Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Yeah definitely agree ,the the ball travels quicker then any man, seamies pass to bubbles in the all-ireland illustrated this, took out a few kilkenny backs.

Very poor today, at least now we are under no illusions travelling to walsh park for championship. Waterford much the better team today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

15 Dillon Quirke – Clonoulty-Rossmore

Best Tipp player on view today.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

yeah quirke took his scores well, seamie out the field is a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp 77

That was very sloppy today the Waterford work rate was better and they could have opened us up for three goals in the first half. Stephen O'Keefe did bail them out a good few times. But with Brendan and Bonner Maher John O'Dwyer and Dan McCormack to come back into the team you know the improvement will be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Lucky to win considering we had an extra man for so long. Waterford will rue their wides but their goalkeeper made some excellent saves.

Tipp haven't looked great yet but have had a very unsettled team with a lot of players getting a run out. For me the best of the new guys have been Caddell, Darcy and Quirke.

We're still needing to find a second corner back, my preference would be Flynn but he hasn't played there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Ompala

Poor performance and lucky to get the win in the end. Waterfords lack of scoring forwards proved the undoing in the end more than anything, 16 wides to Tipps 6.

The good
    -Won without playing well, and still have an outside chance of making the Quarter Finals
    -Dillon Quirke was our best player by far, 5 points from play and did a trojan amount of work.
    -Niall O Meara going very well this league, a very good target man. Hopefully nothing serious with the injury.

The bad
    -2nd goal was extremely sloppy. Tbh Paudie had one of his worst games in a Tipp jersey today. Noel McGrath very poor also.
    -Waterford were much faster than us amd far more aggressive today. We know what to expect in championship.
    -Seem to be struggling to score goals this league (bar game versus Westmeath). SOK pulled off some great saves, but our shot selections have been poor. Could have scored 2 today if we just kept the ball lower.
    -Our halfback line were run ragged today and Waterford created a lot of goal chances this way. Something for Sheedy to look at for the championship.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Very poor today, at least now we are under no illusions travelling to walsh park for championship. Waterford much the better team today.

Tough conditions. Lock of water down in the corner for example. id be happy if i was a deise supporter today. Cahill has them purring. ive great time for liam and while many from the clonmel, Carrick, Cahir areas wont agree, i hope Liam does well with this Waterford team.

I think we are only at 50-60 of what we are capbable of and we are happy in that space. We have one eye on the championship. Suits me fine

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Good to see Bonnar back on the sidelines yesterday, we badly miss someone from Midfield/half forward line who's prepared to run with the ball and take on his man so hopefully he'll be fully right come championship.

Tough conditions so hard to take anything from the game but we did look extremely leggy anytime Waterford ran at us at the back. Also that's now no goal from play against Waterford, Cork or Limerick. Plenty of work to do.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Padraic Maher was an absolute disaster yesterday every time he played a short ball he gave it away. I can only remember him driviing one ball into the forwards.

Is he beyond critisism does his iconic status render him above reproach ?

I hope not !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Xenophile wrote: »
    Padraic Maher was an absolute disaster yesterday every time he played a short ball he gave it away. I can only remember him driviing one ball into the forwards.

I hope not !

No he isn't. He had a poor game yesterday, but has generally had a good league and not one I would be too worried about and I'd imagine that is the view of most people so he is not going to get much criticism. He is one of the best and most consistent Tipperary players to ever wear the jersey.

Morris, Flynn, Breen and few more, I would be a lot more disappointed with as we need to get them pushing for their places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Xenophile wrote: »

I hope not !

No one is above reproach. Sensationalist hyperbole on the other hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Thought Heffernan and breen were pretty poor yesterday. Dillon Quirke was fantastic. One of the few lads who appeared to make no errors.

Heffernan reminded me of that much maligned TOS hamill from a few years back unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

digzy wrote: »
    Thought Heffernan and breen were pretty poor yesterday. Dillon Quirke was fantastic. One of the few lads who appeared to make no errors.

Heffernan reminded me of that much maligned lad we tried in the fb line from a few years back ....just can’t remember his name)

Tomas Hamill. Nice enough hurler, though he never quite got to deliver outstanding performances in an all ireland sf and final and earn an all star nomination on the back of it, so there the comparison would end i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Paddico

No mention of the poor ol footballers but a poor result against Londford after a great performance against Cork.
    Very up and down league performances so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Paddico wrote: »
    No mention of the poor ol footballers but a poor result against Londford after a great performance against Cork.
    Very up and down league performances so far.

Got off to a very slow start and it was an uphill battle from there. Had a few flashes of scores but Longford never looked in any real danger of losing.

2 big matches coming up to make sure they don't get relegated now.
    Home to Offaly and away to Leitrim.

Tipperary team to play Galway.

1 Brian Hogan – Lorrha-Dorrha
    2 Paul Maher – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    3 Barry Heffernan – Nenagh Éire Óg
    4 Alan Flynn – Kiladangan
    5 Séamus Kennedy – St. Mary’s
    6 Padraic Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    7 Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    8 Noel McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    9 Ger Browne – Knockavilla-Donaskeigh Kickhams
    10 Jason Forde – Silvermines
    11 John McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    12 Dillon Quirke – Clonoulty-Rossmore
    13 John O’Dwyer – Killenaule
    14 Séamus Callanan (Capt.) – Drom-Inch
    15 Cian Darcy – Kilruane MacDonaghs

16 Barry Hogan – Kiladangan
    17 Michael Breen – Ballina
    18 Robert Byrne – Portroe
    19 Paddy Cadell – JK Brackens
    20 Jerome Cahill – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    21 Paul Flynn – Kiladangan
    22 Dan McCormack – Borris-Ileigh
    23 Brian McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    24 Craig Morgan – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    25 Seán O’Brien – Newport

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ger Browne!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Beautiful team score there buried by forde

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Good Lord what a pass that was by D'Arcy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

The quality of picture on TG4 is a scandal. 3 well taken goals from Tipp, seem to be trying hard for goals today, after a barren spell in the league.

Super last goal.

Galway full back line in all sorts of trouble.

Big wind advantage for tipp in that first half so onslaught expected.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Do he think did the tipp lads eat too many biscuits at half time?...........very slow coming back out!!

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Do he think did the tipp lads eat too many biscuits at half time?...........very slow coming back out!!

Not a wise thing to delay especially with that ref. Wind was a big factor but overall the better team won. Galway were actually playing decent in the first half but against a strong breeze

The result might be a blessing. No point flogging ourselves until the end of the month when we have club games on top of that. As well as that, expectation is grand and low key just like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Not a wise thing to delay especially with that ref. Wind was a big factor but overall the better team won. Galway were actually playing decent in the first half but against a strong breeze

The result might be a blessing. No point flogging ourselves until the end of the month when we have club games on top of that. As well as that, expectation is grand and low key just like last year.

That's one way of looking at it. Another is that Tipp are in a bit of bother after letting big leads slip against Galway and Limerick. It's like Tipp dont have 70 in those old legs anymore. They are going to be searching for form going into the Munster Championship. I'd have them behind Limerick now in the All Ireland race. Still dangerous like the old professionals they are but theres no fear factor playing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭threeball

BloodyBill wrote: »
    That's one way of looking at it. Another is that Tipp are in a bit of bother after letting big leads slip against Galway and Limerick. It's like Tipp dont have 70 in those old legs anymore. They are going to be searching for form going into the Munster Championship. I'd have them behind Limerick now in the All Ireland race. Still dangerous like the old professionals they are but theres no fear factor playing them.

Its unlikely anyone is going to put all irelands back to back and especially this Tipp team who have serious mileage in the team. The best performances in the league so far have come from Limerick, followed by Clare and Galways display today. I wouldn't be surprised to see Limerick and Galway rerun the 2018 final come September.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp 77

Today really shows the importance of Cathal Barrett hopefully with him and Brendan Maher back for the championship we will have more defensive solidity. But the half forward line is back to being an issue again we got obliterated in the second half on puck outs when we went long. Bonner will need time to get right and Bubbles will too. You have to hit the ground running in the provincial championship now or it can get away from you quickly especially this year when Clare and Waterford should be better than last year. The training plan between the league and championship worked to perfection last year. Hopefully it's the same this year

Limerick obviously big favourites now but Tipp can beat anyone on their day. Also I wouldn't be ruling out the likes of Galway or Wexford.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Limerick obviously big favourites now but Tipp can beat anyone on their day. Also I wouldn't be ruling out the likes of Galway or Wexford.
    my opinion is the lay of the land is Limerick favourites but not invincible, tipperary 2nd favourites, a group of 5 ( Wexford, kilkenny, cork, galway and clare) all pretty much at the same level with Dublin and Waterford after them. Both of those can cause a surprise on a 1 off performance but Dublin lack the consistency to challenge for the main prize while Waterford have too much ground to make up after 2 disaster years.

• Advertisement

Come back to me in August :) Everyone said this last year and we were purring come championship time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement