impacted them but it does appear every time a dual club going well gets eliminated. Don't think the club itself was ever in question (few on here seem to have misinterpreted the original point).

On a sidenote, watched some of UCC vs Blackrock earlier. Paddy Cadell played very well for UCC, Killian O Dwyer and Mark Kehoe also very good. O Dwyer had to go off injured towards the end, not sure what the issue was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

That was a lovely strip that Clonmel Commercials were playing in last Sunday, will this be their be their permanent strip now ?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    That was a lovely strip that Clonmel Commercials were playing in last Sunday, will this be their be their permanent strip now ?

I assume they just changed due to a colour clash with Loughmore's regular colours. Similar to the Offaly change colours i notice from that famous 1982 strip. Dunno why Loughmore didnt change. Both teams usually change in event of a clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

John Meagher from Loughmore has opted for the hurlers over the footballers for tipp this year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

John Meagher from Loughmore has opted for the hurlers over the footballers for tipp this year.

James Quigley gone in too. Jerome Cahill left the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Rasputin11 wrote:
    James Quigley gone in too. Jerome Cahill left the panel.

Why has Jerome Cahill left do you know? He was brilliant for the u20s

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Seem like they're getting in guys who are full backs or can play full back which seems like a reasonable idea. Hopefully not the last we see of Jerome Cahill but we don't have any shortage of options that end of field to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Good player, but I think a bigger loss to the footballers than he is a gain to the hurlers.

Best of luck to John Meagher. Always rated him as a defensive hurler. Hits the world of ball in every game and reads the game well. He'll thrive under this regime in the same way Barry Heffernan has

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Any line up of the minor and u20 County teams? Can't seem to find anything yet.

• Advertisement

Any line up of the minor and u20 County teams? Can't seem to find anything yet.
    all up now

https://tipperary.gaa.ie/tipperary-sf-u20h-mh-mf-panels/?fbclid=IwAR05WIdToksnqDFHPFlWjwVDZ5v69lw51-FFx3FYJF9qjQ5otvr-ymHiJkM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement