Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

formerlyET wrote: »
    That's a very good point. It's probably a mix of both. But I have found some of the ball going in, throughout the league, frustrating. Some of the best ball going in has come from Jason Forde and he should be inside. It's criminal at times. Booming sky high deliveries or huge point attempts over their heads, going wide.

Yeah, I recall in the first half against Cork Forde sending possibly the only low pass of the half over to John McGrath and the ball bounced into his hand, turned and scored a point. That was the one aspect of the Westmeath game I thought was encouraging, did have lads moving into space for passes and opening things up. Need to vary long and shot deliveries to keep opposition guessing.

It's funny as back in 2019 in the league we were the same, then playing against Cork one day in Pair Ui Rinn it all just clicked and we ran riot. We have the players for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Ompala wrote: »
    Yeah, I recall in the first half against Cork Forde sending possibly the only low pass of the half over to John McGrath and the ball bounced into his hand, turned and scored a point. That was the one aspect of the Westmeath game I thought was encouraging, did have lads moving into space for passes and opening things up. Need to vary long and shot deliveries to keep opposition guessing.

It's funny as back in 2019 in the league we were the same, then playing against Cork one day in Pair Ui Rinn it all just clicked and we ran riot. We have the players for it.

That's right. I was at that game in Cork. The first day was called off because of the rain.
    They were just back from a camp in Spain. And everything went to hand and over the bar. None of that camp craic at this covid moment anyway...

1551715144586.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Fixture madness.
    Kickhams vs Cappawhite 2020 West IH Final Saturday 12th 6pm
    Kickhams vs Cappawhite 2021 Co League IH Sunday 13th 12noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

johnb25 wrote: »
    Fixture madness.
    Kickhams vs Cappawhite 2020 West IH Final Saturday 12th 6pm
    Kickhams vs Cappawhite 2021 Co League IH Sunday 13th 12noon.

Mother a god...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

formerlyET wrote: »
    That's right. I was at that game in Cork. The first day was called off because of the rain.
    They were just back from a camp in Spain. And everything went to hand and over the bar. None of that camp craic at this covid moment anyway...

1551715144586.jpg

Yup, was a wash out the first day, and was very late before it was called off. I definitely think Callanan helps the movement up front no end, he is very very good at making runs. Indeed, going abroad seems an alien thought these days :O

Also for anyone wondering, Tipp match vs Waterford only being shown on GAAGO this weekend. Football is live on TG4 Saturday and Sunday, with Cork vs Galway being shown live on TG4 Player online and deferred coverage being shown of it on Tv at 17:35

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod

Approaching 10k posts, time for a new thread.....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058192838

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement