Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Well done Borrisoleigh.

J.D.Devanny's goal though not important in the context of the game, is very important to the young hurler as it will further build his confidence.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Good to see a Tipp team grace the club All Ire hurling final day. Been far too long for such a strong hurling county. Its hard to believe a Tipp team hasn't won it since 1987. Ballyhale are not far off senior inter county standard and i feel Borris will be beaten but still no matter what happens they've had some year and hopefully give other Tipp clubs confidence to win Munster and reach All Ire finals in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mickdoocey

does anyone know how billy McCarthy is?
    is he back soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Another jd last minute goal sees our ladies past thurlas CBS in the 1/4 of the harty cup, 1-17 to 19pts, suppose to have been some game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Please tell me that what's app video is fake and isn't really the borrisleigh hurlers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭johntune

Please tell me that what's app video is fake and isn't really the borrisleigh hurlers

It's 100% not. Video from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

johntune wrote: »

Explains a lot. A truly truly bizarre scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Another jd last minute goal sees our ladies past thurlas CBS in the 1/4 of the harty cup, 1-17 to 19pts, suppose to have been some game.

Big win for templemore.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Not from Shinrone no? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Paddico

Tipp u20 footballers in a mini tournament with Wexford and Carlow.

12th Sunday v Wexford in Moyle rovers 12pm.
    Sunday 19th v Carlow in Dr Morris 1pm.
    A final on 25th at 2pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭larrya

I dunno about that........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

larrya wrote: »

It’s from a Scottish squaddie barracks

So you know now!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭johntune

larrya wrote: »

You do. But you will stir **** anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Paddico

Paddico wrote: »
    Tipp u20 footballers in a mini tournament with Wexford and Carlow.

12th Sunday v Wexford in Moyle rovers 12pm.
    Sunday 19th v Carlow in Dr Morris 1pm.
    A final on 25th at 2pm

Two wins out of two.
    Carlow up next

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Ompala

Any younger players in particular people want to see line out versus Limerick on Saturday?
    Morris, Kehoe and Browne would be ones I'd like to see start. Think the class of 2010 crop should be rested a bit, but may need a few of them to help the newer players settle in. I'm expecting Limerick to name a strong team.

And also commiserations to Borris on Sunday, they gave a superb effort when the game looked to be going away from them, and probably will regret some poor wides at vital times, but few would have predicted them to go so far earlier on (myself included) so a lot to be happy about from the year gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Must be a ton of young players itching for a start. Depends what kind of balance sheedy wants to strike i guess.

This time last year cadell was picked to start first game but got injured so i think might get the chance this time. Not sure if Brian McGrath was same boat, but i hope to see him in at 3 and maybe K O'Dwyer at 4.

Browne, Kehoe, O'Mara, loads more. Actually it could be a bit of a headache for management with a genuine glut of available young talent but its surely a first world hurling problem to have. How the blend between established and youth works out this year will be interesting to observe.

And so it begins again after the fantastic year last year. Another chance to finally go back to back.

Strong enough team for the opener. No real interest in the league this year but it would be nice if a few of the young lads step up. Strange to see O'Mara in the half forward line think he'll be lost there much more comfortable in the half back line. Won't make it down but thankfully its on TV.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Interesting team and a decent enough one too so hopefully be a good match. Ronan at full back is eye catching anyway, could be his intended position for the year and makes lots of sense, though we'll surely be seeing the younger McGrath in there sooner rather than later. Interesting half forward line and definitely goals in that top line if they get the right service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Team and substitutes

Brian Hogan – Lorrha-Dorrha
    Cathal Barrett – Holycross-Ballycahill
    Ronan Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    Seán O’Brien – Newport
    Alan Flynn – Kiladangan
    Séamus Kennedy – St. Mary’s
    Padraic Maher – Thurles Sarsfields
    Michael Breen – Ballina
    Paddy Cadell – JK Brackens
    Willie Connors – Kiladangan
    John McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    Bryan O’Mara – Holycross-Ballycahill
    Mark Kehoe – Kilsheelan-Kilcash
    Jason Forde – Silvermines
    Jake Morris – Nenagh Éire Óg

Barry Hogan – Kiladangan
    Jerome Cahill – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    Séamus Callanan (Capt.) – Drom-Inch
    Cian Darcy – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    Paul Flynn – Kiladangan
    Brian McGrath – Loughmore-Castleiney
    Jamie Moloney – Drom-Inch
    Craig Morgan – Kilruane MacDonaghs
    Joe O’Dwyer – Killenaule
    Dillon Quirke – Clonoulty-Rossmore
    Jason Ryan – Toomevara

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Dont mention the back to back folks. its the rock we've perished on many the occasion. Actually, the irony is we came closer to doing it in 2011 then any other year. It was the only year we reached a final after winning it since the previous back to back.

Im excited by the personnel coming through but happy to take things one day at a time. The real hurling will start in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Ompala

Dont mention the back to back folks. its the rock we've perished on many the occasion. Actually, the irony is we came closer to doing it in 2011 then any other year. It was the only year we reached a final after winning it since the previous back to back.

Im excited by the personnel coming through but happy to take things one day at a time. The real hurling will start in May.

100% agree with this. Let the hurling do the talking. Not worried about winning a league title but need new lads to get experience from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Is the game televised on any channel

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭osullic

Is the game televised on any channel

It’s on Eir sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

osullic wrote:
    It’s on Eir sport

Thanks

Templemore beaten in the harty.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,577 ✭✭✭✭klose

Quite a second half that...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Tipp 77

klose wrote: »
    Quite a second half that...
    Game of two halves alright

• Registered Users Posts: 11,577 ✭✭✭✭klose

Tipp 77 wrote: »
    Game of two halves alright

No doubt! On to the footballers tomorrow now, is there a reason the game is on in clonmel as opposed to thurles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭osullic

Wind a bit of a factor. Can’t complain it’s only January.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement