Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭klose

All the best to borrisileigh tomorrow, it's a tall order playing ballygunner but here's hoping they give it a good rattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Ompala

Do the DVDs generally just do the Final? Would love to rewatch the entire semi final vs Wexford, game of the season for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Is that the full match coverage of all 5? Be well worth a purchase if so.

I don't know to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Ompala wrote: »
    Do the DVDs generally just do the Final? Would love to rewatch the entire semi final vs Wexford, game of the season for me.

Seems to be a lot of us looking to rewatch the Semi. Surely someone has it saved or copied somewhere??

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of us looking to rewatch the Semi. Surely someone has it saved or copied somewhere??

Wonder will TG4 show it? They show quite a few games around Christmas time especially.

• Advertisement

Blondie919 wrote: »

Tallowman GAA on Youtube has all of the Munster games up. Was hoping it would be uploaded there but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

How many teams take part in the Tipp intermediate championship? I know there is 32 in the senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

DiscoStew wrote: »
    How many teams take part in the Tipp intermediate championship? I know there is 32 in the senior.

30 Senior teams (16 Senior A, 14 Senior B)
    18 teams in Intermediate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Some going by the borris lads here, hope they can go on and do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Congrats Borrisoleigh.

Delighted for Brendan Maher - one of the good guys

• Advertisement

That was magnificent, just sheer guts and desire got them there. Brendan just seems to get better and better with age, absolutely immense but wasn't the only one. Ballygunner were 1/6 to win that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Savage stuff from Borrisoleigh, work rate was phenomenal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

All Ireland semi vs St Thomas's of Galway on 4/5 January.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

All Ireland semi vs St Thomas's of Galway on 4/5 January.
    This is a disgrace by the way. Setting All Ireland semi finals for a date that close to Christmas and NYE basically tells them they can't have a few drinks and they can't go away as training will be in full flow in those couple of weeks beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Congrats Borrisoleigh.

Delighted for Brendan Maher - one of the good guys

A great man, very good podcast on OTB with him during the week. He's a cert for The Sunday Game, puts the "nice guys finish last" cliche to bed too.

This is a disgrace by the way. Setting All Ireland semi finals for a date that close to Christmas and NYE basically tells them they can't have a few drinks and they can't go away as training will be in full flow in those couple of weeks beforehand.

Agree, Christmas pretty much cancelled for them but I'd imagine they'd take it given they're waiting since 87 to get back there.

Hard to know what the alternative is, final at the end of January is better that having to wait for Patrick's day. Ideally they they should be wrapped up in the calendar year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

disgrace is a bit OTT. The players can have a few drinks on a few nights around the holiday period. What do you do other than this. Moving finals from March to earlier is a good thing and we'll see change to calender year soon enough.
    Agree, Christmas pretty much cancelled for them but I'd imagine they'd take it given they're waiting since 87 to get back there.

Hard to know what the alternative is, final at the end of January is better that having to wait for Patrick's day. Ideally they they should be wrapped up in the calendar year.
    can only change to calender year with changes to inter county and counties being better at managing their own competitions. Which has got better but could still be so much better again

A week further into January would do no harm. I was talking to a Ballyhale player Friday about it and they're bulling.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lonestar 74

Well done to Borris-Ileigh on winning the MF with a battling perform to defeat Ballygunner with a point to spare on a scoreline of 1-12 to 1-11. Brendan Maher gave a great display to get MOTM. Gerry Kelly, Dan and Ray McCormack also had fine games. Kieran Maher took his goal chance from a Ray McCormack pass after a driving run into the Ballygunner defence.

Great stuff from Borrisilleagh. Brendan Maher heroic. Some excellent performances overall.

Commericials and Mullinahone also in Munster finals next week and the following week respectively. Best of luck to them.

• Advertisement

History behind the Borris-Ileigh mascot.
    https://twitter.com/GAA_BEO/status/1198631614273728513?s=20

Agree with point that an extra week in january would not have gone amiss. That said, most of these players probably unlikely to be in this position again so i doubt they'll mind curtailing the new years celebrations too much.

Thought today was as good an advert for winter hurling as you'll find, great committed clean hurling with no little skill involved too. Points dont have to be going over from 90 yards every minute to make for entertaining hurling. Ref was great too, let it go in the conditions but blew up when it was correct to.

Fair play to Borrisoleigh. Was full sure Ballygunner would win this one pulling up, experience of the final, inter county players etc.
    But by god Borris hung in there and slogged this one out. Brendan Maher was inspirational and drove them on, but there is a great work ethic around this team. They fight tooth and nail for the ball from 1-15.

At the county semi stage I had them down as the weakest of the teams and have backed every team they've played since to beat them, but they continue to surprise and grind out the results. Great to have a Tipp club doing so well, as we've been poor in senior club hurling for a number of years. On to the semi finals in January, and I'll be backing St. Thomas's :D

Today reminded me a bit of the county final. Ballygunner like Kiladangan tried to play their normal game of running and offloading with short passes and work the ball out of defence. But in the conditions it was always going to be risky and add is Borrisoleighs super fitness, workrate and physicality it made it really tough.

Borrisoleighs direct approach suited the conditions, I'd imagine it would be a very different game if played in August. Should have a decent chance in the semi final.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Best of luck to Clonmel Commercials next Sunday in their quest for munster glory against Nemo Rangers. More of the same would be great.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.balls.ie/gaa/clonmel-goal-vs-nemo-rangers-317709&ved=2ahUKEwj5yauT1YXmAhVWTxUIHb2mBrcQo7QBMAB6BAgAEAI&usg=AOvVaw3XaIF1YCfF-QVM9hEPUfLz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Also this date could well coincide with the Tipp hurlers holiday, and the lads especially Brendan Maher really deserve this holiday. The waiting from now until March 17th is out dated and rediculous imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

solerina wrote: »
    Also this date could well coincide with the Tipp hurlers holiday, and the lads especially Brendan Maher really deserve this holiday. The waiting from now until March 17th is out dated and rediculous imo.

And that's why they have gotten rid of it! Final is on the 20th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

well sorry for not being as up to date with the fixtures as you are !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

solerina wrote: »
    well sorry for not being as up to date with the fixtures as you are !!

No need to apologise, not sure why you thought you needed to :confused:

• Advertisement

Tipp Fixtures for the National Hurling League 2020

Round 1 Saturday 25th January Tipperary vs Limerick 17:15 Semple Stadium

Round 2 Saturday 1st February Cork vs Tipperary 19:00 Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Round 3 Sunday 16th February Galway vs Tipperary 14:00 Pearse Stadium

Round 4 Sunday 23rd February Tipperary vs Westmeath 14:00 MacDonagh Park Nenagh

Round 5 Sunday 1st March Tipperary vs Waterford 14:00 Semple Stadium

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement