Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

Jizique wrote: »
    What happened? Score?

Loughmore won 1-22 to 1-12. Flew out of the blocks. Jake sent off. A straight red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Jizique

Loughmore won 1-22 to 1-12. Flew out of the blocks. Jake sent off. A straight red.

Thanks; sounds very one-sided; last weeks Drom game was outstanding, some great scores as well as some controversy and then the penalty shootout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

What a win for Loughmore. Nenagh the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde team. it couldnt have gone more differently for them this week. An all mid-final on the cards? Kiladangan v Drom will be an interesting tussle.
    Mirrors what happened Glynn Barntown in Wexford who knocked out championship favourites in St Martins before been blown away by Shelmaliers the week after.

Mirrors what happened Glynn Barntown in Wexford who knocked out championship favourites in St Martins before been blown away by Shelmaliers the week after.

Rough on Shelmaliers and other clubs that there is no All ireland club championship to contest. A disgrace, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Rough on Shelmaliers and other clubs that there is no All ireland club championship to contest. A disgrace, personally.
    Its not disgraceful at all considering the unprecedented year its been
    We dont know how the winter will go. Getting county championships played and then hope winter cases are kept low and 2021 can go back towards normal.

• Advertisement

Its not disgraceful at all considering the unprecedented year its been
    We dont know how the winter will go. Getting county championships played and then hope winter cases are kept low and 2021 can go back towards normal.

Its all designed to suit the intercounty game again which was pretty much a write off months ago. Clubs are the core of the GAA. They lend to counties but are treated like sh1te by the corporate money grabbers at the top. They should have been treated with more respect. If for example, Kiladangan win their first SHC, they wont get to go on and represent the county. I fail to see how you cannot recognise this blatantly obvious injustice. It pretty much flies in the face of anyone who has bothered to represent for their club/parish either on the playing field or doing the other jobs that no one wants to do

The GAA are a greedy organisation that are making vast wealth off the backs of volunteers all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭1373

Its all designed to suit the intercounty game again which was pretty much a write off months ago. Clubs are the core of the GAA. They lend to counties but are treated like sh1te by the corporate money grabbers at the top. They should have been treated with more respect. If for example, Kiladangan win their first SHC, they wont get to go on and represent the county. I fail to see how you cannot recognise this blatantly obvious injustice. It pretty much flies in the face of anyone who has bothered to represent for their club/parish either on the playing field or doing the other jobs that no one wants to do

The GAA are a greedy organisation that are making vast wealth off the backs of volunteers all over the country.
    I totally disagree with you. Club games in the summer, county in winter. Great hurling streamed weekly, lack of crowds does not seem to affect the players. Big games every weekend and all grades been played out together. Could not ask for much more except to be allowed go to games

The clubs got to play a full county championship when there were worries earlier in the year they wouldnt get to play at all. The inter county championship should be played as well.
    Its unfortunate but something had to be done in this unprecedented time. Look at the club rugby season for 19/20 season. The IRFU stopped the leagues in March and said there would be no promotion or relegation between leagues that were 80% completed. That is far bigger injustice and clubs just got on with it accepting it as they knew that covid is far bigger than this.
    1373 wrote: »
    I totally disagree with you. Club games in the summer, county in winter. Great hurling streamed weekly, lack of crowds does not seem to affect the players. Big games every weekend and all grades been played out together. Could not ask for much more except to be allowed go to games
    Well that cant be long term. At some stage the GAA will have to ensure nationwide that club and county games are played concurrently.

Kiladangan won 1-21 to 9 points. Disappointing for Drom. Interesting matchup in two weeks... Kiladangan have serious talent, but Loughmore are one tough nut to crack and they have the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Jizique

Kiladangan won 1-21 to 9 points. Disappointing for Drom. Interesting matchup in two weeks... Kiladangan have serious talent, but Loughmore are one tough nut to crack and they have the experience.

Thanks, two blowouts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Loughmore have a football semi vs Moyle Rovers next week before the final, you'd imagine they'll be gunning for the double senior titles this year.

klose wrote: »
    Loughmore have a football semi vs Moyle Rovers next week before the final, you'd imagine they'll be gunning for the double senior titles this year.

Id imagine it will be either a case of being spurred on by yesterday or legs beginning to get tired. How much of their first team play football? Does Noel or John play? Cant imagine kennedy is still involved for the footballers although he was a very good footballer in his time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id imagine it will be either a case of being spurred on by yesterday or legs beginning to get tired. How much of their first team play football? Does Noel or John play? Cant imagine kennedy is still involved for the footballers although he was a very good footballer in his time

All the mcgraths also play football (and nifty at it too, John was part of the minor team that won a minor all Ireland in 2011) well atleast they were last season anwyays, I belive they did the county double in 2013?

Last year the commercials loughmore was probably one of the best games of football I ever watched, high quality scores throughout the day and commercials pipped em by a point in extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭joeguevara

All the mcgraths also play football (and nifty at it too, John was part of the minor team that won a minor all Ireland in 2011) well atleast they were last season anwyays, I belive they did the county double in 2013?

Last year the commercials loughmore was probably one of the best games of football I ever watched, high quality scores throughout the day and commercials pipped em by a point in extra time.

It was an absolute cracker. While not really a staunch fan of any football club in Tipp (definitely staunch hurling) as my parents live just over the Aldi carpark I do my best with them and my god that was amazing.

I know the lads have played a bit in the past but i was wondering whether they still togged out for their footballers. I suppose its a given in Loughmore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

What happened to drom and inch why did the team not give callanan more space

bobbyy gee wrote: »

It seems the sweeper was very effective for Kiladangan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

It seems the sweeper was very effective for Kiladangan

Kiladangan didn't play with a sweeper??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

bobbyy gee wrote: »

Listening to it on tippfm i think drom played with 2 sweepers, Callahan was swamped anytime the ball went near him, drom were worried after leaving kildangan hit them for 4 goals in group stage.

Michael Kennedy from Newcastle to referee the County Senior Hurling final between Kiladangan and Loughmore.

• Advertisement

Loughmore beat Moyle Rovers 0-18 to 1-11 in county senior football semi-final.
    final v Clonmel Commercials to be played September 27th

Unbelievable achievement for Loughmore/Castleiney. They are one hell of a club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Unbelievable achievement for Loughmore/Castleiney. They are one hell of a club.

yep and from any dealings i have had with people from that part of the world a sound bunch too , very impressive to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

What a remarkable club they are, wouldnt bet against them doing the double again! Strange that rovers didnt use any subs. At least according to tipp live report anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Just wondering what you think, should the clubs play first, or the intercounty first?

My own view is the club competition is run off first!

Too much emphasis on the Prima Donnas in the intercounty scene

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Just wondering what you think, should the clubs play first, or the intercounty first?

My own view is the club competition is run off first!

Too much emphasis on the Prima Donnas in the intercounty scene
    Splitting the season isnt the answer either. Put in proper structures and play both at same time with proper sanctions for counties and county managers who try stop inter county players also playing with clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Couldn't disagree anymore with the 2 most recent posts...

Couldn't disagree anymore with the 2 most recent posts...
    In what way do you actually disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Splitting the season isnt the answer either. Put in proper structures and play both at same time with proper sanctions for counties and county managers who try stop inter county players also playing with clubs.

For what it's worth I totally agree with you play club and county in tandem with proper rest times between games best of both worlds then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

I think the split season is a good idea for two main reasons;
    1. the club player has a set season with regular matches and a known conclusion date
    2. the club matches generated a lot more interest this year as the intercounty matches weren't distracting from it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement